• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Android 9.0 Pie patched boot.img

Search This thread

emoklaga113

Mar 31, 2018
Flash stock boot again and try flashing twrp once more if still wifi error then you need to try other boot img with twrp which you can grab from https://bit.ly/nokia-nb1

i flash the twrp to it , make the phone rooted , and now it appear the phone freeze and keep restart =.= so i downgrade to 8.1 and now i stuck at nokia logo ... ( last time was still succeed) :(:(:(:(:(:(
and i updated the phone to pie again by adb sideload .... woola , the phone up again and no data was eraser . hmmm weird , trying to flash twrp again
updated : the phone rooted , still no wifi , and now i can't access the setting anymore @@

Last edited:

THMSP

Jul 19, 2018
Europe
tmsp.io
i flash the twrp to it , make the phone rooted , and now it appear the phone freeze and keep restart =.= so i downgrade to 8.1 and now i stuck at nokia logo ... ( last time was still succeed) :(:(:(:(:(:(
and i updated the phone to pie again by adb sideload .... woola , the phone up again and no data was eraser . hmmm weird , trying to flash twrp again
updated : the phone rooted , still no wifi , and now i can't access the setting anymore @@
You have to download and flash the image that matches your firmware and security patch version.

An image that has 488<some character> in it's name is from Oreo (488k is Oreo November patch for example).
An image that has 511<some character> in it's name is from Pie (511A would be Pie January patch).

I have no prepatched / stock images for Oreo after November Patch since thats when I updated to Pie. If you are on those builds, and you have enough experience and want to patch those images yourself, there is a tutorial on how to do it
in the Tutorials folder on the link @sumitinhome posted (Disclaimer: The linked folder is mine)

Reactions: emoklaga113

MDV106

Jan 4, 2019
ahhh turn out that i used the fastboot boot command , now i use fastboot flash the img file , and it worked thanksssssssssssss , but broke my wifi =.=
This boot img is only meant for people with december update of android pie. For me the wifi shows the "x" sign but still works nonetheless. Just downgrade to the december security update and try again

Reactions: emoklaga113

emoklaga113

Mar 31, 2018
You have to download and flash the image that matches your firmware and security patch version.

An image that has 488<some character> in it's name is from Oreo (488k is Oreo November patch for example).
An image that has 511<some character> in it's name is from Pie (511A would be Pie January patch).

I have no prepatched / stock images for Oreo after November Patch since thats when I updated to Pie. If you are on those builds, and you have enough experience and want to patch those images yourself, there is a tutorial on how to do it
in the Tutorials folder on the link @sumitinhome posted (Disclaimer: The linked folder is mine)
now i understand, but i just downgrade to 8.1 and gain root ,:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed: ,now waiting for stable pie =))) sick of the heating and weird issue when the battery is low to 10% all of my 7 core cpu turned off left only 1 to function ( my device became extremely lag and can't use until i charge pass the 10% ) =.= thanks for the tip i will try to learn how to patch the boot myself and share my work to xda forum =))) , thank you for sharing the tutorials :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This boot img is only meant for people with december update of android pie. For me the wifi shows the "x" sign but still works nonetheless. Just downgrade to the december security update and try again
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh , now i understand , so when i updated to jan sercurity update i can't use that prepatched , with me the issue is i can't turn on the wifi ( turn it on , it turn off very fast =.= ) , now i downgarde to 8.1 , gain root and feel good with it =)))

Last edited:

Bartx1996

Jul 9, 2018
not working magisk twrp

Hi i have a problem I update my phone to 9.0 pie with NOST and when i try use fastboot my phone rebooting but dont have magisk twrp isnt prerooted

sumitinhome

Jul 1, 2014
Hi i have a problem I update my phone to 9.0 pie with NOST and when i try use fastboot my phone rebooting but dont have magisk twrp isnt prerooted

you should check which partition you are booting into by using 'fastboot getvar current-slot'.
If its A then flash patched boot img in A partition by 'fastboot flash boot_a boot.img'
If its B then 'fastboot flash boot_b boot.img'

Also make sure boot img is matching with firmware version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bartx1996

Bartx1996

Jul 9, 2018
you should check which partition you are booting into by using 'fastboot getvar current-slot'.
If its A then flash patched boot img in A partition by 'fastboot flash boot_a boot.img'
If its B then 'fastboot flash boot_b boot.img'

Also make sure boot img is matching with firmware version.
What is it partion A or B on oreo i only use fastboot boot twrp and phone reboot to twrp.
How to turn on twrp on phone with combo kays without adb?
When I use fastboot boot phone restarting and freeze on powered by android when i make reset phone start normal but don't have twrp magisk

Last edited:

sumitinhome

Jul 1, 2014
What is it partion A or B on oreo i only use fastboot boot twrp and phone reboot to twrp.
How to turn on twrp on phone with combo kays without adb?
When I use fastboot boot phone restarting and freeze on powered by android when i make reset phone start normal but don't have twrp magisk

Fastboot boot command does not work anymore..

follow the commands i told you above. The only way to get twrp is "fastboot flash" now.

sumitinhome

Jul 1, 2014
you used the exact same command you mentioned above?? if yes then that's a wrong command.

You need to use either "fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img" if the active partition is A.

or

"fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img" if active partition is B.

To know about your active partition use the command "fastboot getvar current-slot"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can simply flash those from fastboot with :
    fastboot flash boot "NB-01-551-b05-Magisk-TWRP"

The image is pre-patched with Magisk 17.3 and TWRP 3.2.3.0

Download
    =((( stuck at powered by android , pls help , nokia 8 ta1004 pie beta with jan update

Flash the stock boot image again.
    ahhh turn out that i used the fastboot boot command , now i use fastboot flash the img file , and it worked thanksssssssssssss , but broke my wifi =.=

Flash stock boot again and try flashing twrp once more if still wifi error then you need to try other boot img with twrp which you can grab from https://bit.ly/nokia-nb1