Android 8.0 on the SM-T285

Search This thread

addxm

Mar 18, 2019
nothing doing. these tabs can be picked up now for £50. Not enough people care about an old 7' tab, least of all samsung. May even have to upgrade to a Real phone myself lol.

As many of you heard, android 8 has now been officially released. I will be working to get an AOSP version working on the 7" LTE tablet, I have heard that there may be significant HAL changes so it may take some time. I have just released the august update for the SM-T285, I've been also working to get a stable repo out for this device in the last couple of weeks. Anyway wish me luck.

Update 08/24/2017 - I was able to download the 8.0.0_r4 aosp sources and got it to compile the modified device tree. There seems to be significant changes with some HAL libraries, vendor specific libs are now moved to its own place in the system image. Will now proceed to actual testing and porting.

Hey Mate... I'm not trying to be rude or anything but will the T285 get OREO? PIE have been launched and its mid 2019:D:D

AMD 2007

Jul 14, 2020
Bro when will we get the 8.0 oreo rom, I have already installed the 7.0 nougat lineage OS rom made for the sm t285 and I am eagerly waiting for the 8.0 oreo rom to flash

soaib333

Nov 12, 2018
Delhi
Any one have a param.tar file for sm-t285?? For flashing. Or you know how to extract param.tar file from another sm-t285??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As many of you heard, android 8 has now been officially released. I will be working to get an AOSP version working on the 7" LTE tablet, I have heard that there may be significant HAL changes so it may take some time. I have just released the august update for the SM-T285, I've been also working to get a stable repo out for this device in the last couple of weeks. Anyway wish me luck.

Update 08/24/2017 - I was able to download the 8.0.0_r4 aosp sources and got it to compile the modified device tree. There seems to be significant changes with some HAL libraries, vendor specific libs are now moved to its own place in the system image. Will now proceed to actual testing and porting.
    Where's the download link of oreo rom?? or when are we getting??

my oreo build isn't usable at the moment, wifi doesn't work and you can't turn the screen back on after turning it off. Trying to figure out if this is a LineageOS issue or a hardware issue takes too much time, I'm waiting for the first official builds of Lineage OS to start rolling out before I spend more time on this.
    Great! Is there ANY chance you wil make an extra effort to release this for the SM-T280 also?
    AFAIK the only difderence is LTE versus WiFi only [emoji4] ?

I won't be directly developing for the T280 sadly. There may be subtle differences at the kernel level and some components (e.g. GPS, touchscreen) which prevents ROMs for the T285 from working with the T280. However my work with the T285 should greatly speedup development for the T280 once the first custom ROMs arrive.
    Heyyy, give the download link fast. ASAP. waiting for that oreo rom to be iin my sm-t285. When is it coming??
    andd please make sure that it doesn't bring any camera error problem or cellular data problem.
    THANK YOU

So rude .... exactly the kind of behavior that makes us stop sharing the development.

REMEMBER: We spend a LOT OF TIME on doing these roms improving your experience. This is amateur job, so YES THERE WILL BE BUGS, if you don't want them stay on your factory OS. Don't give pressure, we do it on our free time and we are KIND ENOUGH sharing it with you .... Finally, if you are unhappy with these terms ... fine! we ll just stop sharing these ROMS.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I'd update to android 7. Its a great update for my Tab A. Samsung removed a lot of bloat in this update and it runs great.

I would agree, but 7 is not "officially available" for T285.
    Probably you mean lineage 14.1 running 7.1 but as far as I know this is no bug free and there are serious issues with the camera.
    However I would still recommend the flash.

Regards

Ben
    I remember some people tried on my CM/Lineage/Omni based roms on their T280 and it failed to boot, though I can't tell the method they used to flash those ROMs so it is possible that their methods are incorrect. As for stock ROMs this is new information for me if that is the case. I am unable to verify these as I don't have a T280, though if there is a dev who would like to try if would be nice.

:good: so when are we getting the new Oreo ? :fingers-crossed:
    hopefully you get the camera working this time round ? :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::cool: