Question Android Auto on Chinese Rom

Search This thread

ddt3541

Feb 23, 2022
I have been struggling with making Android Auto works on my China Version Moto Edge X30, and finally I succeeded. I am very excited so want to share the solution. Previously, it will show "no installed apps work with this usb accessory" when connect the phone to the car's display. The method is provided by Chinese User "安卓那些事儿".
Below is a link to the article (in Chinese).

The idea is to make android auto an system app with privilege. You will need the following:
- Magisk​
- Busybox for Android NDK (Magisk Module)​
- App Systemizer (Terminal Emulator) (Magisk Module)​
- Apk for Android Auto ap​

After installing the two modules in Magisk, run the systemizer as 'SU'. Select "3 - Systemize given apk", then type in full path of your downloaded android auto apk. Under "where to install", select "2 /system/priv-app". After restart, it likely will work if you are in the same situation as mine.

Reactions: firmino13

rsanc12

May 5, 2020
hello, i have the same problem with an oppo find x3 that i bought in china, could you explain to me how you did to install the busybox and the app systemizer?

ddt3541

Feb 23, 2022
hello, i have the same problem with an oppo find x3 that i bought in china, could you explain to me how you did to install the busybox and the app systemizer?
Have you installed Magisk and downloaded the zip files for the two modules? If yes, just installed the two modules in Magisk through the "module' tab. After that, just follow the direction in this link: https://post.smzdm.com/p/a4d0qmnw/

rsanc12

May 5, 2020
The problem that i have its that my phone is not rooted,so magisk does not give me the option to use the module section,Im looking forward to find a tutorial to root my phone.

StuDentBR

Oct 28, 2018
I have been struggling with making Android Auto works on my China Version Moto Edge X30, and finally I succeeded. I am very excited so want to share the solution. Previously, it will show "no installed apps work with this usb accessory" when connect the phone to the car's display. The method is provided by Chinese User "安卓那些事儿".

The idea is to make android auto an system app with privilege. You will need the following:
- Magisk​

After installing the two modules in Magisk, run the systemizer as 'SU'. Select "3 - Systemize given apk", then type in full path of your downloaded android auto apk. Under "where to install", select "2 /system/priv-app". After restart, it likely will work if you are in the same situation as mine.
Are you using original Cn ROM? I've tried to do this on this phone using a custom Rom and could not get it to work... It already have android auto installed and I can't unistall it completely, do you have any idea of how to fix it?

ddt3541

Feb 23, 2022
Are you using original Cn ROM? I've tried to do this on this phone using a custom Rom and could not get it to work... It already have android auto installed and I can't unistall it completely, do you have any idea of how to fix it?
The procedure described works with original CN ROM. I don't know what your problem is with custom ROM. Since it already has Android auto preindtalled, it maybe some other problem. Did you try different cable?

StuDentBR

Oct 28, 2018
The procedure described works with original CN ROM. I don't know what your problem is with custom ROM. Since it already has Android auto preindtalled, it maybe some other problem. Did you try different cable?
I've tried two different cables android auto work with this cable on my other phone (LG G7 thinq), it says that I have a incompatible phone when I connect the Motorola X30 edge, have some other hint for for me?

Edit: Nevermind it was a Rom problem...

Last edited:

StuDentBR

Oct 28, 2018

- Magisk​

it mght be a silly question but if revert root process after systemize android auto it will stop working?

SnegovikRZN

Feb 9, 2011
Ryazan
By the way, the same way works for Digital Wellbeing. I successfully installed it in system applications and the item appeared in the menu.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- Magisk​