Android 9 Pie and ANT+ support???

Search This thread

HTCJohan

Sep 1, 2010
Just got my Android 9 update on Nokia 6.1 (TA-1043) and ANT+ support does not seem to work anymore.
Previously with Android 8.x and with ANT Radio Services and ANT+ Plugins Services
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.service.socket
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus
installed ANT+ support was working fine. Using this daily with Garmin HeartRate, cadence monitors and Wahoo Kickr indoor trainer.

Can anybody confirm or even suggest a fix. Tried usual reboots, uninstall, re-install,.... no joy.

Any instructions on how to roll back to Android 8?

Cheers,

Johan

HTCJohan

Sep 1, 2010
ANT Checker App shows following results;

XvOJmQA.png

Build-in firmware: No
ANT HAL: Not found
ANT HAL service: Not found

Is this an indication that the new radio firmware that has been most likely installed with the Android 9 update did not include firmware support for ANT?

I'm lost here. The Phone did support ANT before Android 9 update.
Any suggestions how to get this sorted out?

axel_johnson

Dec 20, 2009
I have a Xiaomi Mi A2 the truth is a good phone just buy it because I had ant + connectivity with my garmin bracelet and my cadence sensor also garmin, I worked great with strava software. A few days ago I received the update to android 9 and it does not work anymore. Apparently Android 9 suppressed the protocol firmware ant +

Now the question is if soon google take out a patch that incorporates ant + or is that it will be without ant + support and will force us to use a usb ant + support

What's wrong with android 9, I'm thinking about making a rollback to android 8.1

HTCJohan

Sep 1, 2010
I have a Xiaomi Mi A2 the truth is a good phone just buy it because I had ant + connectivity with my garmin bracelet and my cadence sensor also garmin, I worked great with strava software. A few days ago I received the update to android 9 and it does not work anymore. Apparently Android 9 suppressed the protocol firmware ant +

Now the question is if soon google take out a patch that incorporates ant + or is that it will be without ant + support and will force us to use a usb ant + support

What's wrong with android 9, I'm thinking about making a rollback to android 8.1

roll back if you can.
I have not managed to roll back.
I bought a cheap usb C OTG adapter and a cheap ANT+ usb stick. Now this works on my Nokia, but is of course a ****ty way with usb C OTG & ANT+ stick sticking on the end of the phone. Works for indoor training stuff, but not a real solution.

jpb571

Jan 21, 2019
If you have downloaded ANT Radio Service and ANT Plugins, but it is still not working, you may need to activate the Hardware which is somewhat hidden in the ANT Radio service:

1) Go to Apps & Notifications -> See All Apps
2) Select 'ANT Radio Service' (If you cannot see this app, you need to download it from the Google play store)
3) Select Permissions
4) App Permissions
5) Slide switch to allow ANT
6) Check in ANT Tester - Hopefully Success!!!

fdpg1963

May 19, 2019
If you have downloaded ANT Radio Service and ANT Plugins, but it is still not working, you may need to activate the Hardware which is somewhat hidden in the ANT Radio service:

2) Select 'ANT Radio Service' (If you cannot see this app, you need to download it from the Google play store)
3) Select Permissions
4) App Permissions

Thanks for this solution! I just managed to get my ANT+ only Garmin cadence sensor working at my Nokia 6.1 with Android 9 (latest update) in the Strava app.
The App permission to access the ANT+ hardware is switched off by default, after giving permission everything works!

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Same problem here with my Nokia 6.1. Has there been any progress/news on the issue?

Nokia support was of no help.

Just got it working! Garmin cadence sensor (ANT+ only) on my Nokia 6.1 with latest Android updates. jpb571 had the correct solution.

tbontour

Jun 8, 2013
Trying the solution above but at step 3 permissions is greyed out and it says, "no permissions requested". Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance.

leaskovski

Mar 31, 2006

3) Select Permissions
4) App Permissions

I just tried this on my Nokia 7 Plus, and it appears to enable ANT on the device!!! I didn't even think it had ANT, so thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

3) Select Permissions
    4) App Permissions