Android 4.4.4 - Motorola changelog (unofficial)

Search This thread

zack.1988

Feb 3, 2014
I decided to make an unofficial changelog with all the improvements in the 4.4.4 update, respect to the previous ones. I'll start first, with the things I've noticed so far. Your contributes are welcome!

ANDROID 4.4.4 BY MOTOROLA - UNOFFICIAL CHANGELOG

- BUG FIXED: Can't charge the phone while turned off without booting the system
- BUG FIXED: Error while unmounting usb stick with OTG
- PERFORMANCES IMPROVEMENT: Gallery loads up photos really quicker within big collections
- SETTINGS IMPROVEMENT: Added setting to hide the network provider from the status bar
- SETTINGS IMPROVEMENT: Some Motorola services can now be disabled (OTA Motorola, Motorola Notification, Motorola Services, etc.)
- SETTINGS IMPROVEMENT: Added pause button to video recorder (thanks to NextGenGTR)
- NEW UI: Dialer
- NEW UI: Contact/People (thanks to Sandivisi)

-!NEW CAMERA BUG! Worse autofocus, especially shooting nearby subjects
-!NEW CAMERA BUG! Some of the shoots with flash have a stripe which divides the image in two parts with different brightness
-!NEW BUG! autorotating screen to widescreen even when barely moving the phone to one side. Then, you need to rotate 90° (widescreen) and then back to restore the normal position

Last edited:

NextGenGTR

Nov 19, 2013
I decided to make an unofficial changelog with all the improvements in the 4.4.4 update, respect to the previous ones. I'll start first, with the things I've noticed so far. Your contributes are welcome!

- PERFORMANCES IMPROVEMENT: Gallery loads up photos really quicker within big collections
- SETTINGS IMPROVEMENT: Added setting to hide the network provider from the status bar
- SETTINGS IMPROVEMENT: Some Motorola services can now be disabled (OTA Motorola, Motorola Notification, Motorola Services, etc.)
Video pause added too.

Reactions: zack.1988

juanchotazo99

May 9, 2013
Is it me or camera IQ seems better in 4.4.4? I've taken some pictures of trees from far away and there seems to be some more detail resolved than usual, less "painting" effect.. or it could be me. What are your impressions with the update on this regard?

diecast

Nov 4, 2012
Is it me or camera IQ seems better in 4.4.4? I've taken some pictures of trees from far away and there seems to be some more detail resolved than usual, less "painting" effect.. or it could be me. What are your impressions with the update on this regard?
[emoji15][emoji15] seriously??

SamsungAdmire

Mar 6, 2012

the only way to find out is to flash a stock based rom (tweaky rom which is still on 4.4.2) and take a picture there than restore to a 4.4.4 backup and see if there is any difference

juanchotazo99

May 9, 2013
See for yourselves, this looks quite detailed to me. These are as taken, no photoshopping to make them look better. At least you can make out the leaves, you couldn't do that before. That other picture was a macro attempt, and the focused part comes out quite clear.

To me, this is better than on 4.4.2, I had taken pictures like these before of the same things (sadly I've deleted them so we can't compare) and from memory this is better. Check it out for yourselves on your usual shooting subjects if you see improvements.

edit: Please try to keep a steady hand. If there's something this phone hates, it's shaky hands... even the slightest shake will screw up your pictures.

Last edited:

Triggeh

Jan 13, 2014
Some of the changelog is from things in 4.4.3 which non 4g/lte users won't get as they update straight to 4.4.4

For instance the setting to hide carrier in status bar is in 4.4.3
Edit: also i can disable those motorola apps on 4.4.3

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Some of the changelog is from things in 4.4.3 which non 4g/lte users won't get as they update straight to 4.4.4

For instance the setting to hide carrier in status bar is in 4.4.3
Edit: also i can disable those motorola apps on 4.4.3
The 4.4.4 changes include the 4.4.3

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

lost101

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 30, 2008
I've observed some Miracast / DNLA fixes in 4.4.3 (and therefore 4.4.4.)
This feature now works correctly with Android 4.4.3. However, you still need to enable the 'Cast screen' settings menu by adding the following line (if not already present) to /system/build.prop:

persist.debug.wfd.enable=1​

Additionally, 4.4.3 improves compatibility with Allcast and BubbleUPnP, along with other DNLA apps that did not operate correctly in 4.4.2.

cr0ssx21

Jun 22, 2011
See for yourselves, this looks quite detailed to me. These are as taken, no photoshopping to make them look better. At least you can make out the leaves, you couldn't do that before. That other picture was a macro attempt, and the focused part comes out quite clear.

To me, this is better than on 4.4.2, I had taken pictures like these before of the same things (sadly I've deleted them so we can't compare) and from memory this is better. Check it out for yourselves on your usual shooting subjects if you see improvements.

edit: Please try to keep a steady hand. If there's something this phone hates, it's shaky hands... even the slightest shake will screw up your pictures.

Noticed the IQ improvement on hdr mode. More detail with a slight contrast boost.

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Free mobile app

zack.1988

Feb 3, 2014
To me the quality seems poor like before.

Instead, it seems to me that the camera shots photos faster in every mode (single shot, HDR, sequence, etc.). Please check this and let me know.

Battery seems as good as before to me.

Last edited:

Bazilli

Oct 3, 2011
Oulu
Been using 4.4.4 since last night so i can't say nothing about battery backup yet. Phone is smooth and i can't see more lag than before.
Idle CPU usage seems to be bit higher than 4.4.2 where it was 0-3%, now i see 5% and 15% pikes all the time.

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Been using 4.4.4 since last night so i can't say nothing about battery backup yet. Phone is smooth and i can't see more lag than before.
Idle CPU usage seems to be bit higher than 4.4.2 where it was 0-3%, now i see 5% and 15% pikes all the time.
Do you use high accuracy or device only location?

vlt96

Oct 9, 2011
Location is usualy disabled but when i need it it is: device only.
Odd, my battery is the same with location off, but I usually use device only and in 4.4.2 it didn't drain the battery, but now it does, a lot, most apps now show high battery use, which is odd, so I disabled it.

Wi-Fi or mobile data on? Or none? Check the time without signal, when I first updated I had a 5 hour period showing I had 100% no signal (ironically, I was using Mobile data 50% of that time, and no second sim in)

Bazilli

Oct 3, 2011
Oulu
Odd, my battery is the same with location off, but I usually use device only and in 4.4.2 it didn't drain the battery, but now it does, a lot, most apps now show high battery use, which is odd, so I disabled it.

Wi-Fi or mobile data on? Or none? Check the time without signal, when I first updated I had a 5 hour period showing I had 100% no signal (ironically, I was using Mobile data 50% of that time, and no second sim in)

I got wifi and 3G always on (i'm usualy indoors and use wifi)
ve7umuzy.jpg

Must root my device and look for BBS to see what uses my cpu. I did full factory reset after OTA.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- SETTINGS IMPROVEMENT: Added pause button to video recorder (thanks to NextGenGTR)

-!NEW CAMERA BUG! Worse autofocus, especially shooting nearby subjects
    -!NEW CAMERA BUG! Some of the shoots with flash have a stripe which divides the image in two parts with different brightness
    -!NEW BUG! autorotating screen to widescreen even when barely moving the phone to one side. Then, you need to rotate 90° (widescreen) and then back to restore the normal position
    New UI - Dialer
    New UI - Contact/People

Video pause added too.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone