Question Android auto issues

Search This thread

wollax

Aug 23, 2011
Florence
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi everyone, having weird issues with op9pro and new Mazda CX5 infotainment. I could get it connected a couple of times but it starts to disconnect everytime I use it.
I tried opo6 with a custom rom based on Android 10 and it works perfectly.
In my previous Mazda 6 the op9pro use to work without any issue.... I read around there are issues with AA and android 11 in general, with different cars, I tried various workarounds but it seems impossible to have a stable connection here... Am I the only one around? Some suggestions would be appreciated ☺️☺️😜

wollax

Aug 23, 2011
Florence
OnePlus 9 Pro
hi to all, changed cable, tried PTP workaround, it could work once or twice but later as you connect the phone to the car it won't work for sure .... a real pain .... the only way for me is to use the old OP6 with android 10 custom ROM with the car, and the OP9P (main device and number!) not connected at all with the car, using a BT headset to answer while driving ..... what a shame!

hi to all, changed cable, tried PTP workaround, it could work once or twice but later as you connect the phone to the car it won't work for sure .... a real pain .... the only way for me is to use the old OP6 with android 10 custom ROM with the car, and the OP9P (main device and number!) not connected at all with the car, using a BT headset to answer while driving ..... what a shame!
Have you tried setting don't optimize for aa, then when you plus your phone into your car hold on the notification. Change it to important then turn sound and vibration off for that notification

Reactions: wollax

wollax

Aug 23, 2011
Florence
OnePlus 9 Pro
Have you tried setting don't optimize for aa, then when you plus your phone into your car hold on the notification. Change it to important then turn sound and vibration off for that notification
thanks for suggestion but no way, I can connect once the OP9P playing with usb in developer section settings, but it works once, and I have to delete the car from the phone and the phone from the car settings ! When I reconnect to the car the OP9P starts to opening AA and closes it quickly, it never connects as my old OP6 with android 10 and custom ROM does ....
Now I am waiting for amazon to deliver other usb cables from Ugreen, but I don't think they will solve my issue .... hope very soon a custom ROM will arrive for this OP9P so that I will probably solve this SW issue, not sure it is only on Goolge side the reason for this issue, I suppose it could be something on Oneplus Oxygen ....

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
sure I have developer activated but it's not enough!

You need developer settings on.
You need to turn on USB Debugging.
If this still fails, try switching the DEFAULT USB CONFIGURATION to FILE TRANSFER from NO DATA TRANSFER.
You may need to reboot after this, you may not.

Default USB Configuration is found under the Networking section in Developer Options, between Tethering hardware acceleration and Show Bluetooth devices without names.

Reactions: wollax

wollax

Aug 23, 2011
Florence
OnePlus 9 Pro
If this still fails, try switching the DEFAULT USB CONFIGURATION to FILE TRANSFER from NO DATA TRANSFER.

Default USB Configuration is found under the Networking section in Developer Options, between Tethering hardware acceleration and Show Bluetooth devices without names.
all settings are ok in the OP9P, but it works as usual only once and after I stop the car in never reconnects again! if I reboot OP9P sometimes it works again .... for me it's not the "right" way to use it.
the OP6 works perfectly you can connect and disconnect how many times you want it never fails!
let's wait for next oxygen updates and maybe also google patches for their SW .... thanks again for sharing your experience!

wollax

Aug 23, 2011
Florence
OnePlus 9 Pro
Here is an update, after some time trying various combinations, I realized this device works perfectly the first time you connect to the car, if you turn off the car for example to get some fuel for a few minutes or less, or if you disconnect the phone and reconnect it without waiting, op9p won't connect anymore, but if you wait like a quarter then it will work perfectly.... the old op6 is not doing like that!!!!
Anyway now I know how to make it work and I can handle it someway!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm also having problems with AA on my car. Here is my work-around:
    You can read the full thread, I've tried a lot of things.
    sure I have developer activated but it's not enough!