Android: apps crashes every time i try to open file manager

Search This thread

auron98x23

Nov 21, 2015
Hello all, I have a very big problem: If I open an app that needs to interact with my file manager, when I try to save some data or pick some file the app crash.

For example: I have a Logcat app, If I try to change the position where I want to save the logs, the app crash.
Same for another app that needs to pick a file from the file manager. If I tap on "select file" the app crash.

In my opinion apps don't find the file manager installed in my terminal, but I don't know how to fix the problem (I have already tried with different file managers). Maybe there is a sort of block in my android rom?

thanks all for your help!

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Hello all, I have a very big problem: If I open an app that needs to interact with my file manager, when I try to save some data or pick some file the app crash.

For example: I have a Logcat app, If I try to change the position where I want to save the logs, the app crash.
Same for another app that needs to pick a file from the file manager. If I tap on "select file" the app crash.

In my opinion apps don't find the file manager installed in my terminal, but I don't know how to fix the problem (I have already tried with different file managers). Maybe there is a sort of block in my android rom?

TBH: This is too simple explained.
You need to explain what sort of files you want to open from which source (Folder...)
You need to explain where you want to store which files.

auron98x23

Nov 21, 2015
TBH: This is too simple explained.
You need to explain what sort of files you want to open from which source (Folder...)
You need to explain where you want to store which files.
I'm so sorry. I will try to be more specific.

First of all, I find a specific error regarding one of this app:

android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity found to handle Intent { act=android.intent.action.OPEN_DOCUMENT typ=/ (has extras) }

Regarding this specific error, the app should make me select a .db file. But As I said before, crash every time I tap on "select file"

The other app is called logcat reader:

And crash every time I try to change the folder where the app save the .txt log.

My android version is 11. Actually my file manager is Google file

If you need more details please let me know.

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
I'm so sorry. I will try to be more specific.

First of all, I find a specific error regarding one of this app:

android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity found to handle Intent { act=android.intent.action.OPEN_DOCUMENT typ=/ (has extras) }

Regarding this specific error, the app should make me select a .db file. But As I said before, crash every time I tap on "select file"

The other app is called logcat reader:

And crash every time I try to change the folder where the app save the .txt log.

My android version is 11. Actually my file manager is Google file

If you need more details please let me know.
I never tried to read the logs on the unit... Download it to the PC and open it in Notepad++.
On top: You can read the logs in Logcat app itself, if it´s really needed.

I still don´t get your intention for changing folders at all.

auron98x23

Nov 21, 2015
I never tried to read the logs on the unit... Download it to the PC and open it in Notepad++.
On top: You can read the logs in Logcat app itself, if it´s really needed.

I still don´t get your intention for changing folders at all

It was an example.

The problem is that every time an app require to work with the file manager, the app crash.

For example:

I have a music app, and I need to restore a backup (.db) of my song, but I can't open the backup file, because every time I try to tap on "select file" the app crash.

With the logcat I discover that this is the error:

I don't know how I can fix it. Do you have any suggestions?

notkhow

Jun 3, 2023

sorry for replying to an old thread, but did you find a fix? im having the same issue