Android 5.1.1 LMY48B Discussion Thread

Search This thread

Comed1an

Jan 8, 2012
I have never encountered the bounce on my normal use, but tried what californicated suggested and yes that bouncing does occur still on 5.1.1
For me this is a minor issue, actually more fun to see what I can bounce. [emoji14]

californicated

May 4, 2011
Another not fixed bug:

Swipe down statusbar twice and click settings icon --> fine
Double-tap status bar, swipe down once and click settings icon --> animation is flickering

pgptheoriginal

Mar 16, 2011
Stockholm
This animation works wells for me.
In my case there's only one stutter/flicker, and its barely noticeable. Retry, I think the bug is actually there, it's just not so noteworthy, compared to the other ones :D

Btw, what is this update for? All the main issues are still there, either there was a serious security flaw which Google didn't want people to know, or the memory leak definitely has been fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited:
Reactions: californicated

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
In my case there's only one stutter/flicker, and its barely noticeable. Retry, I think the bug is actually there, it's just not so noteworthy, compared to the other ones :D

Btw, what is this update for? All the main issues are still there, either there was a serious security flaw which Google didn't want people to know, or the memory leak definitely has been fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Memory leak was fixed which was top priority.

pgptheoriginal

Mar 16, 2011
Stockholm
I have another very annoying issue. I can't get my phone to forget one of my WiFi networks. I have a 2.4GHz "n" and a 5GHz "AC" networks at home, and I'd like my phone to forget the (slower) first one.
But even though I tap "forget", my N5 shortly reconnects to it, as soon as the 5GHz network signal becomes weak.
I'm sure the problem is that Google backed those networks up, and now they are now linked to my account.
Is there a way to delete or reset them?

Sent from my Nexus 5

luckana

Apr 30, 2012
Burgas
I have another very annoying issue. I can't get my phone to forget one of my WiFi networks. I have a 2.4GHz "n" and a 5GHz "AC" networks at home, and I'd like my phone to forget the (slower) first one.
But even though I tap "forget", my N5 shortly reconnects to it, as soon as the 5GHz network signal becomes weak.
I'm sure the problem is that Google backed those networks up, and now they are now linked to my account.
Is there a way to delete or reset them?

Sent from my Nexus 5

wifi settings - advanced - play with frequency bands. set it to either 2.4 or 5 only and one of your connections will disappear

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First things I've noticed, will update as I find more. I've put exclamation marks by the things everyone is probably most interested in:

!- Seems to be performing beautifully, though it'll take more time for me to see if this performance continues.
    !- Not getting any homescreen redraws yet (which I always used to get) and I'm putting it through some pretty heavy multitasking right now.
    !- Background apps seem to be staying open longer, though needs more time to confirm whether memory leak is fixed.
    - Every tile in quick settings now animates as you toggle, and as expected you can change WiFi and Bluetooth devices from the quick settings menu.
    - New contacts entry field is nice.
    - Interruptions menu has had some much needed tweaking, with new "labels" for what the star, etc, actually mean (priority mode).

Edit 1:
    !- Apps are launching very quickly. Not sure if this is to do with better memory management, but things always seemed to hang when I opened them on 5.0.1.
    - New animations in clock app are a subtle but nice touch.

Edit 2:
    !- If you're listening to music and change the volume, there's a little alarm icon next to the volume bar. Tapping on it takes you to notification volume instead of media volume. FINALLY it's possible to change notification volume whilst listening to media!

Edit 3:
    - Heads up notifications can be dismissed by swiping up.
    - Just rebooted, seemed much faster than before (<10 seconds).

Edit 4:
    - Swiping away all apps no longer leads to system apps showing as cards (e.g. Android System) and just shows "No Recent Apps" as it should.

Edit 5:
    - OK Google hotword detection seems much snappier, and the search app seems much much quicker at transcribing my text into the search field. Previously it would hang for a good few seconds after I finished speaking before any words would appear.

Edit 6:
    !- After playing around a lot more with multitasking, I can confirm memory management has been MASSIVELY improved, it's like using a completely different device. Apps I had open 15 minutes ago snap open almost immediately and return me to exactly where I was previously in that app. We can actually multitask again, huzzah!

Edit 7:
    !- Silent mode works in much the same way as it did in 5.0, except it's been improved IMO. Priority mode for only select notifications to get through, "None" mode for when you want the equivalent of silent mode. However, with "None" or "priority" selected you can now choose for that to be the case "until your next alarm". Means if you turn off notifications completely at night, you don't need to worry about your alarm not going off :)
    !- Silent mode is back (sort of)! When "None" mode is enabled, your phone will not make a sound or vibrate, but the LED will still work. This is a much better implementation IMO, as before your LED did not flash either. Means "None" really is silent mode now - no sound or vibration, but LED informs you of notifications.
    Is there anyone outthere that can provide a TWRP flash zip from this version (since i do not have acesse to a computer for a few days)
    Thanks in advance
    Rom 5.1.1 lmy48b
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Pzf3SOfzaIWm9Hai01X0xRNXc/view?usp=sharing
    Radio+Bootloader
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Pzf3SOfzaIZWFJWlV5M2RwT1k/view?usp=sharing
    I made a full review of the changes and improvements of Android 5.1 if you wanted to check it out:

http://youtu.be/8aw7XeMFARM
    How's the battery life?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Much better, getting 12+ hours SOT ;)
    no. that's great that your phone works fine. but when 95% of the user-base complains about the same exact thing, then it's not a personal setup problem. you're part of the exception.

please tell me more about how great it is that you're running stock with no customizations or mods on a device that is built with an OS designed to be customized and modded. if the phone only works stock, then what's the point of giving us options and opportunity to customize and mod?

95% ? So you got that rock solid statistic from , where, exactly?

And you install customizations that are designed by someone other than Google, but Google sucks because they didn't anticipate every single mod that folks will write and throw at it and work perfectly no matter what? Like everyone's needs are the same AND can be anticipated? Good grief. First world problems.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone