Android Auto does not yet work under MIUI 10 and Mi 8

Search This thread

derMerowinger

Oct 11, 2016
Hej there,

if anybody wants to buy Mi8 and has to use Android Auto or wants to use it.
Do not buy it (maybe yet...)
Because as discussed here because of the black border on the upper and lower border it will not work...
So as with my Mi5s I again have to wait for LineageOS until I can use my Xiaomi smartphone...

Reactions: petous

moarfish

Dec 13, 2015
MIUI 9 Global ROM also not work with Android Auto. Black boarder up and down and even the touch screen is not working.

Reactions: blkfri

magnum2323

Jul 26, 2018
Really bad :( I just bought it because my LG G6 didnt work stable on Android Auto.
Today I tested The Mi8 with in my Car and it didnt work.
I am using the newes China Beta 8.7.19.......
What means because of the black border on upper boarder ???
And BtW the nfc android Beam is not working correctly. Can´t send Fotos via android Beam by getting 2 Phones together....

Last edited:

gagp2p

Dec 13, 2013
Does that way also working that I can display notification icons (like WhatsApp/mail ect) in status bar when change the dpi ?

Dec 15, 2018
El Xiaomi mi8 tampoco he conseguido conectarlo al Android auto. Alguien me podría decir cómo hacerlo. Desde luego crea mala imagen de este móvil si no lo arregla.

pcspinheiro123

Feb 13, 2019
I did not know there were problems with xiaomi phones and android auto, otherwise I would not have bought a mi 8... I have the latest official ROM MIUI global 10.2.2.0 (PEAMIXM) and my car doesn't even recognize the phone. It's so frustrating to have bought a phone that's not exactly cheap and does everything well, except for this one thing. My car has no satnav and I was used to just connecting my now gone Umidigi and use google maps. This is so infuriating... Is there any trick or workaround? When I connect the phone to the car the little notification LED lights up but that it. Nothing from the phone or car side ever happens. HELP!

pringlet

Sep 6, 2006
LG V60 ThinQ
I'm running the MIUI Global ROM 10 - 9.1.24 BETA and Android auto is now working. I had major display and touch issues on the MIUI 9 ROMs.

gdaniel

Jun 26, 2010
I'm running the MIUI Global ROM 10 - 9.1.24 BETA and Android auto is now working. I had major display and touch issues on the MIUI 9 ROMs.

It is interesting, for me it is working fine with MIUI roms (Global and EU aswell).

With custom roms it worked okay aswell except when you disconnected the phone, the screen started to flicker, so sadly no working custom rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hej there,

if anybody wants to buy Mi8 and has to use Android Auto or wants to use it.
    Do not buy it (maybe yet...)
    Because as discussed here because of the black border on the upper and lower border it will not work...
    So as with my Mi5s I again have to wait for LineageOS until I can use my Xiaomi smartphone...
    MIUI 9 Global ROM also not work with Android Auto. Black boarder up and down and even the touch screen is not working.