Android 8.1 to 9

Search This thread

gregoryh325

Apr 5, 2022
I have a Samsung J2 SM-S260DL still stuck on Android 8.1. Some of the apps I use are now only compatible with Android 9 +. Does Samsung automatically update the phone's Android ---because I contacted Tracfone and they told me it's up to the phone manufacturer. I tried the phone's software update, but don't get the 9 update.

I have a Samsung J2 SM-S260DL still stuck on Android 8.1. Some of the apps I use are now only compatible with Android 9 +. Does Samsung automatically update the phone's Android ---because I contacted Tracfone and they told me it's up to the phone manufacturer. I tried the phone's software update, but don't get the 9 update.
What firmware version is currently on your device? You will find the info in the settings about the phone.

gregoryh325

Apr 5, 2022
I don't think Samsung after 4 years of releasing this phone has the motivation to improve Android 8.1 Oreo (Go edition) to version 9. Enjoy what you have.

p.s.
What compels you to look for android 9?
B/c a few of the apps I use are now only compatible with android 9+. I've only had the phone a couple of years--I got it from QVC. They tend to sell phones already released for cheap. I got the Samsung J2, 1500 data, 1500 texts, 1500 minutes with 1 year of service for 59.99 --on 6 payments of like 10 bucks. Phone works great. Is in excellent condition---but just need Android 9 b/c some of the app updates need newer versions of android