[Android 5.0+] Bacon Camera

Search This thread

yash539

Jan 22, 2013
mumbai
Actually not, to add support to external sdcard I have to rewrite all storage stuff so I'll add this option too

Please could you be more detailed? It's about manual focus or autofocus? Have you noticed that happens in particular situation or setting?

Really thank you for your interesting! The truth is that it's actually a miracle that I still found time to develop in android, the weight of university is much more :p , so I'm sure that right now having 2 different version will just decrease overall quality and I wont do this.. The best donation is a good review :D

its not consistent though but it happens anytime on any setting combination for me
i have to clear the app data to solve this which is not much of a prob

Spark94

Jan 26, 2017
@fgnm Hi, I have problems with slow motion on OnePlus One on LinageOS 14.1 - 13Feb nightly. When I use slow motion the video is getting dark ,quality is reduced and the video is recorded in normal motion. Is this bug already known?
Also Clear Image crashes the App and the phone need to be restarted, in order to be able to record videos.

Thanks.

Last edited:

fgnm

Dec 3, 2014
@fgnm Hi, I have problems with slow motion on OnePlus One on LinageOS 14.1 - 13Feb nightly. When I use slow motion the video is getting dark ,quality is reduced and the video is recorded in normal motion. Is this bug already known?
Also Clear Image crashes the App and the phone need to be restarted, in order to be able to record videos.

Thanks.

Hi I know that bugs but LinageOS 14.1 is very very buggy on this point of view. Actually I'm still looking for workarounds but I think there are some incompatibility between new system and old driver that they are not updated since lollipop

T-zere

Oct 16, 2011
I don't know if it is a feature or useful bug :D but I can start zooming with double tap + swiping :D for me it is really handy feature for zooming while holding my phone in one hand :D thank you :D please if it is a bug don't fix it :D

Reactions: fgnm

fgnm

Dec 3, 2014
@f.g.n.m hey dev please add support for Moto G3 .
Already tried with Moto G, 2nd and 3rd generation but drivers seems quite limited I don't know about latest updates if they have fixed something, would you like send me camera lib?

Hey. Why the photos .bmp are 36.56 mb. All same.

In general camera driver has 3 different options for output: jpeg, bayer raw and yuv format (yuv420sp in general). Bayer and yuv are non compressed format so their size only depends on pic size. Why bmp is so big compared to raw? Because is simply the fastest way I've found to store the image after conversion. PNG format return almost same result but it is much slower and almost useless for daily shots

Reactions: gonzikorn

gonzikorn

Apr 8, 2015
cordoba
Already tried with Moto G, 2nd and 3rd generation but drivers seems quite limited I don't know about latest updates if they have fixed something, would you like send me camera lib?

In general camera driver has 3 different options for output: jpeg, bayer raw and yuv format (yuv420sp in general). Bayer and yuv are non compressed format so their size only depends on pic size. Why bmp is so big compared to raw? Because is simply the fastest way I've found to store the image after conversion. PNG format return almost same result but it is much slower and almost useless for daily shots

Thank you! Sorry for my ignorance. Yesterday I use freedcam and I could take it in raw. And the size of all the photos was the same too. Does not vary as in jpg. But I do not understand why samsung limits the devices so that only the most expensive ones can make use of that. I think it's a scam. It's all a samsung business.

sargam44

Oct 11, 2016

Ok i will send you camera lib

miksi

Dec 8, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'm using it on OP3. In version 1.90, if only raw is selected without develop option there is no image captured - no jpg no dng. With develop I get proper dng and jpg which is quarter or original resolution. I've updated to oxygen 4.1.0. two days ago and now sometimes dng can't be developed to jpg - either app crashes, or doesn't do anything. Also I get little choppy viewfinder experience and takes ages to get image- slow writing. But, this is THE only camera which gives me correct colors in dng format - not washed out and somehow twisted colors. I think it's the bad system camera2 implementation which other apps utilize. Tried stock camera, FV5, Better camera, Adobe lightroom...

miksi

Dec 8, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Somehow, different apps on android treats dng files differently. DNGs taken with Bacon camera have correct colors and looks good when opened in Portfolio, looks bad in Photoshop express and Lightroom mobile (twisted colors like somebody playing with HUE slider) sometimes crashes these apps. Also can't be opened by Google photos, native gallery app and many other. Bacon DNGs can be edited in Photo mate r3 and have correct colors but some images can not be opened. Camera2 api DNGs can be opened by many apps including stock gallery app, Google photos, but the colours are washed out and images look strange.
For now I can't see a complete path to quickly edit raws(dngs) only on mobile, at least not on OP3.
Another strange thing I've notice it while editing dngs taken from camera2 api apps. During slider movements in Lightroom mobile or Photoshop express, for the moment image looks good and have good colors but only for the split second.
My OP3 generally works OK, despite the fact that I haven't done any reset yet and all updates came from OTAs. If some of you have the time to check this dng color inconsistencies with various apps on OP3 or maybe OP3T, and report it here, then I would know wether I should do a reset or not.

Nikoros.calm

Mar 14, 2017
Hello. Sorry for my English. I use Google translate. I have a problem with the bacon camera on oneplus one. If the dng capture is on and I take a picture with a long exposure (more than two to three seconds), - the camera crush. Only a reboot helps. My ROM ressurection remix nougat (not a caf), but on other roms the same thing happens.

Last edited:

Mord0rr

May 24, 2013
Hi All:
Sorry if this was answered already, but i just install this today on my Oppo Find 7, on settings when i try define DCIM from external card, i did get a message saying: Impossible take photos on USB mode..."...

Is this normal? Cant take photos to my external 128G card?
I use Omni Rom 6.0

Mord0rr

May 24, 2013
Is this tread dead? Seems i lost the party....:(

Also video and PANO dont work.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally it's here! I'm so exited to open this thread :D
    As I promised, I've worked very hard to give you the best camera experience, now it's ready (almost xD)

TCZR88N.jpg

Today I present you Bacon Camera, the first camera app optimized for the OnePlus One!
    It includes all features of my previous project with many other additions, bug fixes and a brand new UI for manual controls!

And it's on Google PlayStore too!

Bacon Camera now officially support LG G3 running Android 6.0 Marshmallow

Standard version

DEMO version

First Camera app with almost full manual controls for OnePlus One and LG G3 (running stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow)
    With Bacon Camera you will be able to see how powerful is your camera module, optimized with all possible features! (Without Lollipop Camera2 APIs, of course)

Manual Controls supported for OnePlus One are:
    - Full Manual Focus
    - Full Manual White Balance
    - Full Manual Exposure Compensation
    - Semi-Manual ISO speed
    - Full Manual Exposure Time (up to 64sec!)
    - Bayer RAW and DNG support

Manual Controls supported for LG G3 (>= Android 6.0 Marshmallow) are:
    - Full Manual Focus
    - Full Manual Exposure Compensation
    - Semi-Manual ISO speed
    - Bayer RAW and DNG support

*** (Only LG G3) Support for Laser Focus and DSLR Advanced Features: UbiFocus, ChromaFlash, OptiZoom ***

*** (OnePlus One) Support to ClearImage and 50Mpx shot. ***

A new exlusive algorithm tells you the distance between the camera and manual-focused objects.

Many other improvements and tweeks makes this app unique and perfect in any conditions!

Bacon Camera is designed for stock OnePlus One firmware (CyanogenOS 12.1), however people with custom ROMs can use it too but sometimes with some limitation (according to the driver inside your ROM), and LG G3 running stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

Since this app is still in beta state there are still some know bugs :)
    - Sometimes the app can crash or freeze (in any case clear camera from recent apps).
    - RAW format and slow shutter speed (> 2sec) causes a freeze. Reboot the phone -Camera Driver issue, only manufacturer can fix this-
    - Flash needs "Zero Shutter Lag" always to be ON (Only OnePlus One)
    - Video in HSR works only with a CAF based ROM (not the stock one)

For any question/bug report, or if you want to have a support to other divices, please refer here:
    http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/themes-apps/camera-bacon-camera-t3253278

Enjoy ;)

Open Source Licenses:
    https://github.com/sultanxda/android_packages_apps_SnapdragonCamera/
    https://github.com/troop/FreeDcam
    If you are on stock CyanogenOS 12.1 you can still use my patched media_profile.xml to have a better video quality and replace the original file in "/system/etc/" folder (do a backup first).

As I wrote in the description, this app is designed for OPO with Cyanogen OS 12.1, but it will works also on stock CM or CM based on CAF (with some limitation: shutter speed up to 2sec, and no ClearImage, HD or SuperMacro)

That's all guys, hope you enjoy it! And of course leave a good PlayStore review :cool:

Before you ask: Yes the app itself is not free.. but consider this as a small support to an 18-years old student that want just follow his dreams :fingers-crossed:
    When I will find the time I will make two different versions, anyway are just few Euro so, Really Thank you for Understanding :eek:

All features (manual focus included) not require any modded/patched HAL, just stock one.

As always don't forget to report bugs and/or what you want to be implemented, I will do my best to continue to improve this experience :)

Current To-Do-List is:
    - Triaxial Leveling
    - Photosphere (harder than imagined)

OPO - CM13 Nightlies High Res image fix
    According to new Cyanogen's decisions 50/32/24mpx image interpolation will not be available on stock CM13 Nightlies, I've prepared a temporary fix for this while waiting official CyanogenOS 13 for the OnePlus One:
    - Flash HIGH_RES_TEMP_FIX_CM13.zip via recovery
    - Reboot, and enjoy :)

No need to do a backup because if something goes wrong or you simply want revert this just flash the same ZIP.
    Here we go!
    - Support for generic Qualcomm 2.0 Exposure Time
    - Dynamic Picture Size recognition
    - Front Face Panorama
    - GIF!
    - Temporal Denoise (if supported)
    - Support for OnePlus 3 and Xiaomi Mi5
    - Minor UI update
    - Multi-Exposure fixes
    - General Improvements

Thousand of thanks to every user (more then 21k). I could not sleep thinking that so many users used so outdated app. I could never imagine that my first public project could be so big :)
    I've rewrote almost all GPL things I've used, and things that are still present in Bacon Camera are now available on my personal GitHub (you can find the link inside the app itself). I've credit all libraries used, and now no one should be unhappy for this ;)

Just because I don't want make no one unhappy I've insert some ads to keep the website on (that I'm completely rewriting) BUT they are easily deactivatable in settings.

What's next? Of course improve stability to any Qualcomm Snapdragon devices, improve Bayer RAW (my own implementation is not bug free yet, I'm working on it), and make absolutely a new UI

Leave feedback and see you soon!
    @fgnm--I really think you should bring back this great app. A lot of people like it, and some even pay for it. Some believe it's the best camera app going.
    To quit just because one guy screwed you over is wrong. "Embrace the suck, and move the ufck forward."

Something moving ... Soon, very soon :p
    Just pushed 1.9.0 on Google Play.
    Hope you'll like the new stuff I've done and especially the new manual shutter speed knob, now it's easy to set full range supported by devices because @damiann69 you're right old indicator was designed only for slow exp time.
    There is still nothing in changelog regarding RAW, Burst Mode and AE Bracket. The next update will be mainly focused on these 3 things. Especially RAW, I know that there are some troubles with snapseed, moreover latest Qualcomm drivers for devices starting from 2015/2016 has many additions that I can use to produce better dng, with good white balance and true exif data.
    Actually I cannot say an ETA but I'll try to finish ASAP :)
    And I must extend storage to external sd card :p

is there a way to get shutter speed higher than 2 on zuk z1?
    No, driver is locked at 2sec, there's nothing we can do. Only manufacturer can do this :(

@fgnm, can you add support for OnePlus 3T? Back camera is the same as that of OnePlus 3, but front camera is different.
    Check latest version, I have extended OP3 profile to OP3T too. They should not be different in rear camera, let me know about front
    My vision of interface

Hi,
    I take a lot of pics using OPO, I use many modes, many parameters, so I have little experience in this matter. I created my dream interface for Bacon Camera. It is strongly based on stock version, but I set many options to be just under finger. Of course this project is created only in photoshop :).

Main view
    On left size there are photography modes (explanation later):
    • Manual
    • Fx
    • Scene
    • Pic tuning
    • Person
    • Burst
    On the right you can see functions that work globally, and there are connected with shutter (explanation later):
    • front/back camera
    • flash
    • time related functions
    • grids and graphs
    I added button for recording, in case: "Look there! It is unicorn!"
    Changing from Camera-Video-Pano it is possible by swiping on all area of viewfinder (like in ColorOS camera).
    vRbu2Mo.jpg

Manual
    Not much changed, added button for Zero Shutter Lag, and buttons for reset settings:
    • Reset current - resets all settings from Manual mode
    • Reset all - resets global settings
      Similar mechanics is proposed for other modes.
    If you enter to any menu, button changes colour to green.
    sU1ak3D.jpg

Fx
    I moved here HDR (it is very often mode), also I created icons for DSLR modes. ZSL is always on here, as green button shows.
    1yYYC45.jpg

Scene
    You can choose scenes using convenient slider :).
    WlXChdU.jpg

Picture Tune
    This mode it's just options taken from deeper menus. You can change presets using slider.
    GjcSZOa.jpg

Mlmjz8m.jpg

Person
    Here we have similar situation like before. I don't know how this settings works with ZSL, but I putted toggle here.
    W9DjtlL.jpg

QqY29ak.jpg

k03wsu5.jpg

Burst
    I moved here exposure bracket, and added theoretically possible modes :D.
    • Burst - I used this option in CameraNext Mod from COS12.1 (and I'm surprised, that this mod is not ported to mighty Bacon Camera). If you set shutter speed for 1/5000 and use burst, you can take very sharp pictures of moving objects.
    • Shutter bracket - It is very similar idea to Exposure bracket (standard HDR but without merging taken pictures), so maybe it is possible to make burst photos with shutter speed. This method is used in HDR+ by Google. With this mode, maybe, we could obtain similar effects merging pictures on PC. It is just concept :).
    UG8Gzsc.jpg

rifpCRO.jpg

Zoom
    If you zoom view using pinch gesture you can choose:
    iYkIYWO.png

Flash
    Nothing special, I think it is more convenient way.
    XELY3rm.jpg

Time
    Standard
    WnWUY6Q.jpg

Grids and graphs
    I think fast access to histogram is crucial, but it is also important to turn off it fast :). I didn't created custom icons here for all grids.
    KW89mRz.jpg

That is all. I could create similar presentation for video, unfortunately, I don't have more time, but I think you caught my drift. Still, it is just ideas.