Android 5.1 to 6.0, 2gb ram INTEL cpu Rom updates & ROOT links.NEED HELP TO BUILD ROM

Search This thread

ikerg

Looking to the update.zip for rooting for mtcd Intel units it is based on old boot.img (kernel and settings from September) and last update (December) resulted in changes in some settings for video and some drivers changed.

If using update.zip for rooting over a ROm from December will cause to revert the settings and drivers to the September state.

I am planning to release an updated file based on the most recent boot.img file from December rom

Enviado desde mi D6603 mediante Tapatalk

Reactions: vassandrei

vassandrei

Jan 9, 2015
Moscow
I would love to test out the rom, I have a 135n2 unit to test with. Was it you or someone else that was going to change the SRC button function as well? Because I would love for it to be a play/pause button because I have a canbus adapter I can't relearn any of the keys

sonof

Aug 16, 2010
I would love to test out the rom, I have a 135n2 unit to test with. Was it you or someone else that was going to change the SRC button function as well? Because I would love for it to be a play/pause button because I have a canbus adapter I can't relearn any of the keys

Can't you remap the buttons when you are rooted?

sonof

Aug 16, 2010
Maybe.. I am rooted! Could you tell me how?
Unfortunately I don't know.

Anyone know how to remap the hardware buttons?

gustden here remapped SRC key but do all of them require modifying APK's to change the behavior?

Edit: I'm hoping MTCD tools works with our unit.

Edit2: Just tested and it does not work :(

I have non-functioning DVD and EJECT buttons on my HU and the seller doesn't provide any way to make use of them.

Last edited:

avenant

Mar 24, 2014
Does anyone know if there is some service which is responsible for the "mode" wheel key button, which lets you cycle through apps? when you press mode on wheel key button, it cycles through the 4 factory apps, Radio, Music, AVIN and Video, however if you use MTCDTools, you can add your own apps to cycle through, so in my case I can cycle through 7 apps now, but I want to disable the factory apps you can cycle through like: Radio, Music, AVIN and Video...
There is this app lets you disable services: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cn.wq.disableservice
Perhaps with this app it is possible to disable the service which cycles through the factory apps? Or is the software that is responsible for the mode button behavior not a service?

sonof

Aug 16, 2010
How to root for dummies, please.

I tried three different methods and failed each.

Update.zip was on SD card. Nothing happens when inserted. Rebooted while inserted and recovery flashed briefly (I had to touch nothing) and then it took 18 minutes to boot but SuperSU says no root.

ADB over WiFi with install.bat was able to connect but gave some errors although it said to reboot device. Still no root with SuperSU.

Manual copy of boot.img etc. with ADB over WiFi also failed. Some error message about connection while copying files although it first got connection just fine.

ikerg

How to root for dummies, please.

I tried three different methods and failed each.

Update.zip was on SD card. Nothing happens when inserted. Rebooted while inserted and recovery flashed briefly (I had to touch nothing) and then it took 18 minutes to boot but SuperSU says no root.

ADB over WiFi with install.bat was able to connect but gave some errors although it said to reboot device. Still no root with SuperSU.

Manual copy of boot.img etc. with ADB over WiFi also failed. Some error message about connection while copying files although it first got connection just fine.
Which headunit you have?

vinhZ

Apr 6, 2015
Does anyone know if there is some service which is responsible for the "mode" wheel key button, which lets you cycle through apps? when you press mode on wheel key button, it cycles through the 4 factory apps, Radio, Music, AVIN and Video, however if you use MTCDTools, you can add your own apps to cycle through, so in my case I can cycle through 7 apps now, but I want to disable the factory apps you can cycle through like: Radio, Music, AVIN and Video...
There is this app lets you disable services: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cn.wq.disableservice
Perhaps with this app it is possible to disable the service which cycles through the factory apps? Or is the software that is responsible for the mode button behavior not a service?

Try the rk3188 headunit app from the play store

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

I have this unit:
JY-AL003N2

Update with the 4th of January Joying update file was successful before I attempted the root methods.

I had same issue with the install.bat from the joying forum.

go to http://adbshell.com/downloads and download "adb kit" and replace those files in your folder.

ikerg

I have this unit:
JY-AL003N2

Update with the 4th of January Joying update file was successful before I attempted the root methods.
You were using an update.zip for mtcd intel based units...So it wont work for your unit.
Joying and mtcd have different mcu and the ROM is structured in a different way.

vassandrei

Jan 9, 2015
Moscow
has anyone tried installing xposed framework for the intel joying head units? like through flash fire or something? the sdk22 version 87 latest one. Does it work?

vinhZ

Apr 6, 2015
The problem is that if you try it and you are unable to boot, there's no way to get to recovery to fix it. So I don't think anyone has been willing to take the risk.
Also there has been some reports that some xposed Modules are causing intel chipsets phones to crash and bootloop.

vassandrei

Jan 9, 2015
Moscow
The problem is that if you try it and you are unable to boot, there's no way to get to recovery to fix it. So I don't think anyone has been willing to take the risk.

Wait, is it only a soft brick? Because then if you put a firmware update on a usb or something and then while rebooting hold the power button it will force a "recovery" update. I messed up an xposed install one time by doing the wrong SDK framework (I think..) and it was stuck at the "android" logo without booting.

joshnat

Jul 20, 2006
Android Wear
Wait, is it only a soft brick? Because then if you put a firmware update on a usb or something and then while rebooting hold the power button it will force a "recovery" update. I messed up an xposed install one time by doing the wrong SDK framework (I think..) and it was stuck at the "android" logo without booting.
I didn't know you could do that on the joying Intel units. I'll play with it and see what I get.

vassandrei

Jan 9, 2015
Moscow
Just in case I'll mess around with it one more time tomorrow, don't do stuff yet, maybe I just got lucky or something... but the way I understood it is that the "recovery" just automatically flashes whatever is on the USB or SD, assuming the folder and file structure is what it expects.

Anyway the way I did it is I held the power/volume knob for almost 30 seconds or so until it started doing a firmware update procedure

dcman008

May 6, 2006
Just in case I'll mess around with it one more time tomorrow, don't do stuff yet, maybe I just got lucky or something... but the way I understood it is that the "recovery" just automatically flashes whatever is on the USB or SD, assuming the folder and file structure is what it expects.

Anyway the way I did it is I held the power/volume knob for almost 30 seconds or so until it started doing a firmware update procedure

If this is true, this will change a lot and I think more people, my self included will be wiling to take some more risks.

Any one leave the sd card with update files in the slot after doing an update? If so did it start the process over again?

avenant

Mar 24, 2014
If this is true, this will change a lot and I think more people, my self included will be wiling to take some more risks.

Any one leave the sd card with update files in the slot after doing an update? If so did it start the process over again?

I did, when android is booted, it just detects there is an update file, and asks if you want to update or not... it doesn't force an update, it just asks if you want to update or not, same happens when android is already running and for example you copy/move the update.zip from a folder to the root of the sd card, then it detects the update.zip and asks if you want to update or not.

did you manage to install xposed and got it working?

Last edited:

sonof

Aug 16, 2010

I did recover from endless Android logo (resulting from trying to root with Joying HU root.zip found in this thread).

I did the following:
Put latest Joying update files to microSD card and insert it to GPS slot. Press and hold both reset and power buttons. Once it boots continue holding reset button.

This lead to automatic install of Joying update files and my HU was back alive but I hate the Joying company for not providing means to enter recovery and a complete ROM.

Edit: For me it did not ask if I want to update or not. It just began updating automatically. In contradict to the post above. But I was unable to boot to Android when I tried this.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android 5.1 to 6.0, 2gb ram INTEL cpu Rom updates & ROOT links.NEED HELP TO BUILD ROM

WE NOW HAVE ROOT
    This unit works and sound great..However there are a few thing i would like to adjust...like be able to power off instead of hibernate and or set hibernation time...I would like to have back up of the shipped original rom... And dual boot os..or roms. Change buttons and switches on tool bar...Does anyone know if there is a way to dump mcu firmware....... All ideas and suggestions welcome and appreciated!! ...
    Looking for help and insight into this head unit..1) lets make this rom better ..now that joying has released there intel unit i would like to get a copy of there rom and compare .... Also ANDROID 6 may be In the near future ....read links
    thanks in advance
    cpu info
    intel link
    https://software.intel.com/en-us/bl...atom-x3-code-named-sofia-soc-processor-series
    rockchip link same cpu
    http://www.rock-chips.com/a/en/products/SOFIA_Series/2015/1125/734.html
    on the intel link a little ways down the page it says
    The Intel® Atom™ x3-C3230RK processor, a collaboration between Intel and Rockchip*, includes a quad-core 64-bit Intel® Atom™ CPU and an integrated 3G modem. Figure 3 describes this SKU’s high level architecture
    http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/atom-x3-c3000-brief.pdf

cool link from dongali thanks
    How to extract installed apps as apk guide:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Extract-APK-File-of-Any-App-on-Your-Android-Phone
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ext.ui&hl=en

cool link from doitright thanks
    WHAT CAN THIS MEAN FOR THE FUTURE OF THE INTEL HEAD UNIT
    https://ami.com/board-support-packages/
    It looks like we should be able to get some code and kernel for android 6.0..now we just need to find someone to build a roms for us

food for thought can we do something like this for our intel units ...this could open some doors for us
    http://www.cnx-software.com/2014/12...d-from-an-sd-card-on-rockchip-rk3288-devices/
    wasn't necessary thinking Linux ubuntu only...but if you made bootloader look for a system on a sd card android,linux,windows,exc...you could have a dual boot system....this would be awesome it would make it easier to mod system files and experiment with different os and have the ability to pop out the sd card and be back to stock config if you didn't want to boot off sd card make an sd card to redirect boot loader back to internal system...or if bootloader can't find a os on sd make it default back to internal system. ..I think something like this would be one of the best things that could help speed up development and allow roms that were built for different partition sizes and systems become more Universal .
    Anyone want to chime in
    Can this be done

where unit was bought
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2G-R...2707119098.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.54.PW30db

firmware update link 10/12/16
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bz8umNL1qrsoTTVIbm0zVWk4QXM?usp=sharing

original firmware update version link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz8umNL1qrsoTDcwX1ViMG1BbFU/view?usp=sharing
    the root udate.zip link is a few pages back in this thread i think around page 23 .. on a fresh formatted usb copy update.zip ..flash from usb1 . dont check wipe
    root link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1PAxDuZk9rHODdwNzFMR3FtOEk/view?usp=sharing

Joying firmware link
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bz8umNL1qrsoLVh5cHVSdmVQOWc?usp=sharing

this can be the answer if can this be done with our head unit..... http://www.xda-developers.com/install-use-multirom-xdatv/
    This app only works on selected devices. Check the list at the bottom of this description.
    This application requires root and it is designed to be used by experienced "power users".
    It is strongly recommended to read XDA thread before installing this app, you can find links at the bottom of this description.

MultiROM Manager can install or update MultiROM, it's recovery and kernels. It can also install Ubuntu Touch system-image based builds into MultiROM as a secondary ROM.

MultiROM is one-of-a-kind multi-boot mod for Android devices. It can boot any Android ROM as well as other systems like Ubuntu Touch. Besides booting from device's internal memory, MultiROM can boot from USB drive connected to the device via OTG cable. The main part of MultiROM is a boot manager, which appears every time your device starts and lets you choose ROM to boot. You can see how it looks on the left image below and in gallery. ROMs are installed and managed via modified TWRP recovery. You can use standard ZIP files to install secondary Android ROMs, daily prebuilt image files to install Ubuntu Touch and MultiROM even has its own installer system, which can be used to ship other Linux-based systems.

.Here's the deal... if we could dual boot another android os for head unit let just say rom from joying or other brand/manufacturer you could test rom see what works and what doesnt , modify rom ,extract apps from rom and if rom was better you could make rom you primary boot ..(i also believe we could add or mod the mcu part back in the rom).... and you would be able to test this all with out erasing you stock configuration or stock rom ....you would be able to test and develop new updates as they come out.. you could test with out erasing or wiping your system.. you could run Ubuntu ,Ubuntu touch or other more pc based os and still have the ability to reboot and be back in radio os android mode....and I think there is a fun factor here with experimenting and adding more function to the head unit
    This is what XDA is all about right WHO 'S WITH ME:
    Well, this seller also tells his unit can't be upgrade to 6.0....

"hello friend
    this can not update android 6.0
    we willl recommend 6.0 os in the end of this month
    you can take care of our store
    thanks alot "

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bon...ereo-PC-Tablet-Universal-For/32707119098.html

Do, PLEASE, keep in mind, that you are talking across a very steep LANGUAGE BARRIER.
    When you ask them if the unit can be upgraded to "android 6.0", they aren't answering the technical question of whether or not Android 6 *could* run on the unit. They aren't even answering whether there are or are not plans to CREATE an Android 6.0 upgrade for it. They are ONLY answering that there is NOT CURRENTLY ANY UPDATE FILE AVAILABLE FOR IT.

I *absolutely promise* that these units ARE capable of running Android 7.1 or newer.
    And given that these are now INTEL cpus, a lot of the undocumented rockchip crap gets to fall away, which means that **WE** might be able to generate such an update without the manufacturers providing anything.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Can anybody confirm that new units (Intel 2 GB RAM) have sdcard slot?
    Hotaudio people told.me that new unit has no sdcard anymore. The slot is for.a 3g Sim

This is pretty hilarious...

More about the LANGUAGE BARRIER.....
    The Intel units DO INDEED have an SDCARD slot.

I'll tell you where this silly idea of no-sdcard slot came from;

Meet the JY-UL128 product page;
    https://www.carjoying.com/head-unit...s-navigation-multimedia-panel-support-mi.html

It says at the very end of the "quick overview" section, "No SD card".
    Let me repeat that again so it sinks in: "No SD card".

Lets consider those words very carefully, and try to understand what that means from a LANGUAGE point of view.
    What it does NOT say: "No SD card SLOT".
    It literally says "No SD card".
    It does not ship with a CARD IN THE SLOT.
    The slot, as it ships, is EMPTY.
    But it is there. The slot, that is.

Look here, this is the product page for the JY-UL128N <-- N for "iNtel". Note: the one that everybody wants is the "N2" for Intel/2GB.
    https://www.carjoying.com/joying-20...r-dab-obd2-nfc-bluetooth-mirror-link-653.html
    If you scroll all the way down to the specifications section, it is pretty clear that "Support micro SD/SDHC (1-32GB)" and "Maps: Built in head unit or Memory card".

So yes, it does indeed have an SD card slot.

Oh, and the slot is labeled as "GPS". That really does suggest that that is where your maps go.
    Just for comparison sake, at 24000 that's somewhere around where a Galaxy S4 is, give or take a bit. The Rk3188 should be somewhere in the 13000 - 17000 range.
    The kernel can lie about the CPU to ANY software.
    But there is ONE trick that you can use to actually test it out -- build an application with NDK/native component ONLY for x86 CPU architecture. If it runs, then its x86. If it doesn't, its ARM.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Makes no difference what you think you see, it is what it is, and it is DEFINITELY a liar.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

I've already indicated all that is necessary to PROVE THAT IT IS A LIAR.

Or not.

Why start with view point that it is fake it has not been proven so and I dont see how your argument establishes fact.

I too have outlined that there is a hardware difference and that the wifi/bt has moved onto the SOC (which is part of intel SoFIA as is 3g) or are you saying that too is fake?

Also, no one here is being disrespectful to you, so please do the same.
    @kc2koj@hotmail.com

Hey, wondering if you could extract the stock Vehicle Information app into a backup .apk file to share with MTCD rk3188 users to test cross compatibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here you go