Android 8.0 for V30+

Search This thread

starrynighthn

Mar 16, 2010
Today I got new software update for Korea V30+. Awesome!

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-12-26-08-16-21.jpg
    Capture+_2017-12-26-08-16-21.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 4,764

monkeydrufy

Jun 12, 2010
Sorry guys,
but to get this update, should I be in a Korean network?
because my H930DS come from korea, but I'm in europe.
does the update check the ip address?

Thanks

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Ulricehamn
I just got it. Installing it as we speak.
But I've read on other forum that it's not treble enabled.

Sent from my LGM-V300S using Tapatalk

starrynighthn

Mar 16, 2010
I don't know why, but not all V30 models got the update. Some devices got notification then fail to install after 2 hours of downloading. Devices with beta program are easily to get update. But others have some problems. Still waiting for V300K, H930DS,...

tesifon

Dec 4, 2017
What model do you have?
Thank you...
LGM-V300K

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Can anyone confirm if this version has treble?
No, It has not treble. I've already checked it trough Termux and says false

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

I don't know why, but not all V30 models got the update. Some devices got notification then fail to install after 2 hours of downloading. Devices with beta program are easily to get update. But others have some problems. Still waiting for V300K, H930DS,...
I was not in the beta program. I just got up and the new firmware was ready to install. Aprx 1450Mb. The upgrade took about 5 minutes

starrynighthn

Mar 16, 2010
LGM-V300K

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

No, It has not treble. I've already checked it trough Termux and says false

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

I was not in the beta program. I just got up and the new firmware was ready to install. Aprx 1450Mb. The upgrade took about 5 minutes
I know that. Some users succeed, some fail. Now many users with V300K model can not get update. Still don't know why.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I got new software update for Korea V30+. Awesome!
    it is not branded, and i don't know if it were eligible for the beta program

I just bought it on wonda mobile, and i know that the h930ds is a korean version since it is not available in the rest of the world
    H930DS is everything but not for korean market. It's aavailable in HGK, Singapore, Taiwan etc. It just made in Korea.
    Korean versions have a model number LG-V300 S/K/L.
    Yo
    The devices that ship with oreo MUST HAVE treble support, the devices that get updated to oreo have optional treble support (up to the manufacturer to implement it, or not). I think there were a few Huawei/Honor and the Essential phone that got treble support with an update. Samsung on the S8 also didnt include it i think.
    Right and since LG is having a hard enough time just pushing out an OS update for this phone, they're sure not going to add something like Treble.

In their mind, adding Treble would just add testing headaches (and cost them more money). And actually it would delay Oreo even more.

Yes, it would be great but it's just not realistic for LG to to do it.

____

I'm curious whether they add it to the V30S. They're trying to sell that phone as a "new release" to tech media and the public (and it has Oreo) -- but if they don't add Treble then they're admitting it's NOT. ;)

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+
    Does this mean we can flash H930 oreo twrp in the H930ds running with H930 firmware?

Not unless your bootloader can be unlocked in the LG Developer Bootloader Unlock list. This won't magically give your TWRP and root, just Oreo.

You can flash H939 Oreo KDZ into H939DS and it will work fine. I don't know any other way to say it. Go read the threads. Ask questions of the people who have done it.

Read post #13 and #30 of that thread.

Also read this post:

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=76268254

Sent via open market LG US998 V30/V30+