Android File Transfer not working for Mac

Search This thread

tacopimp

Aug 30, 2006
Philadelphia
Anyone else having issues connecting Pixel XL to Mac via Android File Transfer? I had no issues with my Note 5, but the Pixel XL will not stay connected. It shows that its connecting and then I get the pop up that reads: "If your device's screen is locked, disconnect its USB cable, unlock your screen, and then reconnect the USB cable." My screen is unlocked and all...

Mi|enko

Jul 15, 2006
I had issues with AFT as well. Resorted to just pushing my content via ADB. Alternatively, you could use AirDroid and just copy the content over via Wi-Fi.

choosymoron

Mar 14, 2010
Mumbai
We are facing something similar with Google Pixel on Mac environment with Android File Transfer. Same rig used with same cables & Samsung Galaxy S7 is working perfect.

tacopimp

Aug 30, 2006
Philadelphia
No, I already know that you need to change your phone into transfer file mode. I think most people know that, you have had to do it for quite sometime now... I can't even remember when you didn't have to do this step. For me and many others it is not working.

jawmail

Nov 14, 2011
My Pixel wouldn't talk to my Mac for the first few days. After that for some reason AFT started working and all is good now. Hope you get it working.

Mr Ian B

Aug 3, 2010
Anyone else having issues connecting Pixel XL to Mac via Android File Transfer? I had no issues with my Note 5, but the Pixel XL will not stay connected. It shows that its connecting and then I get the pop up that reads: "If your device's screen is locked, disconnect its USB cable, unlock your screen, and then reconnect the USB cable." My screen is unlocked and all...

I am also getting it with my mac air and pixel xl. My work around has been airdroid for now.

Ian B

sd_matto

Jun 27, 2006
The error I am getting is "Cannot replace file" "Cannot copy file"; I don't think this is same issue as what is reported here, so I opened a new thread. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check out Pixelmate to work around issues with Android File Transfer and Pixel devices:
    https://eladnava.com/manage-files-on-your-google-pixel-like-a-boss-with-pixelmate/
    Works fine for me. I selected "transfer files" from the usb options when it popped up and relaunched AFT
    Hi, i had the same issue with Macbook 13 Touchbar and Pixel XL and just found a workaround :

Use an USB-C -> USB-A adapter (i use the one provided with the pixel) then USB-A -> USB-C cable to connect the phone and it works !

Hope this helps !
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone