• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 6.0 AT&T release date prediction thread!

Search This thread

Croeta

Jan 4, 2016
Just had a chat with a rep. Don't know how well this will help. I am going to guess tomorrow since that's what all the reps are saying.
T05rYVP.png

jtp2293

Mar 14, 2016
A representative today told me that they do not know this information. They spoke to their manager, and the manager stated that we would receive a text message when the update is ready.

Getting increasingly more frustrated with Samsung and AT&T waiting for months to receive an update for something the S7 already has...:mad:

Reactions: brttwilliams

sdk0308

Dec 18, 2011
A representative today told me that they do not know this information. They spoke to their manager, and the manager stated that we would receive a text message when the update is ready.

Getting increasingly more frustrated with Samsung and AT&T waiting for months to receive an update for something the S7 already has...:mad:

Hopefully the make a S7 Google Play Edition. I'd much rather save up for that than deal with AT&T's bloatware and delayed updates.

jtp2293

Mar 14, 2016
Hopefully the make a S7 Google Play Edition. I'd much rather save up for that than deal with AT&T's bloatware and delayed updates.

Absolutely agree. I love my S6. I switched from iPhone to Samsung and have no desire to go back; however, the one thing that Apple has over Samsung is rolling out updates much faster and more efficiently. The bloatware (which is typically disabled anyway) is excessive and such a nuisance.

Hopefully we will get the lucky notification for the update soon. Been waiting too long for this!

Ed_Sanchez

Mar 15, 2016

I spoke with an AT&T Rep today and they told me that the 6.0 update for Galaxy S6 was released on march 9th.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE NO LONGER MAINTAINED. UPDATED DIRECTIONS WILL BE HERE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-galaxy-s6/general/android-6-0-1-g920aucu3cpc2-att-t3371227

EDIT: HIT THE BRAKES ON THIS. I'M HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THROUGH THE SAMSUNG SIGN-ON. NOT SURE IF I FORGOT MY PASSWORD OR SOMETHING ELSE IS WRONG. DON'T FLASH UNTIL I CONFIRM I CAN GET THROUGH THIS STEP

EDIT2: FORGOT PASSWORD. ALL GOOD TO GO :)

Alright, the file linked above does indeed work. I flashed using ADB. Flashing via this method WILL WIPE EVERYTHING SO BACKUP FIRST. Short tutorial (I'm not responsible for anything that goes wrong, but this worked for me):
    1) BACKUP
    2) Download package from https://xdmd.sl.attcompute.com/agents/48653/1488/SS-G920AUCU3BOJ9-to-U3CPC2-UP
    3) Append .zip to filename
    4) Reboot into recovery. Turn off phone and wait a minute for it to completely turn off. Hold down Volume Up + Home + Power until you see a little Android guy. It will say Applying System Update or something like that possibly, and just let it do it's thing until a menu comes up.
    5) Select Apply Update from ADB Sideload
    6) Make sure you have Android Platform Tools on your computer (there's other guides for this)
    7) command 'adb sideload <path to downloaded .zip file here>'
    8) Wait patiently
    9) Phone reboots and will hang at AT&T logo for 5+ minutes. Just wait this out

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Screenshot of version and baseband?

Will upload as soon as I get through the setup process.
    I have successfully flashed the file via recovery through ADB sideload. It was recognized as a valid OTA zip and it went through the process. Phone rebooted and is now at the ATT logo. I'm going to give it ~10 minutes to see if it boots. At the very least, it looks like no hardbrick :)
    I will PayPal everyone in this thread $10 if the update gets released today.
    I don't think it's date based. It's either there or not there

Enter this code in dialer for an alternative software update menu that also has no resets

*#8736364#

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using XDA-Developers mobile app
    I think the update is out there now, as I got the attached result using the manual code (*#8736364#) to look for updates. But, I can't get it to download, and now it's saying "no updates."