Android 9 (Pie) - Bugs after Update

Search This thread

zizzyboi

Jan 8, 2019
Do you have a screenshot?

It doesn't let me show screenshots. This app is weird. Sorry.
But you know when you press volume up and down in Pie it shows on the side instead of up?
When you slide it to the left side (cause it's on the right) aren't you supposed to get all volume controls? Such as alarm volume, media volume, ringer volume etc? Instead of pressing the settings button on the bottom?

ppcppcppc

Sep 15, 2007
Huawei P20 Pro
It doesn't let me show screenshots. This app is weird. Sorry.
But you know when you press volume up and down in Pie it shows on the side instead of up?
When you slide it to the left side (cause it's on the right) aren't you supposed to get all volume controls? Such as alarm volume, media volume, ringer volume etc? Instead of pressing the settings button on the bottom?

Really weird....

This is how it is:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190126_194533_com.xda.labs.jpg
    Screenshot_20190126_194533_com.xda.labs.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 399

ppcppcppc

Sep 15, 2007
Huawei P20 Pro
I noticed that the homescreen shortcuts, that arised if you press and hold on the Phone Manager icon, were removed. Too bad, would link the power mode to homescreen. Even better would be a shortcut in the Quick Settings.

You are absolutely right...did not recognize so far.

What i don't like is the new uninstallation procedure, it is no more moving the app icon on the top right red corner... I liked the design much. Now you can see this only when in screen modifikation and you remove widgets, links aso...

kupa

Nov 19, 2008
Fkg, Sweden
Some EMUI 9 bugs I've encountered:
The magazine unlock stopped working. Pics won't change randomly
The battery life dropped from 1 day and 7-8 hours to 1 day

Are you sure magazine unlock is running?
Slide slowly from bottom of lockscreen, check that padlock to the left is open.

angelossssss

Jan 23, 2010
Hey guys I accidentally uninstalled the huawei services framework apk through adb - com.huawei.android.hsf
It doesn't seem to affect the phone like android services framework so far.
I tried installing it by apk I found online but the installation fails. Any ideas?

sKyb0y

Jun 6, 2015
Bucharest
Are you sure magazine unlock is running?
Slide slowly from bottom of lockscreen, check that padlock to the left is open.

Yeah it was enabled. I even disabled and enable it again to see if there are any problems. I've also noticed that pause/play control is not present anymore. Instead i have a lock icon, trash icon, hearth icon, share and settings.
Anyway I did a factory reset in order to see if this will also fix the problem with the battery.

kupa

Nov 19, 2008
Fkg, Sweden
Yeah it was enabled. I even disabled and enable it again to see if there are any problems. I've also noticed that pause/play control is not present anymore. Instead i have a lock icon, trash icon, hearth icon, share and settings.
Anyway I did a factory reset in order to see if this will also fix the problem with the battery.

The padlock is of course a replacement for pause/play control, it has the same function.

erdignss

Jun 7, 2015
Game Suite app is gone after pie update. How can i bring it back? Any ideas or anyone else lost it too?

CLT-L09 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

ppcppcppc

Sep 15, 2007
Huawei P20 Pro
Another ugly bug or bad behaviour feature:

When i scroll down my calendar widget on the home screen the Huawei Search screen comes in the foreground....

Too bad, formerly on Android 8, ones had to swipe the taskbar all along down. Now a short swipe down distance anywhere on the screen lets appear this ugly coloured pinkish screen. I can not use my widgets with scroll down function anymore.

Bad feature Huawei, very bad!

Anyone has an idea to avoid this?

Patrics83

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 19, 2010
Gothenburg

When i scroll down my calendar widget on the home screen the Huawei Search screen comes in the foreground....

Too bad, formerly on Android 8, ones had to swipe the taskbar all along down. Now a short swipe down distance anywhere on the screen lets appear this ugly coloured pinkish screen. I can not use my widgets with scroll down function anymore.

Use adb shell

Code:
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.huawei.search

There's a thread about how this can be done.

Reactions: ppcppcppc

ppcppcppc

Sep 15, 2007
Huawei P20 Pro
Another bug:

Voice over WIFI (VoWIFI) automatically enables if GSM Signal is low and WIFI module is on - EVEN when VoWIFI is disabled.

No way to avoid it.... That is bad...

Huawei seems to be not that precize in software modding than in hardware crafting.... Sad.

Manneman32

May 8, 2009
Sweden
The only bug that concerns me is inside Calendar, and that is a bug that has been there in Oreo too... when setting a multi-appointment for example every tuesday at a specific time and want to remove one of these days without removing all of them... doesn´t work.

Other than that, I find Pie and EMUI just as smooth as Oreo, even better. I have tested EMUI Launcher for a couple of weeks and I don´t have anything to complain about. I now use Nova Prime... it gives me much better control over what´s shown on my homescreen. But that´s the only reason... not performance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there,
    Have you tried to go to battery optimisation (go to settings, hit the search bar on top and start writing "optim" and the first one), then search for "camera" and disable battery optimisation. It solved the problem for me.
    I've found that the Pie is more aggresive overall with killing the background apps. I've had to add way more applications (than on droid 8) to the "disable battery optimizations" and to "app launch" (in settings, battery, app launch -> set applications that you want to survive on the background to "manage manually")

Hello to the XDA Dev Community.

I'd like to start a threat with bugs after the Android Pie update on our devices.

1. Bug:
    Camera App forgets the "volume down key" binding. Means, when double pressed in standby mode the cam is not started.
    Solution: Sadly this works only temporary - start the cam app and exit or close. After that the above mentioned shortcut / quickstart works for a short time in standby mode.

2. Bug:
    This one is still not repaired: when switching to black mode (to lower the battery consumption) one can not see in the apps overview which of the apps are deactivated - the letters are not visible. When you have the white menues, the term "deactivated" is quite readable. (This bug is existent from the beginning with Android 8 - i chatted on this topic with the customer service of Huawei last year but that guy had no blink of an idea, he sounded very unexperienced.)

My Device:
    Unbranded, European version, yesterday received the update.

Wonder if anyone experienced same difficulties and perhaps if there are solutions to this.

Have a good day ;)
    Working on my device, I had to confirm the consent before... Maybe u clicked it into the background?

Update:
    I deactivated the corresponding Huawei app (HiVision), now it fully disappeared in the cam app and on the lock screen (formerly found at the bottom when you swiped from down to up... The list where the flashlight, calculator and so on appear)

Update on this issue, I tried to clear data and cache which brought me back to give consent again and all but it still didn't work. What I did was disable it, which tuned it into factory default and then enabled it again and wolah, it works again. Thanks for informing me about the app name btw, would have been impossible without it. HiVision.

Heating more than usual as well

Use adb shell

Code:
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.huawei.search

There's a thread about how this can be done.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone