Android Auto on Android Q

Search This thread

pa.ko

Dec 4, 2010
Installed custom Android Q ROM and Android Auto stopped working. Looking around learned Android 10 muggles around Assistant Driving mode and some promised AA for Phone Screen etc but common ground is no solution for running AA on Q I found.

Digging more, found out working solution:
1. Grab latest apks of AA, Play Services and Google apps (apkmirror or so). Pay attention to look for latest version designated specifically for Android 10 if there are such!!! (otherwise get whatever is latest)
2. Install in following order: Play Services, Google and AA latest.
3. Move AA to system apps. Use Titanium or manually
http://www.friendfactor.org/install-user-apps-as-system-apps-on-android/
4. Reboot to recovery, clear cache & davlink.
5. Reboot to system

AA is installed but not visible in launcher. Check it is installed by going to settings - apps and look for it. On bottom of its details, there is option for more settings in application - there you can get int AA settings and activate Dev mode and other options.

So, AA is there but you cannot launch it as normal app.

YET...

After plugging phone to car, AA started automatically and now works flawlessly.

BTW in Dev options now is possible to activate option I'm main settings to use WiFi connection. Tried and working with my Audi ;)

Reactions: m0d3rn and yuri76

m0d3rn

Sep 10, 2010
I've tried it multiple times, with reinstall and reconfiguration both the smartphone and the car. It works for some time and is back to the same behaviour after that.
Was it rock stable for you?

Last edited:

pa.ko

Dec 4, 2010
I've tried it multiple times, with reinstall and reconfiguration both the smartphone and the car. It works for some time and is back to the same behaviour after that.
Was it rock stable for you?

Yes it is stable for me. Today I also updated with latest Open gapps and it works Ok. I use it for a half an hour commute to work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installed custom Android Q ROM and Android Auto stopped working. Looking around learned Android 10 muggles around Assistant Driving mode and some promised AA for Phone Screen etc but common ground is no solution for running AA on Q I found.

Digging more, found out working solution:
    1. Grab latest apks of AA, Play Services and Google apps (apkmirror or so). Pay attention to look for latest version designated specifically for Android 10 if there are such!!! (otherwise get whatever is latest)
    2. Install in following order: Play Services, Google and AA latest.
    3. Move AA to system apps. Use Titanium or manually
    http://www.friendfactor.org/install-user-apps-as-system-apps-on-android/
    4. Reboot to recovery, clear cache & davlink.
    5. Reboot to system

AA is installed but not visible in launcher. Check it is installed by going to settings - apps and look for it. On bottom of its details, there is option for more settings in application - there you can get int AA settings and activate Dev mode and other options.

So, AA is there but you cannot launch it as normal app.

YET...

After plugging phone to car, AA started automatically and now works flawlessly.

BTW in Dev options now is possible to activate option I'm main settings to use WiFi connection. Tried and working with my Audi ;)
    Tested also CarStream 2.0.4 and it works :cool:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone