• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

spg900ny

Jun 17, 2011
Long Island, NY
- When I swipe down the status bar it seems to be borked, I can't really slide it down (only the first part), when I try to slide the 'underlying card' down it only comes as far down so I can see the first row of icons (saying 'auto rotate', 'location' and 'cast screen'), but as soon as I let go it disappears again.
That part seems to be "expected behavior."

If you want to see the underlying card:
  • Pull Down Notification Bar
  • Swipe from left to right on the bar at the top, starting with the clock and swipe rightward
  • Quick touch buttons and settings will be exposed
  • No need for the "herculean pull" mentioned earlier

:)

kamots

Jun 28, 2010
Atlanta
Alright! Alright! Alright! Up and running! Its beautiful!!! I'm having a problem with WiFi tethering, but other than that, everything works fine? I love the dialer and new keyboard?

sent from my nexus 5 running L

savoca

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2011
Pasadena
downloads.codefi.re
Flash SuperSU, then fastboot flash this boot.img, then you have root.

hi click me

http://imgur.com/4tobGiF

EDIT: Gather round guys.

Lots of you are complaining that apps like titanium backup and helium are crashing or just not working. And the popular thing to do is complain that there is no /system write access, buuuut, there is system write access. I'll admit it, at first instinct I thought this was the case too. Upon further inspection, it looks like root app developers are going to need to the new security contexts when they run an elevated command. This will explain why some of your apps can write to system and some cannot. I know Root Explorer has been properly updated, for example. If you'd like to read up more, check this link out. Credit to @Chainfire for the bits n bolts.

Now that that's cleared up, here's a flo boot.img I don't have it, but the method was the same, give it a swing.

Last edited:

snappycg1996

Dec 29, 2012
Hence transferring the Nandroid to your pc/laptop for backup?
It's easy man, just backup the image and restore it later, no messing around reinstalling apps etc.
I know that lol but as far as I know, this will wipe all your apps, of course, but also your videos, pictures, data, everything. Complete, factory fresh Nexus 5. I mean I don't wanna back everything up, all 28 gigs to my laptop and have to transfer that all back to my phone. :p

Telomir

Jun 8, 2014
Interesting

Alright! Alright! Alright! Up and running! Its beautiful!!! I'm having a problem with WiFi tethering, but other than that, everything works fine? I love the dialer and new keyboard?

sent from my nexus 5 running L
I'm having issues with the built-in WIFI tethering too. Also issues with USB - I had to use PDANet/Easy Tether to get USB tether working, still no luck with WIFI.

Reactions: kamots

Akr706

Apr 14, 2014
OK this worked not as bad as I had expected. It did take the full 15 minutes to boot, however.
Basically everything seems to be working, except for 2 things:
- I only have a 'back' button in the bottom bar (showing the new icon though), no home button or 'recents' button
- When I swipe down the status bar it seems to be borked, I can't really slide it down (only the first part), when I try to slide the 'underlying card' down it only comes as far down so I can see the first row of icons (saying 'auto rotate', 'location' and 'cast screen'), but as soon as I let go it disappears again.

Oh, and I just noticed I have no lockscreen anymore :) if my screen turns off and I press the power button, it takes me straight to the home screen.
If anyone has any bright ideas, I'll be happy to try them :)
I guess I'll be going back to my TWRP backup of 4.4.4 in a while :)
All the bugs, you are talking about, are because you have not flashed userdata.img. I also tried it first and same things happened with me. So i took backup of my data and made a fresh install.

savoca

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2011
Pasadena
downloads.codefi.re
Flash SuperSU, then fastboot flash this boot.img, then you have root.]

[I am not able to post links yet so I removed this section]

what kernel is that? I flashed elementalx for AOSP 1.0 but first the radio didn't work, then the whole phone crashed and stuck in a bootloop
It's the L boot.img, sit tight for /system write.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone