Android Automotive OS and Google Mobile Services

Search This thread

RaphaelMont

Jan 5, 2022
Hello All

This question is about the Android Automotive OS (AAOS) but, since I believe that the answer applied to the regular mobile Android would also work for the automotive version, I'll ask it here.

I'm dealing with a project focused on AAOS and one of its requirements is to be able to provide for the developers' access to the Google APIs contained in the GMS, or GAS in the automotive world.

The problem I'm facing is that the platform owner does not want to go through the process of Google Approval, which forbids him from using GAS.

Since rebuilding all the APPs isn't a solution that we are looking forward to, I would like to ask if there is any other solution to access Google APIs legally. Is there another partner that makes it easier to integrate these APIs? Are there legal limitations that forbid me from using other Google APIs providers, if any exists?

Thank you all in advance!

annafaal6

Jan 6, 2022
Hello All

This question is about the Android Automotive OS (AAOS) but, since I believe that the answer applied to the regular mobile Android would also work for the automotive version, I'll ask it here.

I'm dealing with a project focused on AAOS and one of its requirements is to be able to provide for the developers' access to the Google APIs contained in the GMS, or GAS in the automotive world.

The problem I'm facing is that the platform owner does not want to go through the process of Google Approval, which forbids him from using GAS.

Since rebuilding all the APPs isn't a solution that we are looking forward to, I would like to ask if there is any other solution to access Google APIs legally. Is there another partner that makes it easier to integrate these APIs? Are there legal limitations that forbid me from using other Google APIs providers, if any exists?

Thank you all in advance!

Yeah I'm wondering this too. Trying to export a map.