[Android Head Unit] [CarPlay] [Chinese] [8227L]

Search This thread

Meir69

Sep 7, 2019
hello guys.

I've ordered a long time ago this android head unit: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329..._list.0.0.2bc4586aWLTEcq&gatewayAdapt=glo2isr

I have the 2GB + 32GB.

of course, the fake 8.1, and all that crap.

anyway, I've already installed some other firmwares over time .

for now. I have some firmware i've installed from here, 10 android version without HIFI.

my main question is: can I make this device support apple car play? in any way? that works great (really not fine but great, without any lags ).

after many times that I used apple car play in other cars, I just feel that is a very big gadget that I must have!

I've tried to download some "Car play" apps online, but my iphone don't recognize anything..

if someone have some firmware / update or something that works with it ,with any other cool stuffs like DSP/split screen, that will be amazing!

thank you very much!!

Anton TNT

Sep 24, 2020
Croatia
Android Automotive OS
hello guys.

I've ordered a long time ago this android head unit: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329..._list.0.0.2bc4586aWLTEcq&gatewayAdapt=glo2isr

I have the 2GB + 32GB.

of course, the fake 8.1, and all that crap.

anyway, I've already installed some other firmwares over time .

for now. I have some firmware i've installed from here, 10 android version without HIFI.

my main question is: can I make this device support apple car play? in any way? that works great (really not fine but great, without any lags ).

after many times that I used apple car play in other cars, I just feel that is a very big gadget that I must have!

I've tried to download some "Car play" apps online, but my iphone don't recognize anything..

if someone have some firmware / update or something that works with it ,with any other cool stuffs like DSP/split screen, that will be amazing!

thank you very much!!
Hi, you have easyconnect app from google store which mirrors screen, for car play app you can install it onto head unit, but in order to work must activate siri on your mobile phone in order to work with head unit or connect via USB cable to head unit.

Meir69

Sep 7, 2019
Hi, you have easyconnect app from google store which mirrors screen, for car play app you can install it onto head unit, but in order to work must activate siri on your mobile phone in order to work with head unit or connect via USB cable to head unit.
Hey, thanks for the respond.
I’ve tried the mirror link app but it’s a little bit laggy and not maximize the options for you and not a very good UI.
siri is always work on my iphone but I couldn’t make the car play to work.

Anton TNT

Sep 24, 2020
Croatia
Android Automotive OS
Hey, thanks for the respond.
I’ve tried the mirror link app but it’s a little bit laggy and not maximize the options for you and not a very good UI.
siri is always work on my iphone but I couldn’t make the car play to work.
Then it's some stupidity making problems, like Google play has its own thrid party apps not installing if you don't allow them to. For iphone I don't know, it is something , something is preventing in Store to deny access or installment.

Meir69

Sep 7, 2019
Then it's some stupidity making problems, like Google play has its own thrid party apps not installing if you don't allow them to. For iphone I don't know, it is something , something is preventing in Store to deny access or installment.
is there any way to make an external car play with some dongle even if I dont have wired carplay on my head unit?

orlincho

Jan 5, 2011
It’s working even if my android screen don’t support apple car play?
exactly. makes any android support wireless/wired Carplay -depending on model of Carlinkit. Well al least androids older than 6.0. for older you should ask Carlinkit support. Product is reliable and that's why not too cheap. mine was bit less than 60$ for wireless CarPlay