Android 7.1 Developer Preview

Search This thread

FrankyDoodle

Apr 27, 2012
I am not having those issues. Could Google play services or your root Explorer be having issues? I also disabled signature checks in the services.jar. I can share that with you if you want to try it.
Could you pass me that services.jar? I am having some troubles doing it myself.

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
I am not having those issues. Could Google play services or your root Explorer be having issues? I also disabled signature checks in the services.jar. I can share that with you if you want to try it.

I don't want to change too much of the system stuff just so I can go back to stock and take the next OTA easily. But I don't think I should have to do that just to install an APK. I haven't had those issues before. The only thing I have done really is flash the Google Assistant stuff which makes my phone think it's a Pixel now. But that didn't affect this before the dev preview. I tried installing apks through Solid Explorer. I also tried it by just tapping on the notification after downloading it. And even through Downloads app. Whatever way I try, I get the same issue. I read people saying to change the permissions in Package Installer but that's greyed out for me.

Last edited:

ashokabs

Mar 9, 2011
New Delhi
OK Google works without having to shout. Use very normal natural voice. If not working you might like to sideload the preview again and install.

Here's my first impressions:
- System is a lot smoother than 7.0
- Battery life looks the same, no more than 2 hours for me (I live in a place where signal is very weak, I think it is normal)
- New icon for not-working data, on 7.0 there was a ! near the signal bar, now there's a little cross. Very beautiful.
- "Ok Google" doesn't work, you have literally to shout in the microphone if you want to use Google Now
- Night mode disappeared with the update and it seems you can't enable it anymore (I mean with Night Mode Enabler from the PlayStore)

joakimbo

Feb 18, 2015
I must say.. Battery life is much better in this preview than in 7.0. But the performance is a bit worse for many. Animations stutters more.. Any idea how to improve this?

RonnellTapawan

Dec 30, 2013
Hi, i do not know if you made it, but can i ask for a source?

I want to further modify the kernel but still want to keep this patch!

i was the one who modified it but im not a developer, just followed a guide to do it :) sadly, kernel sources are not out yet, as of now, that is why developers still cannot release a 7.1 custom kernel.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone