• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android 9 : Apps crash when screenlock verification ...

Search This thread

xdatfd2

Oct 13, 2021
Hello folks,

Happy Sony user since stone age :), I have a strange issue with my xperia XA2
Smartphone (powered by oficial Sony Android 9 ROM) :
When an app is requesting for screen lock verification (eg for Ms Authenticator, Volvo app, ...), the app restarts
or loops at security prompt, whatever I provide correct PIN or Biometric.

I already gave a try to unset screen lock and reconfigure biometric without success.
Turning off screen lock, prob is gone but phone is unsecured, being not possible.
For the rest, the phone works perfectly, great battey, no issue.

That makes me crazy, not being able to fix that small issue.

any idea what can be broken ? Any tips ?

Thanks
Cheers from Belgium
Th

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Do you really need a screen lock?
It's more likely to lock you out rather than a stranger.
Sometimes through no fault of your own as with a hardware issue or data corruption.
If no lock is set, no problem. I lost access to a laptop bios like that. Even after 5 years I remember the simple password I set... useless.

The only real security is physically possession. Anyone that wants my phone will pay a steep price... it stays with me, always.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Yes, need phone to be locked... And with eID, banking and MFA apps, having your unlocked phone lost/stolen/... is very dangerous !

Thanks anyway !

TH

Bank accounts are insured at least in the US.
Trying to steal my phone is extremely dangerous... no free rides🤣

You need to weigh usability verses risks.
You also should consider what will happen if you lose access to the phone especially at a bad moment. At the very least it will cost you time and loss of use.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, need phone to be locked... And with eID, banking and MFA apps, having your unlocked phone lost/stolen/... is very dangerous !

Thanks anyway !

TH