Android Honeycomb 3.2 Soon For HTC FLYER

Search This thread

gizmee

Mar 4, 2011
Android Honeycomb 3.2 Update
attachment.php

Android 3.2 Honeycomb would be hitting the Tablets soon, so what changes can we expect.

The major update includes support for QualComm New Dual Core Snapdragon Processors (HTC Flyer Soon will get Android 3.2 HoneyComb) along with support for the Mighty NVIDIA Tegra 2.

Other updates includes some bug fixes and updates for in-house Honeycomb Applications like Movie Studio, Movies, Music and widgets.

This shall be the last update for the HoneyComb Android Series, and shall mark arrival of the Ice Cream Sandwich .

Sources, also report about the MOTOROLA XOOM would be receiving the update in couple of weeks.

Source:- GizMee.com

Attachments

• logo-android-3-0-honeycomb-bee_090226022600001195_3.png
    logo-android-3-0-honeycomb-bee_090226022600001195_3.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 8,327

ICHAPMAN

May 31, 2011
I've read that HTC are expected to release details of the 10" tablet next week at an event in London.

The 10" table, currently labeled Puccini is said to run Honeycomb. The same report suggest that HTC may also use the event to show the Flyer running Honeycomb.

I'll see if I can find the article again. Having said that it was just an internet news report, so you read into it what you will.

Iain

dstrauss

Feb 17, 2006
What will Honeycomb really add to the Flyer? I have found the Sense UI to be one of the best out there, and a pleasure to work with. I realize it provides full screen space utilization, but what's the value to that when app development has been so glacial?

DilbertZG

Aug 1, 2008
Zagreb, Croatia
It is not about Sense as it is enhancement above Android OS. It is about OS upgrade, "under the hood". OS upgrade always brings new functionalities, bug fixes, new kernel... That's why I want Honeycomb on Flyer and Gingerbread on Desire (and all future Android updates). If I need to choose between Sense UI and OS updates which will bring me bug fixes, I will always choose OS updates.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Farsquidge

Feb 5, 2006
Abu Dhabi
As the actual HC app list is still small at this time, I hope there is good compatibility with GB still.

What I really need is working PPP encrypted VPN! It has not worked on any Android so far!

Bootup

Jul 5, 2007
I'm not really waiting, I like GB and can wait a looonggg time for HC to actually mature.

I agree fully. I have a Honeycomb tablet and the View gets more use and is more responsive and work-ready than the Acer. Don't get me wrong, I love some things in Honeycomb, but love all of the HTC Sense variation done by the View.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Honeycomb 3.2 Update
    attachment.php

Android 3.2 Honeycomb would be hitting the Tablets soon, so what changes can we expect.

The major update includes support for QualComm New Dual Core Snapdragon Processors (HTC Flyer Soon will get Android 3.2 HoneyComb) along with support for the Mighty NVIDIA Tegra 2.

Other updates includes some bug fixes and updates for in-house Honeycomb Applications like Movie Studio, Movies, Music and widgets.

This shall be the last update for the HoneyComb Android Series, and shall mark arrival of the Ice Cream Sandwich .

Sources, also report about the MOTOROLA XOOM would be receiving the update in couple of weeks.

Source:- GizMee.com
    I'm not really waiting, I like GB and can wait a looonggg time for HC to actually mature.
    There is a similar thread on this board talking about the EVO VIEW variant of the Flyer and Honeycomb.

This includes audio from a Sprint/HTC webex where the HTC representative is taking answers from participants of the conference.

On the subject of Honeycomb the HTC rep continuing the line of coming soon. The HTC representative did however say that they are agressively working on this and are keen to get it to market. His understanding is that the aim is to have released it at latest by early autumn (early fall), although in the next breath he also says that he's heard internal rumours that it could be even as close as the end of the month.

The audio is available in this thread -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1160006