• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Android HTC - Hacking explained

Search This thread

Cruz0r

May 9, 2011
Hey all!

I've spent some time on creating an infographic about hacking Android HTC's, which I made partly through the help of xda-developers, and I figured that I would try to return the favor to others xda-developers by posting it here.

Background:

I tried to root and "S-OFF" my HTC Desire and it resulted in the phone not booting anymore :p Having no experience in the Android hacking field at all, I was pretty much stuck, and then there's only one thing to do: Google up.

As I spent the next 4 hours getting a basic understanding of how Android phones work and what the different hacks and tools are, I needed a way to keep notes. Notepad wasn't going to cut it and I figured that a more 'attractive' method may serve as a good reference for other people who are interested in Android hacking. Adobe Illustrator it was.

I managed to get my phone working again but continued googling and asking smart people stupid questions to keep getting a better understanding of the subject. At this point I've learned everything that I wanted to learn. Not that I'm an expert but I know just enough about everything to fool others into thinking I am one :p I'm making the information public, if there are errors or omissions please inform me and I'll fix it.

Android HTC - Hacking Explained

In order of best to worst quality:
*I can't add outside links sadly :(*
Unless a friendly admin wants to add direct file links I'll describe how to find the 'infographic': Google for 'android hacking explained' and it should be among the first results. If not, add 'cruz' :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all!

I've spent some time on creating an infographic about hacking Android HTC's, which I made partly through the help of xda-developers, and I figured that I would try to return the favor to others xda-developers by posting it here.

Background:

I tried to root and "S-OFF" my HTC Desire and it resulted in the phone not booting anymore :p Having no experience in the Android hacking field at all, I was pretty much stuck, and then there's only one thing to do: Google up.

As I spent the next 4 hours getting a basic understanding of how Android phones work and what the different hacks and tools are, I needed a way to keep notes. Notepad wasn't going to cut it and I figured that a more 'attractive' method may serve as a good reference for other people who are interested in Android hacking. Adobe Illustrator it was.

I managed to get my phone working again but continued googling and asking smart people stupid questions to keep getting a better understanding of the subject. At this point I've learned everything that I wanted to learn. Not that I'm an expert but I know just enough about everything to fool others into thinking I am one :p I'm making the information public, if there are errors or omissions please inform me and I'll fix it.

Android HTC - Hacking Explained

In order of best to worst quality:
    *I can't add outside links sadly :(*
    Unless a friendly admin wants to add direct file links I'll describe how to find the 'infographic': Google for 'android hacking explained' and it should be among the first results. If not, add 'cruz' :p
    Complete work @Cruz0r is to be found in Google: Android HTC Hacking v0.5.pdf
    Link doesn't work for me

For sure working link.

Android HTC Hacking v0.5.pdf

----
    edit: new link