Android head-unit Reboot itself after connecting to WiFi .

Search This thread

Rembkbl

Sep 26, 2022
I've got an issue with an old Android radio - not sure about the make and who and how jalilbroke it....i know that the sortware is:

Android version 4.4.2

MCU version 5.3.19-98-10-E56201-160826

System version 4.5.9_20160322

So I belive its a radio from 2016/2015.

Radio keeps going to a auto reboot loop after I connect it to WiFi hotspot.

I've noticed that when I have a WiFi that doesn't have Internet access - it's fine.

If I'm connected to WiFi that has Internet access but I change the date to anything before current date, radio stays on, but then I cannot access Internet (Play Store, Google, Chrome, Maps, anything really and it says that there is a connection error).

Apart from that it always keeps restarting after about a minute or two when WiFi and auto date is ON.

This really anoys me and I've spent few days to try to figure it out.

For some reasons I think that this may have something to do with Bluetooth and WiFi being ON at the same time as I couldn't find and option to switch Bluetooth off to test this theory.

All I'm after is to have offline maps of some sort (offline Google Maps or any other sat nav), then I can use the radio offline if I cannot make it to work on WiFi hotspot.

Please help.

Jnet83

Nov 27, 2022
I've got an issue with an old Android radio - not sure about the make and who and how jalilbroke it....i know that the sortware is:

Android version 4.4.2

MCU version 5.3.19-98-10-E56201-160826

System version 4.5.9_20160322

So I belive its a radio from 2016/2015.

Radio keeps going to a auto reboot loop after I connect it to WiFi hotspot.

I've noticed that when I have a WiFi that doesn't have Internet access - it's fine.

If I'm connected to WiFi that has Internet access but I change the date to anything before current date, radio stays on, but then I cannot access Internet (Play Store, Google, Chrome, Maps, anything really and it says that there is a connection error).

Apart from that it always keeps restarting after about a minute or two when WiFi and auto date is ON.

This really anoys me and I've spent few days to try to figure it out.

For some reasons I think that this may have something to do with Bluetooth and WiFi being ON at the same time as I couldn't find and option to switch Bluetooth off to test this theory.

All I'm after is to have offline maps of some sort (offline Google Maps or any other sat nav), then I can use the radio offline if I cannot make it to work on WiFi hotspot.

Please help.
Mine does the exact same thing. Have you figured anything out?