Android 4.3 SDK

Search This thread

Nate2

Dec 11, 2010
I became so intrigued with the ongoing Android 4.3 issues that I actually updated my SDK to take a close look at what 4.3 was up to:
e7avezy3.jpg

As soon as I launched my Nexus 7 Android 4.3 (JWR66V) AVD, it locked up!
I have used 4.1, 4.0 and 2.x and have never seen this happen in my Emulator.
Launched AVD again, and this time the Launcher crashed when I tried to get into the app drawer:
7abupa4y.jpg

About screen:
5u2yveda.jpg

Going to leave it running for a while...

Last edited:

Nate2

Dec 11, 2010
My Nexus 7 Emulator running Android 4.3 JRW66V locked up this morning (less than 24 hours). I was simply navigating screens to see what apps were installed by default, and what options were available for some settings, and when I returned to the Home screen, it locked up.
2ymabyva.jpg

I had to "kill -9" it's process id to exit :(
I am going to run a Android 4.1.2 AVD next to it now, to highlight how much more stable that is.

The Linux PC the Android Emulator is running on is fine: over 396 days of System Uptime (yes, it's been over a year since I rebooted this machine), and fairly heavy use too.

rmm200

Apr 15, 2011
Bend
You don't show your AVD definition. There are some known restrictions, like set your memory size to 512.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Nate2

rmm200

Apr 15, 2011
Bend
Looks like application warnings as opposed to error. A whole stack trace only refers to one event. Exciting a process without issuing a specific close is just poor practice. Likewise doing too much on a main thread is poor practice.

Nate2

Dec 11, 2010
The 2nd looks like it may cause a resource leak. I see multiple instances of that stack trace.
Can Finalization (and proper Garbage Collection) occur if there are still references to the file handle, since it is not being explicitly closed?

Nate2

Dec 11, 2010
Another possible resource leak:
5ehu4yvy.jpg

This one looks like "IBackupAgent" (an intrinsic Android app? ) not closing a file descriptor (Parcel class? )

Nate2

Dec 11, 2010
2 more... This is from Google Maps/Navigation:

y2avy7az.jpg

And this is from the Contacts editor:

tyseqame.jpg

We also see a cursor being finalized without a prior close().

And what are those "screenshot failure" messages? I am not taking any screenshots using the Android emulator.

Last edited:

autophone

Oct 27, 2010
My nexus 7 has horrible battery life ever since I updated to 4.3. It drains in a few hours from full charge on standby. Just now I took it off the charger after recharging it for 5+ hours only to find that it had 80℅ left. Its been like 10 mins and I am already down to 75℅. I am not sure if I have a damage battery or the update. I am running stock and never root it since I bought it.

Nate2

Dec 11, 2010
My nexus 7 has horrible battery life ever since I updated to 4.3. It drains in a few hours from full charge on standby.

What apps are running? Post a screenshot of battery settings (shows battery consumption by apps) and history (shows periods of wifi use and when device was not asleep).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You don't show your AVD definition. There are some known restrictions, like set your memory size to 512.

And another, this one from Google Messaging Services (gms) ?
    qagunahu.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone