Android 6.0 incoming?

Search This thread

jcagara08

Oct 15, 2011
maybe someone can port from the Nexus 5 Official Marshmallow images from google then since it's already out?
Can anyone or did anyone did this with the previous versions of android like lollipop or kitkat? (Nexus 5 Stock ROM port for LG G2)

Eminemiero

Oct 14, 2013
Montevideo
maybe someone can port from the Nexus 5 Official Marshmallow images from google then since it's already out?
Can anyone or did anyone did this with the previous versions of android like lollipop or kitkat? (Nexus 5 Stock ROM port for LG G2)
wait for cyanogenmod, camera will suck as it does today on cm / aosp roms

citytrader

Jan 19, 2012
Forget about Android M, looking in the Nexus 5 thread, it consumes more battery than KK and M is with the bugs Android ever have. Android is pure crap, I hope Windows 10 could give some fresh air in the mobile OS so I can change my G2 with its crap GPS.

Reactions: rancur3p1c

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
I wonder if it will be possible (in theory) for @Cloudyfa to backport MM to the G2, taking AOSP for G2 and integrating with something from MM from G3/G4.

I wouldnt count on it. IF we dont get an updated kernel then it will be very hard to packport any of the from other devices. Best to hope for is an AOSP based build.

citytrader

Jan 19, 2012
if you think Windows phones are better you got another coming buddy, its not (in most cases)

Seems that the WP is better than Android, but today any OS could be better than this crap of Android OS, full of bugs, is not possible that we are still on buggy 5.0.2 and in the case it will be possible, we will move to another OS (Android M) buggy like this one or even worse because from the battery point of view seems the same or worse than LP (take a look at the Nexus forum)... Google is doing the same Nokia did in their time with Symbian, using the customers as a testers.

Last edited:

citytrader

Jan 19, 2012
just for you to know, battery on LP is on par with JB (in our g2)

In my personal use I will disagree with you, JB has the best battery ever, if you are talking about battery/performance, that is another story, I use my G2 for working and most of the using is with data connection, office, dropbox, whatsapp, navigating pages, heavy use and not for gaming or watching videos and for my particular use LP is a worse than the older OS, but 30 min more and less of screen time is not the issue here, the point are the bugs that never ends in Android is like you buy a new car but the engine has a bug, it will shut down after xx miles to drive (In the future this is something that could be very possible), so they dont release the patch and you will ever has this issue, this is what is happening with the memory leakage in LP and nobody is doing nothing, instead of going all togheter to change.org and ask for a solution before release other crap.

rdlegy

Dec 3, 2013
Almost all other flagships got 5.1 so we have to get android M, but I doubt it happening. I always have faith, but I don't really think lg will do this. Their updates suck !!!

Envy-X

Feb 15, 2013
Forget about Android M, looking in the Nexus 5 thread, it consumes more battery than KK and M is with the bugs Android ever have. Android is pure crap, I hope Windows 10 could give some fresh air in the mobile OS so I can change my G2 with its crap GPS.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

nebula37

Jun 26, 2012
I got another confirmation from lg in a emal saying they are skipping lollipop and going straight MM. But basically with testing from google, lg and att they couldnt give out a date it will be released.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like the CyanogenMod maintainers are already doing some LG G2 related stuff for CyanogenMod 13.0 (based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow), see:

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/project:CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_g2-common

:good: :good: :good:

So, let's hope CyanogenMod 13.0 will soon be available for the LG G2.
    Actually, I do not think LG G2 would be getting any Marshmallow magic, sorry but that seems the truth.

The news about G2 running Marshmallow seems fake. What the best thing that can happen for us is that someone like cloudyfs can PORT G3 Marshmallow rom for us as he has done in the past. That could be awesome.

Plus we are already seeing, CM13 in the works for LG G2. So certainly we are getting AOSP and CM for this device.

Officially, 5.1.1 would be great if not 6.

Just my two cents
    Good joke cloudyfa only ports themes/features from newer other flex pro g3 g4 roms into current roms.

That aside then he does nothing i already pointed out on multiple occasions that 80% of his updates were kernel only or play store. Yet he requires you to redownload a 1.2gb+ rom when he could make a 50mb patch.

Gotta love that one time he updated cloudyflex and ALL his update contained was playstore and all the features dorimanx added to his kernel almost 2 months beforehand.

That aside cloudyfa would also require the 6.0 rom to be released for G2 because he he uses official rom as base.

Not like anyone has heard from him since july also.
    All of you, who want Marshmallow, tell me honestly, what do you expect from it? It is actually almost the same as Lollipop, only with some minor changes, so I don't think it will be much different from current 5.0.2, which is definetely not the best Android ever.
    Well, we will see how good MM will be on G4 next week if LG release it as they promised.

Performance. 5.0.2 has memory leaks and inconsistent performance, and 5.1.1 is much much snappier & quicker at opening apps. 5.0 to 5.1 is mostly performance improvements

5.0.2 ran slow even on my old Nexus 4.......later when i updated to 5.1.1 it was as fast as G2 on KK
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone