• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android auto without Google app?

Search This thread

lollox85

Nov 20, 2018
Hi all,

I use a Moto E smartphone in which I uninstalled the Google app and all it's ok. Now I just got a new car that support Android auto, so I downloaded it on my smartphone but, when launched, it says me that I've to install Google app to proceed.

Is there any way to have the Android auto features (I mean, using apps like spotify, podcast, etc) without having to install the Google app on my smartphone?

Thanks in advance

SMcC2

Feb 22, 2014
Texas
OnePlus 6T
Hello!
I found a number of threads asking the same question, but none of them have a good answer.
It seems to be that Android Auto requires some of the Google services.
You could try the pico or nano GApps and then use something like Titanium Backup to freeze portions Google you don't want or need.

Reactions: James_Watson

lollox85

Nov 20, 2018
Misunderstanding: on my phone Google Play and Google services are installed and active. What I uninstalled for a "Google-free" experince is the main Google app and some others ad Duo, etc...

But Android auto ask me to install the Google app (and this is obviously quite useless if you don't need it)

Is there any alternative?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!
    I found a number of threads asking the same question, but none of them have a good answer.
    It seems to be that Android Auto requires some of the Google services.
    You could try the pico or nano GApps and then use something like Titanium Backup to freeze portions Google you don't want or need.