Lineage 15.1 (highly likely)
Nitrogen Os (by me and @ReversedPosix)

Bugs fixed in oreo generally:
Sound
Rild
Sim card ---->
Fixed By @Quarx2k (Telegram)
Bluetooth ---->

Thanks to these people this is possible @Olivier @ReversedPosix @EnesSastim @Myself5,

XDA:DevDB Information
Test developming, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z5

Contributors
Quantumkk123, QuantumKK123, Zacharias.Maladroit, olivier
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: Aosp

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2018-05-05

Created 2018-05-10
Last Updated 2018-08-04

Last edited:

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
@balrajs99 to be honest Bro thank @zacharias.maladroit for telling me the similarities that Xperia x and z5 had in common however I figured out Machao_44 makes his rom differently to the newer ones (easier to modify) the only difference between this rom and the Xperia x is meta inf replaced with z5 along with ftf and build.prop see I tried the exact same thing with z3 + and successfully ported the z5 rom to it by changing the same things. However we don't know yet if zacharias.maladroit kernel can make rom boot or infinite boot loop we don't know but yeah that's everything and your most welcome :) I want this rom as much as you guys do.

balrajs99

Apr 1, 2014
Aarhus
@balrajs99 to be honest Bro thank @zacharias.maladroit for telling me the similarities that Xperia x and z5 had in common however I figured out Machao_44 makes his rom differently to the newer ones (easier to modify) the only difference between this rom and the Xperia x is meta inf replaced with z5 along with ftf and build.prop see I tried the exact same thing with z3 + and successfully ported the z5 rom to it by changing the same things. However we don't know yet if zacharias.maladroit kernel can make rom boot or infinite boot loop we don't know but yeah that's everything and your most welcome :) I want this rom as much as you guys do.

Ok, I got it! :cowboy:

zacharias.maladroit

Recognized Developer

At first glance this definitely looks nicer, the issue might be in the details though :silly:

Thanks

Reactions: balrajs99

zacharias.maladroit

Recognized Developer
So @zacharias.maladroit whats happening how much of this rom needs to edited to fully work and how is the kernel doing?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76479481&postcount=30

&

CONFIG_BT_MSM_SLEEP -> bluetooth driver differences
CONFIG_MSM_DCC => ?
CONFIG_QNS_SYSTEM=y
CONFIG_QUOTA=y
CONFIG_QUOTACTL=y
CONFIG_SDCARD_FS=y
CONFIG_SPLIT_PTLOCK_CPUS=999999
CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK_BITE_ON_BUG=y
# CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK_PANIC_ON_BUG is not set
CONFIG_MSM_RTB_SEPARATE_CPUS=y
CONFIG_PROC_PID_CPUSET=y
# CONFIG_QFMT_V1 is not set
CONFIG_QFMT_V2=y (quotas)
CONFIG_QUOTA_NETLINK_INTERFACE=y
CONFIG_QUOTA_TREE=y
CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_BOOTPARAM_VALUE=1
CONFIG_SERIAL_CORE_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_MSM_HSL_CONSOLE=y

ours:
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL=y
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_CSVT=y
theirs:
# CONFIG_USB_SERIAL is not set

--- /dev/null
+++ b/arch/arm64/configs/diffconfig/suzu_diffconfig
@@ -0,0 +1,7 @@
+CONFIG_MACH_SONY_SUZU=y
+CONFIG_NFC_PN547=y
+CONFIG_QPNP_SMBCHARGER_ID_POLL=y
+CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_CLEARPAD=y
+CONFIG_USB_MIRRORLINK=y
+CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_CLEARPAD_I2C=y
+CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_CLEARPAD_RMI_DEV=y

--- a/arch/arm64/configs/msm8994-perf_defconfig
+++ b/arch/arm64/configs/msm8994-perf_defconfig
@@ -243,13 +243,14 @@ CONFIG_PPPOPNS=y
CONFIG_PPP_ASYNC=y
CONFIG_PPP_SYNC_TTY=y
CONFIG_USB_USBNET=y
-CONFIG_CNSS=y
CONFIG_WCNSS_MEM_PRE_ALLOC=y
-CONFIG_CNSS_MAC_BUG=y
-CONFIG_CLD_LL_CORE=y
CONFIG_ATH_CARDS=y
CONFIG_WIL6210=m
CONFIG_E1000E=y
+CONFIG_CNSS_PCI=y
+CONFIG_CNSS_MAC_BUG=y
+CONFIG_CLD_LL_CORE=y
+CONFIG_BUS_AUTO_SUSPEND=y
CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_EVBUG=m
CONFIG_KEYBOARD_GPIO=y

