• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android Auto Screen-mirror is it worth it?

Search This thread

Confused-cius

Apr 20, 2019
I just bought a new 2019 Ram with the 12" Uconnect screen and wanted to mirror my phone.
I see all these videos about mirroring my Galaxy S8 via android auto, aa_mirror.apk and aa-unlock.apk but that it requires me to root my phone.
I am totally unfamiliar with rooting a phone.

1. Is it worth rooting my phone just to mirror to my new truck toy?
2. If so what is the best, idiot-proof way to root my phone.

BTW - Samsung S8, SM-G950U running Andriod 9

zencooler

Jul 9, 2008
I just bought a new 2019 Ram with the 12" Uconnect screen and wanted to mirror my phone.

I see all these videos about mirroring my Galaxy S8 via android auto, aa_mirror.apk and aa-unlock.apk but that it requires me to root my phone.

Depends on how important for you is to have mirror of your S8 in car system screen.
If it is important so no other choice: you have to root your S8.
There are many ways you can do it. Choose the best one. I mean rooting with unlocking bootloader, flashing TWRP recovery and flash Magisk zip. Detail information you can find on the dedicated threads on XDA.
Remember that instead of using AA Unlocker you should use AA Phenotype Patcher, because AA Unlocker is temporary solution. AA Phenotype Patcher is a permanent solution for enabling AA Mirror for Android Auto. Detail you can find via Google ;)

Sent from my SM-N960F via Tapatalk

Reactions: Confused-cius

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Depends on how important for you is to have mirror of your S8 in car system screen.
    If it is important so no other choice: you have to root your S8.
    There are many ways you can do it. Choose the best one. I mean rooting with unlocking bootloader, flashing TWRP recovery and flash Magisk zip. Detail information you can find on the dedicated threads on XDA.
    Remember that instead of using AA Unlocker you should use AA Phenotype Patcher, because AA Unlocker is temporary solution. AA Phenotype Patcher is a permanent solution for enabling AA Mirror for Android Auto. Detail you can find via Google ;)

Sent from my SM-N960F via Tapatalk