Android 4.4.4 KitKat (Official) update lands on Samsung Galaxy SIII Neo Duos I9300I

Search This thread

Sebin35

Aug 26, 2014
@christianrj there are reported hard bricks when flashing Indian 4.4.4 . I am concerned what is causing this. My phone has firmware from United Arab Emirates. Not sure if Indian will brick. Maybe I will wait for OTA?

i was too havin united arab emirates firmware.... u can flash the firmware of Hong Kong or khazakstan... cuz tht dint hav any problems with my mob... :good:

ygor.almeida

Nov 1, 2009
Sao Paulo
www.extrememdos.com.br
There currently 2 different hong kong version ( that looks like working fine and with PT-BR language as well )

Code:
 Model: GT-I9300I
Model name: GALAXY S III
Version: Android 4.4.4
Changelist: 2841449
Build date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 08:24:23 +0000
Product Code: TGY
PDA: I9300IZHUBNI2
CSC: I9300IZZHBNI2
MODEM: I9300IZHUBNI2

And Another one

Code:
 Model: GT-I9300I
Model name: GALAXY S III
Version: Android 4.4.4
Changelist: 2516179
Build date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 12:23:39 +0000
Product Code: TGY
PDA: I9300IZHUBNH3
CSC: I9300IZZHBNH3
MODEM: I9300IZHUBNH3

But i didn't find out the difference ... anyone got access to changelist to check what they changed !?:confused:
Still waiting for a proper Brazilian update ... :rolleyes:

hellreaser

Nov 3, 2012
Can someone please help me, I would like to update my system to 4.4.4 KitKat, but I'm not sure from which country can I use firmware. The first time I tried with Indian firmware but my phone stopped to work (dead) ..thanks to usman_fareed I managed to get it back to life ... otherwise my model is S3 neo duos 1.4 ghz and i am from Serbia....(again sorry for bad english)

cipo3282

Feb 8, 2012
Can someone please help me, I would like to update my system to 4.4.4 KitKat, but I'm not sure from which country can I use firmware. The first time I tried with Indian firmware but my phone stopped to work (dead) ..thanks to usman_fareed I managed to get it back to life ... otherwise my model is S3 neo duos 1.4 ghz and i am from Serbia....(again sorry for bad english)
install one of Kazakhstan. ..the use also io..tutto well ... for sure 1.4 snapdragon [emoji6]

Reactions: hellreaser

cipo3282

Feb 8, 2012
if anyone is installed kazakhstan firmware 4.4.4...will you tell me if there is a Serbian language in it,please? thanks

See if you can find the serb...sloveno it is not the same language?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414563833.796727.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414563858.396408.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414563868.516967.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414563878.114521.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hellreaser

hellreaser

Nov 3, 2012
After two days of using the new Kazakhstan 4.4.4 firmware i can say that i am very satisfied with the new kitkat ,also root instructions have been very successful for me..everything work like a charm! The biggest change was to be observed in the use of RAM memory (very important for speed)

Afshin729

May 21, 2013
Tehran
Would you pls someone tell can I use Kazakhstan firmware's for Pakistan firmware's and does it have Persian language? I'll be appreciated:confused:

Sent from my Wildfire S A510e using XDA Free mobile app

muntinlupa

May 8, 2012
Careful:
dont flash indian 4.4.4 cuz it is of 1.2 ghz processors not for 1.4 ghz processors it just hard brick my device

I wonder how we will know in advance if flashing a firmware provided by sammobile will brick our phone? I checked Indian build.prop file and it does not show anything different from Kazakistan or Hongkong. Maybe Indian changes the partition table?

jdrieper

Oct 12, 2009
Curitiba - PR
Hi, considering that these ROMs also flash the modem, which you installed the ROM from the Kazakhstan or Hong Kong are achieving normally use 3G here in Brazil?

I also read on the net that the ROM Hong Kong has PT-BR language, someone installed and can confirm this?

Thks...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat version is now available for download on the Samsung Galaxy SIII Neo GT-I9300I.

The dual-SIM smartphone was launched back in April running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, but now it has been brought up to date. The Snapdragon 400-powered Galaxy SIII Neo I9300I is a dual-SIM droid with 4.8" Super AMOLED HD screen, an 8MP rear cam, and 16GB expandable storage. It has a single-SIM sibling, called Galaxy SIII Neo I9301I, but it is running on KitKat since launch.

The new update brings all the latest Android optimizations and bug fixes, faster and more fluid interface, transparent status bar, among others. The update should be waiting for you via the OTA service. It sould become available (if not already) on Samsung KIES too.

Apparently the update is seeding in selected Asian countries. The process is gradual, but it will eventually hit everyone worldwide.

Via GSM Arena.

Firmware is now available to download on SAM Mobile, currently for Kazakhstan, Hong Kong and India.
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=GT-I9300I&pcode=0#firmware

Other countries will follow. Check the link above for firmware details, download and how to flash.

Also, there is already ROOT and TWRP 2.7.1.0 for 4.4.4 on SIII Neo, check the link below.

[ROOT] [RECOVERY: TWRP] [GT-I9300I] [4.4.4] for Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-neo/development/root-samsung-galaxy-s3-neo-t2907189

===============================================================================

Original Galaxy SIII NEO Duos I9300I Info & Discussion thread on XDA:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/general/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-neo-duos-gt-i9300i-t2789073
    successful uptade to 4.4.4 in Chile!

[Spanish]: Actualice mi Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo desde 4.3 a 4.4.4 utilizando la rom de Hong Kong. En Chile hasta el momento no he tenido ningun problema, la rom integra varios tipos de idioma español, tambien funciona sin problemas la funcion "Ok Google". Mi operador Movistar lo detecta automaticamente. Saludos!:good:

[English]: Update Samsung Galaxy S3 my Neo from 4.3 to 4.4.4 using the rom of Hong Kong. In Chile so far have not had any problems, the rom integrates various types of Spanish language, also works seamlessly function "Ok Google". My Movistar operator detects automatically. Greetings! :good:

Works really good here in Chile!.
    Careful:
    dont flash indian 4.4.4 cuz it is of 1.2 ghz processors not for 1.4 ghz processors it just hard brick my device
    i already upgrade to 4.4.4 officiel

here's some screenshots from my i9300i android 4.4.4 with quadrant benchmark test too
    "The operating system on your device has been modified in an unauthorised way." I get that error when i try to update. How do i solve this issue? Thanks for help in advance

My phone is rooted and has twrp recovery. Could this be causing the error? If so how do i unroot it back.

Sent from my GT-I9300I using XDA Free mobile app
    you have to download stock rom and flash it using odin!