[Android / HTC One (M8)] Dot View Mods

Search This thread

rzarecter

Sep 10, 2010
Dot view.

Drat! Really? I just got this phone and found this app today. Was super excited about it until I found this thread. Does anyone know of a similar app, it sounds awesome and has great potential! I can't find anything else like this out there.

The stock version was updated and is giving the same functionality. Ok excluding games and flashlight. I uninstalled this app after the update since the update is more stable and has all the functions I need.

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
It doesn't give all functionality though. Loads of third party apps are still missing from the notification list.

Sent from a tin of baked beans using some chewing gum, tinfoil, a piece of string and a manual written by MacGyver

digitalhigh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 28, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
www.facebook.com
FWIW, this app is all but useless until the developer wakes up and releases an update.

But, going by the history of this thread, I'm not going to hold my breath...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

elsavior04

Jul 17, 2014
Can we have an update to fix the issues please!!!! :angel::angel::angel::angel:

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Start music in stock music player - close dot view case - double tap to wake - music controls and track information ticker is displayed.
(For the stock/official HTC Dot View app update).

Decided to uninstall this mod today. Now the official version has improved, somewhat...

Does the official app only handle the stock player? I use Spotify as my Stock player

Can we have an update to fix the issues please!!!! :angel::angel::angel::angel:

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Does the official app only handle the stock player? I use Spotify as my Stock player

Just tested spotify, and yes the updated app from the playstore controls the app too! So not just the stock player.

Edit: Seems to support Play Music too! Think it may work with just about any music playing app? ?

lord fancypants

Oct 23, 2014
Dubai
great while it lasted

This was a great app...... I have never been as excited about an app..... It was a lot of fun while it lasted, since the dev is apparently not even acknowledging our posts at this time, I guess it's safe to assume a loss of interest. Our only other option is to start emailing the official HTC dot view dev team to include features from this app in their next update. I have already sent out a mail suggesting them to include the dialer, which is pretty much the only reason I downloaded and paid for this app. I hope you guys do the same. The email for the dev team can be found on the dot view apps page on the play store.

MsEvyLynch

Jan 25, 2013
The developer mentioned to someone else on Twitter that he has school to deal with right now and when he's done he will work on it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

shorty1483

This was a great app...... I have never been as excited about an app..... It was a lot of fun while it lasted, since the dev is apparently not even acknowledging our posts at this time, I guess it's safe to assume a loss of interest. Our only other option is to start emailing the official HTC dot view dev team to include features from this app in their next update. I have already sent out a mail suggesting them to include the dialer, which is pretty much the only reason I downloaded and paid for this app. I hope you guys do the same. The email for the dev team can be found on the dot view apps page on the play store.

To be honest, for me personally, the dialer is the only thing missing in the actual official app. When looking over the features added from version to version, I hope something like that will be included in the next update instead of the 3 last called numbers (which is annoying for me personally because I always accidentally call a number when the feature is activated).

HaiderAbbas

Jul 29, 2013
Dhaka
i want to try out the snake game can anyone help me i cant pay i dont have supported paymebt method in my country thanks

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
Thread cleaned
Warez posting is illegal piracy and will NOT be tolerated on this site
This is a private development site that supports the developers
We have the right to refuse service to anyone..so do not perform illegal activities on this site!

Reactions: nickmilla15

Cristianop

May 5, 2009
Germany
Since a few weeks I have every time I open the screen I get error messages. I'm on arhd and waiting for an update please

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

nickmilla15

Apr 14, 2013
Orlando
What would be cool is if he said that here.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Nah, that's just bs. He just made portal for an xposed mod. He's just lazy and selfish, if not incompetent. This thread is dead, should be closed, and I'm trying to get the paid key removed from Google play

Since a few weeks I have every time I open the screen I get error messages. I'm on arhd and waiting for an update please

The developer mentioned to someone else on Twitter that he has school to deal with right now and when he's done he will work on it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

guidogsbn

Feb 7, 2010
Bonn, Germany
Halloween screen today

I was surprised this morning seeing a halloween screen moving at the bottom of homeschreen, nice idea:good:.

I did not expect something new happening with this mod since the cook dissapeared:cool:

It would be nice if we got that thing finished......

Cristianop

May 5, 2009
Germany
I paid for this app so I would like to have support for it. Otherwise I can uninstall the app and then I want my money back

Jonnibravo

Aug 9, 2009
Bradford
I paid for this app so I would like to have support for it. Otherwise I can uninstall the app and then I want my money back

This is a call to all users of this app, please log onto the group page below and pledge your support for getting our money back. I would like everyone to join the Facebook page and so we can collectively request Mo to finish his project, hand it to someone who has the time resources to manage it or return the money back to us.

https://www.facebook.com/googlegiveusourmoneyback

The main reason is not because he abandoned the project but that I have not yet seen a post from a user where the app has been fully working with minimal bugs. Mo has taken a very unprofessional and sloppy approach to his project by not solving bugs at every stage, he has continued to release updates despite bugs being reported and as such this I suggest is a project that never came out of Beta/Alpha. I feel Google need to demand Mo does one of the following things:

Our Demands are as above.

Continue to support the development of the app or at least get it to a working state with minimal bugs - or release the code openly for other users to develop, I personally would love to work on it.

Remove the app completely from the play store and return the money to every user.

All in favor join the facebook page and discuss, when I have enough users I will draft a letter of complaint to Google itself.

Cristianop

May 5, 2009
Germany
Okay just liked ur fb page. That's really unprofessional and that really sucks to take the money of the people and then just leave the project in alpha untouched.
Isn't it possible u too to continues his work without his permission? It's not allowed right?

Jonnibravo

Aug 9, 2009
Bradford
Okay just liked ur fb page. That's really unprofessional and that really sucks to take the money of the people and then just leave the project in alpha untouched.
Isn't it possible u too to continues his work without his permission? It's not allowed right?

Technically yes, but firstly, it isn't my code, secondly, I can only un-compile it and the code is very difficult to read in that state. I am an intermediate and I have not that much experience of working with un compiled code. I would need both permission from the author (MO) and the original code, I would never look to steal someone elses work abandoned or not I'm afraid.

Reactions: Mike Boogie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VzWY9ty8IVPAL0CqiTEt7QDBk2qM475QdP4iPtA63eCXfjnWlmgXZmcXpP3qWI4CIiDM=w300

Dot View Mods is a collection of modifications for the HTC One (M8)'s Dot View cover.

This module requires an unlock key for most features: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mohammadag.dotviewmodsforhtcmateunlockkey

Features include:
    • Control your music playback and see what's playing right from the Dot View cover.
    • Add gestures to the case and customise them.
    • See notifications at a glance, with support for all Android notifications. (enable the listener in Settings -> Security -> Notifications access)
      * See the full notification when it first comes in: your notifications scroll across the screen.
    • Quick dial contacts right from the cover, with support for up to 9 shortcuts spread across 3 pages.
    • Don't have a contact and still want to dial them quickly? Open up a full dialer right from the cover.

And if you're bored:
    • Play a quick game of Snake, retro-style!

Compatibility:
    • This module was coded with the stock DotMatrix application set to 480DPI, the developer cannot guarantee it'll work fine with other DPIs.
    • If you have other modifications installed, support cannot be guaranteed.

Usage:
    Dialer:
    Swipe up to call the number, swipe down to close the dialer. If no numbers are input, a swipe up redials the last person called.
    Swipe from right to left to delete a number, tap and hold the numbers at the top to delete all.
    A future update may add speed dial from the stock dialer.​
    Snake:
    Tap the HTC logo on your cover to pause the game, tap it again to save progress and quit the game.​
    Shortcuts:
    Swipe left and right to change between shortcut pages.​
    So, I think I should start off with apology. I started uni and I got caught up with how little time I have (3 days a week, I go to uni from 10AM till 9PM with 15 minute breaks between each hour that give me enough time to go from lecture to lecture), so I apologise for not updating this module and replying here (I have replied to most emails and tweets since I get notifications for those instantly).

The module broke a long time ago apparently, but due to staged rollouts, I honestly didn't get the update for about 2-3 weeks later. I barely had time to check XDA (screenshot), and the module I've released (Battery Home Icon) was part of something I started on before I knew Dot View broke, and just released it a month later or so.

I just noticed some PMs from Jonni, but honestly, PMs are the last thing I check daily due to the amount of questions that aren't even related to my work I get there. (There was an email from a certain Paul that also included an APK, a big thanks for that).

A Facebook group really wasn't necessary: feel free to ask for refunds without stirring people up. Neither was the formal message in PMs, it's kind of silly.

As mentioned in the changelog, I'll promise to push updates for breaking things on weekends, and if I find the time during the week, I'll push the updates then, but weekends will be the most it takes.

This module hasn't been abandoned. I'll announce when I won't further update my modules (due to moving on from the device, or other reasons). When/If that time comes, a full source drop will be made for closed source modules.

The latest version bypasses the new music playback for the module's one while I integrate their solution into mine (in the sense that it shouldn't hide time or be so clunky with so many taps and swipes). I also suggest disabling third party notifications within Dot View's settings, and using the module's ones so it can alternate between all notifications, not just the ones the module shows.
    Woah, lots of negative feedback here.
    I've been awfully busy recently (uni and stuff), so I can't reply to all the posts in here. The update was released yesterday, a module update is now out. I'd say 1 day is very reasonable for an update.

As for bugs:
    Notifications not disappearing happens because of multiple notifications from one app. I'll be rewriting the notification holder so this is fixed. Expect it in a future version soon.

Camera not working is a very odd issue, it works fine for me, but lots of users are reporting otherwise. Something is prevent the camera permission from being obtained by com.htc.dotmatrix. Are you using XPrivacy or something?
    After upadating the original app you have to open it and turn off the option "show" the last three calls

This is done automatically on 1.1.3.

I don't get how to use this with the case. If I add the gesture for swiping down to be the google search, it makes the google search noise, but I can't actually search anything, unless I open the case. Is there some way to do google now voice commands while keeping the case closed? Thanks again for your help!

Hmm, I see it works only once, and further searches are canceled. I'll see what I can do, but I'm not betting on much unless I use the Moto X's approach.

Any way to make the date show as month and day?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'll see about adding date formats, shouldn't be hard as long as they fit.

The new version can not change color!

+1

This was one of my favourite things about this mod. Any chance of that getting that brought back? And is anyone having any issues with the weather not showing up as well since the new update?

Well aware of this since I removed the option myself. HTC removed the gradient so it no longer has an effect. The text is now solid white. I'll add text color changes in a future version, but the gradient's gone.

The weather was replaced by the temperature text when a theme is selected, likely because an icon would hide the theme. Disable the theme to get it back. This is stock behavior.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I wish there was a way to get camera to work. It's the only thing isn't working.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app