• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

Pascal045

Jul 21, 2021
Hi all,

i have a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge (SM-G925FZWADBT) with Anroid 7.0. I can't login into it, caused by a reboot lock (Password needed) from Samsung. Is there any way to access and rescue the data (Photos and Videos)?

Thanks, Pascal045

rw_on_xda

Jun 24, 2013
Berlin
Hi all,

i have a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge (SM-G925FZWADBT) with Anroid 7.0. I can't login into it, caused by a reboot lock (Password needed) from Samsung. Is there any way to access and rescue the data (Photos and Videos)?

Thanks, Pascal045
what is a reboot lock ?

my wild guess would be:
if you're able to boot the device try boot to recovery and then pull the data via adb shell.
you need to find out the key strokes for recovery mode

Pascal045

Jul 21, 2021
what is a reboot lock ?

my wild guess would be:
if you're able to boot the device try boot to recovery and then pull the data via adb shell.
you need to find out the key strokes for recovery mode
The Smartphone requires a password input after every reboot to unlock the device and the fingerprint Login.

I tried using adb shell in Recovery Mode to pull all data from the device but the device accepts only the ADB sideload command.

Last edited:

SMcC2

Feb 22, 2014
Texas
OnePlus 6T
The Smartphone requires a password input after every reboot to unlock the device and the fingerprint Login.

I tried using adb shell in Recovery Mode to pull all data from the device but the device accepts only the ADB sideload command.
If the device is encrypted it makes sense TWRP can't pull from data.
TWRP / adb shell has support for decryption, but since you don't know the PIN that's not helpful.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
So the only way is to unsolder the EMMC chip and resolder it onto a usb stick or something, which is essentially impossible?
If that would work it's not impossible but technically challenging. Those chipsets out of circuit are very ESD sensitive. Overheating them will damage them. So the proper equipment and skill set are required.

3 things I have learned...
Don't set passwords if you don't need to for device or bios access.
Don't encrypt data especially on backup copies.
Redundantly backup all critical data onto at least 2 hdds that are physically and electronically isolated from each other and the PC. Time stagger individual backups. You can never have too many backup hdds.
You may lose a small amount of data but not all of it.

Reactions: SMcC2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So the only way is to unsolder the EMMC chip and resolder it onto a usb stick or something, which is essentially impossible?
    If that would work it's not impossible but technically challenging. Those chipsets out of circuit are very ESD sensitive. Overheating them will damage them. So the proper equipment and skill set are required.

3 things I have learned...
    Don't set passwords if you don't need to for device or bios access.
    Don't encrypt data especially on backup copies.
    Redundantly backup all critical data onto at least 2 hdds that are physically and electronically isolated from each other and the PC. Time stagger individual backups. You can never have too many backup hdds.
    You may lose a small amount of data but not all of it.