[Android 4.1+] HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto with Wifi

What should be my next focus?

• Try to work out how to integrate ODB2/CAN data?

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • Build a HUD app to work with HUR(HUDWAY style)?

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Something else?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rambodtm

Feb 10, 2021
I don't think beta version shows on google play until you have beta access. I'm not even sure it shows until the next version is released after you have beta access.

I use USB, current beta version seems to have issues.

Edited to add click on about this app. Scroll down.
Yeh, I am a beta user. For some reason it doesnt show the version on google play when on a pc, but does when using the app lol.

6.3 beta doesnt work for me, so wanted to try the latest beta, but cant, as only people who bought from the HUR website can use the latest beta at the moment :(

omerbagi10

Nov 21, 2016
HUD is working ok on my chinese headunit with low specs (1gb ram and an old chinese processor), but the interface is somewhat laggy, cant even scroll properly so I use the arrows at the side to move through the menus.
Tried different versions of stable and beta releases. whats weird is that the headunit runs other apps just fine and the scrolling works normally in them (youtube, waze, spotify, nova launcher).
Does anyone experience this or can help improving the performance?

asharesendez48

Feb 23, 2021
I think that Opera and Firefox are the best because of their amazing performance and speed. I don’t use Chrome anymore. I have also used Safari for some time but there was a problem and that was the speed of my system and internet. Whenever I try using it, it slows down the speed of my internet. At first, I thought it's because of my router or maybe I should upgrade the speed of my internet but then I found out that it's because of the internet browser I was using. This site confirmed this problem speedput and that’s because I switched to Opera.

cybertech

Sep 16, 2006
Just downloaded the latest beta and WOW it's working great. No more WiFi launcher, native wireless AA is working on my setup (yt9213aj HU, oneplus 6t). Voice commands seems to work now whereas they didn't before. Audio and whatnot seems the same as the public release but I didn't really have any issue before so. The ONLY issue I seem to be having is that the graphics seem to have taken a major quality hit but I'm going to try a fresh install and see if the issue remains
Voice commands do really work in HUR V6.3 Beta 4 as tested. When I say "Hey Google ... Read Message" it did read out my new message from the Car Stereo. The paid version 5.2 failed to do that.

Reactions: jpa66666

E61K

Feb 24, 2021
I downloaded this app from the play store yesterday.

Working well so far once connected. If I get in the car, connect, then start the car (or vice versa) then I have to open HUR, press USB and then choose the desired device. I need to do this 2 or 3 times before it connects.

It seems if I wait a few minutes, and then connect, it starts show aa screen right away in HUR. Obviously this isn't great, as don't want to have to fuss around once driving

Ideally, the WiFi connection would work. But I can't get it to unless I go down the 'Step 2' route, which means I always have to have android head unit server running which eats my battery.

I've tried all the steps shown but still can't connect to it via step 1, which of course would be an almost perfect set up!

Anyone got any tips?

Would trying the beta possibly resolve this? If I mail the Dev and install the beta and have issues above and beyond the playstore version can I delete and reinstall the working one?

EDIT:

I've got it connected after deleting aa on my phone and reinstalling. It jumps around when trying to set up aa on first connection, and seems to hang on the setting up Google assistant bit which I wonder if its linked to the next issue.

I'm using a huawei p30 pro (my wife has an s10 and it seems to work no issues but has a lag!)

If I plug in via USB, hey Google listens to me, shows the text on the screen of what I'm saying and gives me results.

If I connect wirelessly, the nav is a bit laggy, at least for the first few mins (I've not tried any longer) and OK Google does open up the voice command box with the little colours along the bottom, they dance as they hear my voice, then they turn in to a few circles, stay there for a bit then disappear. Is this an issue with Internet being passed through? Some slow ass connection or something?

I've managed to get some kind of beta version on by signing up as a beta tester via the play store somehow. The graphics aren't as crisp on this though! Works well when plugged in via USB though

Last edited:

jpa66666

Nov 18, 2020
I downloaded this app from the play store yesterday.

Working well so far once connected. If I get in the car, connect, then start the car (or vice versa) then I have to open HUR, press USB and then choose the desired device. I need to do this 2 or 3 times before it connects.

It seems if I wait a few minutes, and then connect, it starts show aa screen right away in HUR. Obviously this isn't great, as don't want to have to fuss around once driving

Ideally, the WiFi connection would work. But I can't get it to unless I go down the 'Step 2' route, which means I always have to have android head unit server running which eats my battery.

I've tried all the steps shown but still can't connect to it via step 1, which of course would be an almost perfect set up!

Anyone got any tips?

Would trying the beta possibly resolve this? If I mail the Dev and install the beta and have issues above and beyond the playstore version can I delete and reinstall the working one?
Unfortunately I'm fairly certain having to wait until the car is running to connect is an Android auto problem NOT a HUR problem. I've had the same issue with a BUNCH of different OEM setups as well (I work for a rental car company so I've used a few different ones)

RangoX

Jun 14, 2013
Hello,

I don't know if you've talked about this issue before but didn't find anything. The thing is that I connect my phone and the head unit via WiFi and Android Auto starts but if I try to use Waze the following message is displayed: "Before you start, disconnect your device from the car and log into Waze" (something very similar to this) and I can't do anything. Maps and Spotify work just fine.

Obviously Waze on my phone works fine and I'm logged in. Any ideas?

Mr. Jedge

Jul 31, 2007
is wifi connection working with that? I'm also using nikgapps but I'm using the addon android auto package with a small base gapps package.
Sorry for the delay. Yes it works with the Wifi connection. I'm running the NikGapps Full. Flashed right over the Core no problem.

Miguelmudesi

Feb 25, 2021
Hi! I just downloaded the app, the screen shows but its not on the correct screen size, it crops most of the UI, any help? Im using USB connection, I tried every setting on "Graphics" and its just very weird because the actual app (settings ans stuff) doesn't crop anything.

Last edited: