• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 5.1.1 RELEASED for Xperia Z2!!! Post your impressions & feedbacks here!

Search This thread

spuri78

Oct 2, 2007
Bris Vegas
c'mon, 5.1 is eating up battery like there is no tomorrow. Tonight I'm "upgrading" to 5.0.2

EFbTNIl.png

You mean "downgrading "?

BlAckXpeRia

Dec 22, 2013
Yambol
Sorry, but the conspiracy theory is nonsense. The reason we're not getting the Camera2 API is because Sony would have to rewrite much of their camera support from the ground up, and that costs money. It is that simple. We'll eventually get the Camera2 API whenever they next release a new phone for which they decide Camera2 would be a good marketing angle, or the hardware itself necessitates a rewrite so they might as well build it around Camera2. And most likely, when either of the above arrives it won't be backported to older devices.

And which manufacturer are you going to switch to? As far as I'm aware, there are only two Android phones that can shoot raw out of the box: the LG G4 or HTC One M9. Hell, even Google's own Nexus 6 doesn't properly support Camera2, requiring you to install a third-party app to get raw support.

It's Google you should be blaming here, not Sony.

They already implemented it on the overheating trash(Xperia Z3+), so the code is written and ready to be compiled on all xperia z line(z2/z3 have merged sources). Also, they are a big company. If they are willing to stay in business, they should do some positive changes and not release phone that overheats in 1-2 minutes. in camera.

derjaeger

Jul 24, 2015
First impressions - Installed via PCompanion. Battery is good for now.No heat issues and battery drain.The phone was heating while the installation was in process.The phone got more responsitive and snappy,the autorotate screen is faster+ i love the landscape menu option <3 I see the improvement of the SAM mode.It focus faster and the shots are abit sharper. For 2 days - 0 errors or bugs so far.Sound - i feel the speakers abiiiiiit louder.With headphones attached - abit louder listening to youtube,but still the same while listening in Walkman/aka Music.
Which FW did u install?

zadusimple

Dec 1, 2010
Delhi
Ok. My phone when it is switched off is charging perfectly , however when I try to charge it (USB) when on , it does not charge at all. Strange? Is anyone else also facing this issue?

Dec 26, 2014
Didn't receive the update yet, but I'm a bit scared about the battery drain some users are talking about. I dont think my battery it's good as it should be on 5.0.2, but I dont remember how it was back in 4.4.4.

Also, I'm a little pissed off with memory management, since it kills some background running apps while I'm using Music, Twitter, WhatsApp and Chrome at the same time. C'mon, 3GB RAM can't run these apps without killing some of them?

Anyway, 4.4.4 is better than 5.0.2 overrall? And 5.1.1? Which ROM it's the best for the Z2?

japskren

Apr 18, 2011
jakarta
It's is worthed to upgrade to 5.1.1?
I got the notification, but still not sure to upgrade it or not.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

RyTekk

Aug 17, 2012
Nha Trang
I've just got freeze, the music still plays but can not touch or swipe anything on the screen, I was got it on 5.0.2, and now it still happens on 5.1.1. Have anyone got this issue?

vctrdnl

Nov 30, 2009
Mannheim
No battery drain here, not even a hint of such. The new firmware is very smooth, and the device feels cooler than before even under heavier usage. And even with the hottest day in a while, 36C. Not much else to report yet. I received the update as an OTA last night, installed it without wiping any old data. In fact, I haven't done data wipe since upgrading from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4. See my current battery stats below.

uploadfromtaptalk1438275109861.pnguploadfromtaptalk1438275116674.png

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk

Ziendal

Mar 25, 2014
How to remove NFC icon ?
Also editing bulid.prop dosen't remove "R" (roaming) icon from bar in MVNO.

giancaleone

Jul 25, 2008
Hi all, Just a couple of question about the the OTA update.

I'm on stock .28 with root and recovery and I'm recieving the ota update (Italy) and trying to update, but after downloaded the update I recieve an error during the final verify and the process fail.
I' m wondering if this issue are happening to someone and if is there any solution to fix it.
Furthermore I wanna know if with the ota update i lose the root and recovery.

Thanks to all.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts