Android 6.0 incoming?

Search This thread

OT-Xtreme

Jul 14, 2015
I got another confirmation from lg in a emal saying they are skipping lollipop and going straight MM. But basically with testing from google, lg and att they couldnt give out a date it will be released.
post a screenshot and continue the discussion with them, we all wanna see

errikosd

Mar 24, 2014
For what it's worth, after contacting LG Greece, about Marshmallow, this is what I got:

"Unfortunately, there is currently no scheduled Android upgrade for the LG G2 and we cannot make any prediction on whether there will be one".

The communication is in Greek and I can upload screenshots for anyone who wants to make sure that the above statement is real.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sachilleas

sachilleas

Aug 1, 2008
Thank you errikos. Unfortunately, they actually said nothing, apart from the fact that they are worthless. We make predictions. They are the official LG representatives and we, as customers, expect from them to inform us.

OT-Xtreme

Jul 14, 2015
like always left hand dont no what right is doing.. yesterday we seen email from other member hinting they do work on Marshmallow and now this. not surprising

JasonTo

Dec 10, 2013
Not wanting to complicate things further but I emailed LG UK and got the following response:

Thank you for your query regarding your G2,

I have had a look into this for yourself and I would be more than happy to help yourself. You should be able to get the Android 5.1.1 by downloading the mobile support tool of our website and completing the update over your PC. As for the android marshmellow we do not currently have a release date for this.

Should you need any more assistance, you can reply to this email by clicking the additional questions link above the survey.

I hope my email has answered your query and assisted you today; I would really appreciate your feedback. Please help us to improve our customer service by completing the short survey at the bottom of this email.
Thank you in advance.

Kind regards
Lauren
LG Electronics UK Help desk

(and yes they did spell marshmallow wrong :silly:)
Its clear they don't have a clue about the situation

OT-Xtreme

Jul 14, 2015
Not wanting to complicate things further but I emailed LG UK and got the following response:

Thank you for your query regarding your G2,

I have had a look into this for yourself and I would be more than happy to help yourself. You should be able to get the Android 5.1.1 by downloading the mobile support tool of our website and completing the update over your PC. As for the android marshmellow we do not currently have a release date for this.

Should you need any more assistance, you can reply to this email by clicking the additional questions link above the survey.

I hope my email has answered your query and assisted you today; I would really appreciate your feedback. Please help us to improve our customer service by completing the short survey at the bottom of this email.
Thank you in advance.

Kind regards
Lauren
LG Electronics UK Help desk

(and yes they did spell marshmallow wrong :silly:)
Its clear they don't have a clue about the situation
what variant do have you ask them about? since they say 5.1.1 is available in pc suite..

Mashed_Potatoes

Oct 26, 2012
I hate customer support, they are completely useless. You are all wasting time mailing them, neither LG UK or Greece, Italy or anyone else have contact with HQ in Korea where SW Updates are coordinated & planned (presumably)

5.1.1??? On what planet is she living?????????

My advice is just keep calm and carry on, if they release 6.0 or 5.1.1 we will find out in less than 24 hours.

Reactions: rancur3p1c

OT-Xtreme

Jul 14, 2015
well if we keep calm and dont ask them and nag them maybe they won't release stuff. company's needs to see that there is high demand for updates - and there is big time!

Last edited:

cristiangrts

Oct 7, 2015
I hate customer support, they are completely useless. You are all wasting time mailing them, neither LG UK or Greece, Italy or anyone else have contact with HQ in Korea where SW Updates are coordinated & planned (presumably)

5.1.1??? On what planet is she living?????????

My advice is just keep calm and carry on, if they release 6.0 or 5.1.1 we will find out in less than 24 hours.

Why do you think we will know in less than 24 hours?

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
Because someone will find out, be it through LG Update software, OTA or internet post? When 6.0 factory images came out for Nexus 5 ppl found out in 2 hours.....
That is very different. Each device gets a different image which is sent to carriers. Then carriers release it.

Google also makes it a point to announce that new build are uploaded by email to people the are part of the Google group.

Mashed_Potatoes

Oct 26, 2012
That is very different. Each device gets a different image which is sent to carriers. Then carriers release it.

Google also makes it a point to announce that new build are uploaded by email to people the are part of the Google group.

Enough with this smartasses....when 5.0.2 came out for G2 took me a day to find out.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
Enough with this smartasses....when 5.0.2 came out for G2 took me a day to find out.

Unless you want to find your way on to a ban then I would watch what you say.

Yeah it was blasted all over the place. Even a blind man could have found it.

The chances of the G2 getting 6.0 are about 5% if that. Although AOSP will most likely have it long before LG releases it if they ever do. Just the way it goes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like the CyanogenMod maintainers are already doing some LG G2 related stuff for CyanogenMod 13.0 (based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow), see:

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/project:CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_g2-common

:good: :good: :good:

So, let's hope CyanogenMod 13.0 will soon be available for the LG G2.
    Actually, I do not think LG G2 would be getting any Marshmallow magic, sorry but that seems the truth.

The news about G2 running Marshmallow seems fake. What the best thing that can happen for us is that someone like cloudyfs can PORT G3 Marshmallow rom for us as he has done in the past. That could be awesome.

Plus we are already seeing, CM13 in the works for LG G2. So certainly we are getting AOSP and CM for this device.

Officially, 5.1.1 would be great if not 6.

Just my two cents
    Good joke cloudyfa only ports themes/features from newer other flex pro g3 g4 roms into current roms.

That aside then he does nothing i already pointed out on multiple occasions that 80% of his updates were kernel only or play store. Yet he requires you to redownload a 1.2gb+ rom when he could make a 50mb patch.

Gotta love that one time he updated cloudyflex and ALL his update contained was playstore and all the features dorimanx added to his kernel almost 2 months beforehand.

That aside cloudyfa would also require the 6.0 rom to be released for G2 because he he uses official rom as base.

Not like anyone has heard from him since july also.
    All of you, who want Marshmallow, tell me honestly, what do you expect from it? It is actually almost the same as Lollipop, only with some minor changes, so I don't think it will be much different from current 5.0.2, which is definetely not the best Android ever.
    Well, we will see how good MM will be on G4 next week if LG release it as they promised.

Performance. 5.0.2 has memory leaks and inconsistent performance, and 5.1.1 is much much snappier & quicker at opening apps. 5.0 to 5.1 is mostly performance improvements

5.0.2 ran slow even on my old Nexus 4.......later when i updated to 5.1.1 it was as fast as G2 on KK
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone