• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development Android Dollhouse (Flashtool) | TESTERS REQUIRED

Search This thread

Dollscythe

Jul 23, 2021

Android Dollhouse

The Definitive Android Flashtool.​

This is the support thread for Pixel 6 Pro. If you have another device, please check the other threads:
I'm releasing the first user-facing preview of this tool, which is a convenient wrapper for common ADB/Fastboot controls.
It already comes preloaded with ADB and Fastboot binaries. There's no need to download anything else.
For now, this is the first test run, which is Windows only. Mac OS + Linux versions will be released separately depending on how this performs.

You need this .net runtime to run it: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-5.0.11-windows-x86-installer

Full cross-platform compatibility is planned.​
1635358251748.png
1635358256973.png

For now, it is still a work in progress. Please, pixel 6 pro users, I would like your feedback on this tool. Post here a screenshot of your Device info so I can improve compatibility with your device! Make sure to blur/hide your IMEI!

It includes an auto-updater so you will definitely be getting the latest improved release whenever i make changes.

Please report any issues you find either here or open an issue on the github repo, thank you!

Download + Source code : Github
General Pixel Development Channel : Telegram
Pixel 6 & 6 Pro Official Chat : Telegram

Last edited:

Dollscythe

Jul 23, 2021
Some cool features include: can see install and sideload apks/apps from your computer, create backups, and even stream your phone screen/control it with your mouse and keyboard, etc

and that's just the basics, it allows you to flash custom roms and unlock the bootloader too, among other things
1635254040340.png

BEFORE I CAN MAKE AN OFFICIAL RELEASE, i need to make sure that it works perfectly for pixel 6 owners, and thus i require testers. thank you!

Az Biker

Senior Moderator / Moderator & RC-RT Committees
Staff member
Hello. I am working on a certain tool that's currently optimized for pixel devices. Before i make my first release, i thought of waiting for the pixel 6 / 6 pro to come out.

here's a little preview. currently, there's a private beta build on my telegram free of charge (its an open source project and will be free forever).

View attachment 5441917

I am interested in Pixel 6 / 6 Pro owners, that are willing to enable USB debugging and send me some info about their device. This is completely safe for your device, so if anyone is interested, please join the following channel:

t.me/pixel6chat

Or, I will be providing support here too. For starters, if you are able, please post the output of adb devices -l.
A friendly reminder:

Promoting your TG group is permitted in Xda as long as the Xda thread is supported, and members don't have to visit TG to get updates, or support.

As a P6P user, I encourage this development and understand the benefits of using TG for ease of communication, freedom of off topic, and individual governance outside of Xda.

As a member of the moderation staff, I encourage the development and understand the benefits of a TG group, but I also understand the requirement to have the Xda thread fully supported, to include with latest downloads, and not solely be a funnel to the TG groups.

I'd love to see this project take off and be fully implemented and am hoping this early reminder will allow both the TG group and Xda thread to flourish together without issue :D

Feel free to PM me with any question, concerns or clarification.

Once I have my P6P, I'll be a tester if still needed.

Best of luck with the development!

Dollscythe

Jul 23, 2021
Ah, of course I will provide full support on XDA. However this isn't a release thread, it's more of a "hey pixel 6 owners, I see you! I want to add support for your device!"

The tool will be released soon, when the proper sub-forums are created, I'd rather not release it here because I know soon the forums will be modified to match the structure of other pixel devices.

The app is built using .net core. It's fully open source AND cross platform.

I have a native build philosophy which means that I'm using fluent design in Windows, macOS WebKit on mac's, and There's also a GTK4 version for gnome based distros (written in pure C, also open source licensed).

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
Ah, of course I will provide full support on XDA. However this isn't a release thread, it's more of a "hey pixel 6 owners, I see you! I want to add support for your device!"

The tool will be released soon, when the proper sub-forums are created, I'd rather not release it here because I know soon the forums will be modified to match the structure of other pixel devices.

I have a native build philosophy which means that I'm using fluent design in Windows, macOS WebKit on mac's, and There's also a GTK4 version for gnome based distros (written in pure C, also open source licensed).
I was under the impression that all new sections, like for the Pixel 6 Pro, use a new structure which merely allows you to easily filter for specific types of threads:

1635262790108.png

I hadn't been very active on XDA in a while, so I could be wrong but this would make the most sense to me. I don't know what kind of sense it would make to start the section off in one format and then switch to another when the existing format does what's needed.

Reactions: galaxys

Dollscythe

Jul 23, 2021
I was under the impression that all new sections, like for the Pixel 6 Pro, use a new structure which merely allows you to easily filter for specific types of threads:

View attachment 5442077

I hadn't been very active on XDA in a while, so I could be wrong but this would make the most sense to me. I don't know what kind of sense it would make to start the section off in one format and then switch to another when the existing format does what's needed.
Oh that makes sense. I'll make a new thread or update this one, I'll see how things go. For now I'm hoping for some volunteers to enable USB debugging and show us the result of

adb devices -l

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Az Biker

Staff member

I suppose technically this "hey check it out" thread should labeled General/Discussion...

Since all the sub-fora hasn't been updated yet, it's probably okay for now, especially since you already intend to move it once the device forums are more specific.

Looking forward to this development!

I appreciate your work and efforts 👍

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
This tool seems great! I'll definitely give it a try when I get my Pixel 6 Pro.

Az Biker

Staff member
Last edited:

danw_oz

Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
I did some initial tests, working very well, for the limited options currently able to do with 6 Pro, I liked the fact I didn't need to switch modes to file transfer/android auto for this to work, could just leave it in default state after plugging in.
Only came across one small issue so far, but was not able to reproduce it, where after swtiching between tabs while having stream screen open and closed the mode switcher became greyed out, clicked refresh above and it was back

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Android Dollhouse

The Definitive Android Flashtool.​

This is the support thread for Pixel 6 Pro. If you have another device, please check the other threads:
    I'm releasing the first user-facing preview of this tool, which is a convenient wrapper for common ADB/Fastboot controls.
    It already comes preloaded with ADB and Fastboot binaries. There's no need to download anything else.
    For now, this is the first test run, which is Windows only. Mac OS + Linux versions will be released separately depending on how this performs.

You need this .net runtime to run it: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-desktop-5.0.11-windows-x86-installer

Full cross-platform compatibility is planned.​

For now, it is still a work in progress. Please, pixel 6 pro users, I would like your feedback on this tool. Post here a screenshot of your Device info so I can improve compatibility with your device! Make sure to blur/hide your IMEI!

It includes an auto-updater so you will definitely be getting the latest improved release whenever i make changes.

Please report any issues you find either here or open an issue on the github repo, thank you!

Download + Source code : Github
    General Pixel Development Channel : Telegram
    Pixel 6 & 6 Pro Official Chat : Telegram
    Hello. I am working on a certain tool that's currently optimized for pixel devices. Before i make my first release, i thought of waiting for the pixel 6 / 6 pro to come out.

here's a little preview. currently, there's a private beta build on my telegram free of charge (its an open source project and will be free forever).

View attachment 5441917

I am interested in Pixel 6 / 6 Pro owners, that are willing to enable USB debugging and send me some info about their device. This is completely safe for your device, so if anyone is interested, please join the following channel:

t.me/pixel6chat

Or, I will be providing support here too. For starters, if you are able, please post the output of adb devices -l.
    A friendly reminder:

Promoting your TG group is permitted in Xda as long as the Xda thread is supported, and members don't have to visit TG to get updates, or support.

As a P6P user, I encourage this development and understand the benefits of using TG for ease of communication, freedom of off topic, and individual governance outside of Xda.

As a member of the moderation staff, I encourage the development and understand the benefits of a TG group, but I also understand the requirement to have the Xda thread fully supported, to include with latest downloads, and not solely be a funnel to the TG groups.

I'd love to see this project take off and be fully implemented and am hoping this early reminder will allow both the TG group and Xda thread to flourish together without issue :D

Feel free to PM me with any question, concerns or clarification.

Once I have my P6P, I'll be a tester if still needed.

Best of luck with the development!
    Some cool features include: can see install and sideload apks/apps from your computer, create backups, and even stream your phone screen/control it with your mouse and keyboard, etc

and that's just the basics, it allows you to flash custom roms and unlock the bootloader too, among other things
    1635254040340.png

BEFORE I CAN MAKE AN OFFICIAL RELEASE, i need to make sure that it works perfectly for pixel 6 owners, and thus i require testers. thank you!
    Updated main thread! Tool is downloadable.