• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

Android 4.2.2 (sense5) update for HOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandaball

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 18, 2011
This thread is off to a bad start indeed :rolleyes: Cleaned everything, let's start over. If you want to create a mega information thread or whatever, edit the OP, don't create a new thread.

Reminder:
  1. Stay on topic
  2. Read this
  3. Stay on topic
  4. Don't break the forum rules
  5. Stay on topic

We will be watching this thread closely, so try not to let this thread follow in the footsteps of the previous two update threads :eek:

zeletrik

Nov 23, 2010
Debrecen
According to llabtoofer the One X update should roll out in a week or two after the HOX+ upedate.
The HTC usually roll out the upedates in the end of the week.
May It's arrive in the end of THIS week. :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: k13tas

Tondern

Jun 2, 2011
Tønder
Since it's a 3.1.10 kernel, does not that mean that we can keep using the custom kernels that are around now?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
Well 3.1.10 is the linux version, it has been used for a long time now. I think if HTC update their hboot version from 1.39 to 1.4x it could give some problems with the old kernel. Then we need to wait (god knows how many weeks) for source code again before the chefs can start cooking a new kernel.

deathgame

Apr 8, 2009
there should be no problm for sense kernels...AOSP will have to wait till sources are out ! but we still have good kernels for 4.2 (AOSP) ! We will get 4.2 update before 31st Aug

secaplus

Feb 17, 2010
Hi

SFR is not reliable source, they already announce 4.2.2 on ONE X end of July...

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
Hey guys, im curently using a renovate final 4 rom on my device, when the new sense comes out will i be able to install it without a problem? Do i have to revert to the stock rom and then apply the updates?

Sorry for the offtopic u can delete the post but pls send me a private message, Thanks!
YES just flash a nandroid backup of stock rom or if your cid matches a RUU you can use it too...but if not then the nandroid backup for your cid...then flash the stock boot.img and stock recovery.img for the base number of your nandroid and relock bootloader and you can get the OTA

Reactions: kris234

Alex93917

Sep 17, 2011
Nice
Hi

SFR is not reliable source, they already announce 4.2.2 on ONE X end of July...

There was a problem on One X release, it's not the SFR's fault. But, now, HTC works on a new release, forecasts will be good.

In addition, One X+ received it, it's a Tegra device, release is not far.

xratex

Dec 30, 2011
Since it's a 3.1.10 kernel, does not that mean that we can keep using the custom kernels that are around now?
And will they update the bootloader? we'll have to wait for updates depending on our cids? that would suck so bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone