Android Auto wireless

Search This thread

henno88

Jan 31, 2011
Hi,

Anyone has some information about Android Auto Wireless?
Pioneer presented the first AA wireless headunit 2 weeks ago.

I think VW Discover Pro MIB2 with latest FW can support AA wireless as there are some codings for this .

Is there an new version from AA for wireless support ?
There is no such option in the latest APK on play store

dianotea

Jul 19, 2006
Interested about news and reviews on wireless Android auto units...I read all the news / press release and see few videos of the units but we have to wait until March / April for release...

melophat

May 26, 2010
Looks like today's update from the play store has it.. if you don't see the update, you can get the latest version from apkmirror.

hugo_nz

Apr 29, 2018
Auckland
I can confirm that the Discover Media MIB2 with Navigation (I have one in my 2017 Tiguan MK2) has Wifi built in, and the headunit coding does have options for both wireless Car Play and Wireless Android Auto. However, these are both SWaP (Software As Product) functions so need activation codes from VW to enable.

I have successfully enable WiFi on my head-unit, but there isn't much you can do with it since all the connected features require VW CarNet, which isn't available in New Zealand.

rester555

Oct 27, 2010
Currently using the jvc kw-m845bw that supports Wireless Android auto. Currently driving right now with the wireless Android auto working. It's a nice feature, but it would be much nicer if carstream worked on it.

wertasd

Dec 16, 2012
istanbul
Currently using the jvc kw-m845bw that supports Wireless Android auto. Currently driving right now with the wireless Android auto working. It's a nice feature, but it would be much nicer if carstream worked on it.

Hi, @rester555
Could you please let me know, how phone and car are connected? Bluetooth or wi-fi? How AA is started? Are you starting manually?
So, wireless thing is new for me, that is why asking?
Thanks in advance.

rester555

Oct 27, 2010
Hi, @rester555
Could you please let me know, how phone and car are connected? Bluetooth or wi-fi? How AA is started? Are you starting manually?
So, wireless thing is new for me, that is why asking?
Thanks in advance.

@henno88 Sorry for the late post. So when I connect my car it seems to be handshaking on bluetooth and wifi when the head unit is connected. I think when I make calls it's connected to bluetooth, but when I activate Android Auto, it's connected via wifi. I am driving a 2013 ford focus with the JVC KW-M845BW. For my phone, I am using the Pixel 2 XL unlocked variant.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

To everyone here. Carstream also allows you to play youtube videos on the Android Auto as well now with version 2.0.

Last edited:

blackmountainab

Jan 16, 2019
Tried to apply "How To use Android Auto Wireless!" but is halted

Hi
Sorry if I mess threads and things up, but I don't know where to stage my question???

I have followed the instructions in xda video "How To use Android Auto Wireless!" on Youtube and I have a question on one of the stages.
At one point I get a screen where I can choose on "Toggle Wifi on Power" among other things, and the video doesn't tell me what to do. There are no OK button or equivalent.

I can't post a pic or link to pic while I'm new here.

Samsung S9 as Master (Not rooted)
Samsung S6 as slave (Not rooted)
Mazda CX-5 2017.
Stationed in Stockholm, Sweden.

Help??

Last edited:

[email protected]

Sep 3, 2012
Vantaa
I have Kenwood DMX 8019dabs and samsung s8+ with 9.0 pie (rooted)
Android auto wireless and mirror link works just great. I mean really great!!

Android auto is 4.7 and there is carstream and aa browser what i use.
I have to do nothing just plug usb to phone, set u p wifi from kenwood and thats it.. now whitout usb cable.... :)

Attachments

• 20191104_150212.jpg
    20191104_150212.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

antman68

May 1, 2008
Bathurst
I can confirm that the Discover Media MIB2 with Navigation (I have one in my 2017 Tiguan MK2) has Wifi built in, and the headunit coding does have options for both wireless Car Play and Wireless Android Auto. However, these are both SWaP (Software As Product) functions so need activation codes from VW to enable.

I have successfully enable WiFi on my head-unit, but there isn't much you can do with it since all the connected features require VW CarNet, which isn't available in New Zealand.

Replying to an old post, I know, but has there been any development on using the Discover Media built-in WiFi with wireless Android Auto? I have enabled WiFi in my Mk7 Golf and find that it is similarly useless in Australia - can't even stream music. Wireless AA would be absolutely awesome.

Reactions: DeanPall

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Auto wireless, in a Saab 9-5
    Nice!

Replying to an old post, I know, but has there been any development on using the Discover Media built-in WiFi with wireless Android Auto? I have enabled WiFi in my Mk7 Golf and find that it is similarly useless in Australia - can't even stream music. Wireless AA would be absolutely awesome.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone