Question Android Auto Issue

Search This thread

dkcats3

Sep 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Does anyone know why I'm having android auto issues? When I connect my phone, it just loops connecting and disconnecting android auto over and over, and randomly will decide to connect after some amount of time or rebooting the phone. Just to clarify, once it connects it stays connected, so it's just an issue with the initialization.

It is not the cable, I've used it with my Galaxy for a while and even tried others. This issue was also present before and after rooting so I know it's not that. This was also present on the OP9 non-pro I tried. I also tried switching the default USB mode to File Transfer and PTP with no improvement.

Thanks guys!

dkcats3

Sep 13, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi, there is a problem with the 1+9 pro, not yet fixed in Oxygen OS 11.2.5.5.LE15BA.
Here is a thread about it, and a work-around that works for me,
but not for everyone it seems.

Glad to know it's OP and not my phone. I'm confident the cable isn't the issue. In terms of your workaround, why not just set PTP as default in developer settings? What's different about setting it yourself?

clavelm80

Jan 9, 2017
Annecy
OnePlus 9 Pro
Glad to know it's OP and not my phone. I'm confident the cable isn't the issue. In terms of your workaround, why not just set PTP as default in developer settings? What's different about setting it yourself?
First, choosing PTP or "data transfer" does the trick. When the connection to AA is stable, the phone goes back to "only charging" .
Secondly, I did not try "extensively" setting a default connection mode other than charging in dev options when looking for a work-around.
Some said it works for them (one 1+ forum) but when I tried it, it didn't for me. I did not try to set it, reboot, try, set another, reboot. I was looking for something better so I've skipped it and my actual work-around is okay for me.
Thirdly, I don't like to let a connection access to the data of my phone without having to unlock it.