Android 5.0 on Asus ME181C K011

Search This thread

tonygesto

Jan 29, 2017
Hello guys, I am currently in the WW-3.1.23.191 firmware with android 4.4.2 and I would like to upgrade to lollipop, using OTA I do not receive the update, you know where I can get the android 5 for this tablet and install it by recovery?

Thank you very much in advance

doughmay

Jan 16, 2017
Well if you haven't gotten the OTA at this point ASUS is probably not going to send one to you most likely because they stopped supporting that tablet officially. I would recommend getting a custom recovery, custom rom, and a special lollipop kernel for your device (if one exists).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tonygesto

Jan 29, 2017
Well if you haven't gotten the OTA at this point ASUS is probably not going to send one to you most likely because they stopped supporting that tablet officially. I would recommend getting a custom recovery, custom rom, and a special lollipop kernel for your device (if one exists).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you recommend me some custom recovery or some custom rom?

tonygesto

Jan 29, 2017
cant find any android 5.0 lolipop or any custom rom like cyanogenmod for my asus memopad 8 ME181C-K011

Loobster

Feb 9, 2013
This tablet is a good performer, quad core and would be a good candidate for a custom ROM. I have no idea why there are no custom ROMs for it, surely it should easily cope with Marshmallow if not Nougat.

I have been looking for a more up to date custom ROM for my ME181C for at least 18 months, but nothing.

Surely some of you ROM modifier experts can save us from obsolescence hell here!

Meehh

Jul 18, 2017
Is it even possible to build a room for it? It has an Intel CPU.
I'm a little hopeless about this and I always get annoyed with its custom stock.