diff --git a/arch/arm64/configs/msm-perf_defconfig b/arch/arm64/configs/msm-perf_defconfig
index bfe14733b104..12a8d65cf3cd 100644
--- a/arch/arm64/configs/msm-perf_defconfig
+++ b/arch/arm64/configs/msm-perf_defconfig
@@ -220,7 +220,6 @@ CONFIG_BT_BNEP_PROTO_FILTER=y
CONFIG_BT_HIDP=y
CONFIG_MSM_BT_POWER=y
CONFIG_CFG80211=y
-CONFIG_NL80211_TESTMODE=y
CONFIG_CFG80211_INTERNAL_REGDB=y
CONFIG_RFKILL=y
# CONFIG_NFC_QNCI=y
@@ -270,9 +269,11 @@ CONFIG_PPPOPNS=y
CONFIG_PPP_ASYNC=y
CONFIG_PPP_SYNC_TTY=y
CONFIG_WCNSS_CORE=y
+CONFIG_CNSS_SDIO=y
CONFIG_WCNSS_CORE_PRONTO=y
CONFIG_WCNSS_MEM_PRE_ALLOC=y
CONFIG_WCNSS_REGISTER_DUMP_ON_BITE=y
+CONFIG_CLD_HL_SDIO_CORE=y
CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_EVBUG=m
CONFIG_KEYBOARD_GPIO=y
@@ -288,8 +289,6 @@ CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_SYNAPTICS_I2C_RMI4=y
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_SYNAPTICS_DSX_RMI4_DEV=y
CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_SYNAPTICS_DSX_FW_UPDATE=y
CONFIG_SECURE_TOUCH=y
-CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_BU21150=y
-CONFIG_INPUT_MT_WRAPPER=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MISC=y
CONFIG_INPUT_HBTP_INPUT=y
CONFIG_SENSORS_MPU6050=y
@@ -305,6 +304,7 @@ CONFIG_SENSORS_ISL29044A=y
CONFIG_SENSORS_CAPELLA_CM36283=y
# CONFIG_SERIO_I8042 is not set
# CONFIG_VT is not set
+CONFIG_SERIAL_MSM_HS=y
CONFIG_SERIAL_MSM_SMD=y
CONFIG_DIAG_CHAR=y
CONFIG_HW_RANDOM=y
@@ -611,3 +611,4 @@ CONFIG_SPDM_SCM=y
CONFIG_SECCOMP=y
CONFIG_BUILD_ARM64_APPENDED_DTB_IMAGE=y
CONFIG_UID_CPUTIME=y
+CONFIG_WLAN_FEATURE_RX_WAKELOCK=y

CONFIG_WLAN_FEATURE_RX_WAKELOCK=y

that'll get you an idea:

kernel-side:

bluetooth might be a problem, we need sdcardfs, our SoC/processor might lack certain parts that are necessary for functions of the ROM (DCC "MSM data capture and compare engine" and others),

binder needs updating,

display driver (?),

matching gpu driver (kernel-side) & adreno blobs (ROM-side)

we might need different kernel modules built for the ROM & subsystems might require rework (see attached list of kernel modules)

ROM-side:

modem needs to be replaced (M-ROM 2.4.8 by nreuge has those files in system/etc/customization/modem ),

ril / qcril might need work

wlan (system/firmware/wlan/bcmdhd) firmware might need to be replaced with ours

system/etc/wifi/wifi_txpower.conf might need modification

system/compatibility_matrix.xml might need changes

where is system/etc/mixer_paths.xml ? => system/vendor/etc/

system/vendor/lib{64}/{egl} adreno related libs need to be checked out - the driver most probably won't work with kernel-side

fingerprint & nfc libraries need to be evaluated [later]

msm_irqbalance, thermal, etc. all crucial subsystems and configurations need to be double and triple-checked before even attempting to put it on the device.

[I got a terrifying moment today while modifying MHL driver and got strange noises out of the phone & speaker - better safe than sorry]

That's only a first (and most likely incomplete) pass through the ROM files

Attachments

• modules_suzu_oreo.png
    modules_suzu_oreo.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,092
Last edited:

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
So @zacharias.maladroit I am guessing their is a lot of work to be done well just asking how long will this take is it possible you are able to do all these modification yourself or do you need help from other devs? If you are able how long will It take I can also help out but not today or tomorrow busy with exams lol

Reactions: TheVan28

zacharias.maladroit

Recognized Developer
So @zacharias.maladroit I am guessing their is a lot of work to be done well just asking how long will this take is it possible you are able to do all these modification yourself or do you need help from other devs? If you are able how long will It take I can also help out but not today or tomorrow busy with exams lol

No ETA, I'll defer work since I need to focus on personal affairs right now, I can do some random kernel development (or rather: have to since this gives me my occasional "fix") but that's about it ... at least for now

I've pointed out the important points that need work but won't be able to do anything right now since other things need my full attention at the moment

edit:

to answer you question:

yes, help definitely would be appreciated and is required,

I won't do this on my own - since the M-ROM 2.4.8 variant for now is enough that I ask for, I'm mostly focusing on kernel work to get an optimum of performance, stability, security vs. battery runtime,

perhaps @GreyLeshy and additional folks/devs/users like @trax7 have interest in taking a look at this ...

Last edited:

QuantumShqipe

Recognized Developer
Nov 2, 2017
London
Great so to all devs out there who own Z5 of course please contribute and help make the first oreo Rom I will make.sure you get pointed out credits if you help Bro @enesstastim and others as well

Last edited:

zacharias.maladroit

Recognized Developer
Great so to all devs out there who own Z5 of course please contribute and help make the first oreo Rom I will make.sure you get pointed out credits if you help Bro @enesstastim and others as well

We also need to document each and every step and what modifications are necessary so that others can easily reproduce

First and foremost:

what ROM base did you use ?

(MaChao_44) Xperia XP V1.1.5(Android O).zip ¹

or

(MaChao_44) Xperia XP V1.4(Android O).zip ²

?

(I'm guessing the first one but not sure)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=76476528&postcount=25 ¹, ²

thanks to @turnout96 for helping out with the download & upload

danielschauer99

Nov 23, 2014
Would it be possible to use some of the drivers (gpu for example) from roms of other devices?
The OnePlus 2 has the same Snapdragon 810 SoC and there are some Oreo roms available already.
Maybe merging parts of the X and OP2 rom could help?
I dont have any experience modifiying aosp, so if Im worng, just ignore my thoughts.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Progress is being made many of the bugs are beginning to get fixed

Oreo roms that maybe created:
    Lineage 15.1 (highly likely)
    Nitrogen Os (by me and @ReversedPosix)

Bugs fixed in oreo generally:
    Sound
    Rild
    Sim card ---->
    Fixed By @Quarx2k (Telegram)
    Bluetooth ---->

Thanks to these people this is possible @Olivier @ReversedPosix @EnesSastim @Myself5,

XDA:DevDB Information
    Test developming, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z5

Contributors
    Quantumkk123, QuantumKK123, Zacharias.Maladroit, olivier
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: Aosp

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2018-05-05

Created 2018-05-10
    Last Updated 2018-08-04
    great news guys simcard and bluetooth have been fixed thanks to the amazing dev @Quarx2k (telegram) has been a massive help to the upbringing of oreo please donate to him and show him your appreciation he has worked super hard for this and did not have to he fixed two different bugs in two days which 4 different devs couldnt do in 3 months ahaha
    Considering the video of the rom in question is cropped into a photo I doubt it's real.

I'm going to download the zip and see whats inside to see if it's even worth testing.

EDIT: As far as I can see there isn't any rom within the folder.
    That said the folder was made by one of the Devs that are running the Oreo bringup so it might just be a placeholder until the devs want to release it to the public.

Basically what happened is several websites were releasing lineage 15.1 for the z5 now they had no permission from the Devs so I wrote to each publisher or anyone trying to get others to download it and told them this ROM is still not stable enough to use and to be truthful is the truth, because what's a Rom without a sim card recognition? But not to worry more development will be proceeding soon maybe like summer time term where all the Devs are not busy with other stuff now I think it's been put to a halt however my brother will help the other Devs so we can fix all the bugs like camera bluetooth SIM card and of course the stability don't bother trying to get the ROM now but it's in development. I have been testing the ROM it still has issues needing to be fixed so just be paitent guys and we will have Oreo just please don't think it's abandoned Oreo is NOT ABANDONED AND IN DEVELOPEMENT that's all I can say guys
    @saiz136 no problem glad we can help but you wont see this rom come out any time soon unless we have devs help us and we do but they cannot be bothered only @zacharias.maladroit can ....and i will keep mentioning this developers name because you know what he is probably the only one who genuinely still cares about the device and cares about the xda community thats why we should thank him for everything really because without him we wont have the wonderful kernels to make magisk work or the resurrection remix rom which plenty of time has been gone into so thank you @zacharias.maladroit for all the hard work please keep it up i am sure the oreo will be complete one day
    @Quantumkk123

you already got the ROM hooked up ?

please upload somewhere & write me a PM so I can take a look at it,

currently busy so kernel has to wait
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone