Android JZO54K/4.1.2 OTA for Nexus S - I9020T/I9023/I9020A LINKS NOW AVAILABLE!

Search This thread

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
It's that time again! Android 4.1.2/JZO54K is rolling out to I9020T, I9023, and I9020A devices. D720, and M200 should follow.

If anyone gets these OTAs, please pull the filename from logcat and post it here so I can update this thread and also mirror the OTA file on randomphantasmagoria.com! Links will be posted here as they come in!

WHEN CAN I EXPECT MY UPDATE
The soju (I9020T/I9023) and sojua (I9020A) updates for JZO54K are rolling out now.
to wait too much longer.

For Sprint NS4G devices, you're really at the mercy of Sprint. Google submits the OTA update to Sprint for testing and approval. That can take anywhere from 1-2 months historically, so grab a rack and settle in. You're going to be here a while.

If you have an M200 Korean Nexus S, you're probably in for a several month wait as well since the 4.1.1/JRO03E update just began rolling out today (October 15, 2012). Like the Sprint device, yours is subject to carrier approval. Google can't roll the OTA out until the carrier signs off. Historically this is always the last Nexus S device to get OTA updates.

UPDATE LINKS

soju (I9020T/I9023):
JZO54K from JRO03E
JZO54K from JRO03L

sojua (I9020A):
JZO54K from JRO03E

sojus (D720):
JZO54K from JRO03R

sojuk (M200):
JZO54K from JRO03E

SPECIAL THANKS
samcolas for soju JZO54K from JRO03E
shakalaca for soju JZO54K from JRO03L
TheManii for sojus JZO54K from JRO03R

Last edited:

robogoflow

Mar 8, 2012
The two nexus s factory images have already been posted to google developers page.
Idk if those are what you want.

robogoflow

Mar 8, 2012
No, I want the over-the-air update .ZIP files that will get pushed to devices. :)

Guess that's the last time i'll ever help you!!!

Just playing..

I figured there was a difference and what i said probably wasn't new to you anyway. I remember you did this for the 4.1.1 thread.
Good to see someone wants to organize and backup stuff for us ns users.:good:

davyu

Jan 8, 2010
Questions:
Does the stock recovery of JB i9023:
1) Have the backlight fixed?
2) Allow you to apply zips? Last time we got that permission or status error or whatever for the ICS recovery...

leerobson99

Nov 27, 2010
durham uk
So has anyone received the OTA or is this thread in preparation for the OTA, just so its clear.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

davyu

Jan 8, 2010
Seriously, I've heard all the 'just root your phone, just flash this rom, just flash that rom, just use cwm' when I ask questions... I want to keep my phone stock. Could someone please just answer the questions as they are? Just yes or no would be fine, thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's that time again! Android 4.1.2/JZO54K is rolling out to I9020T, I9023, and I9020A devices. D720, and M200 should follow.

If anyone gets these OTAs, please pull the filename from logcat and post it here so I can update this thread and also mirror the OTA file on randomphantasmagoria.com! Links will be posted here as they come in!

WHEN CAN I EXPECT MY UPDATE
    The soju (I9020T/I9023) and sojua (I9020A) updates for JZO54K are rolling out now.
    to wait too much longer.

For Sprint NS4G devices, you're really at the mercy of Sprint. Google submits the OTA update to Sprint for testing and approval. That can take anywhere from 1-2 months historically, so grab a rack and settle in. You're going to be here a while.

If you have an M200 Korean Nexus S, you're probably in for a several month wait as well since the 4.1.1/JRO03E update just began rolling out today (October 15, 2012). Like the Sprint device, yours is subject to carrier approval. Google can't roll the OTA out until the carrier signs off. Historically this is always the last Nexus S device to get OTA updates.

UPDATE LINKS

soju (I9020T/I9023):
    JZO54K from JRO03E
    JZO54K from JRO03L

sojua (I9020A):
    JZO54K from JRO03E

sojus (D720):
    JZO54K from JRO03R

sojuk (M200):
    JZO54K from JRO03E

SPECIAL THANKS
    samcolas for soju JZO54K from JRO03E
    shakalaca for soju JZO54K from JRO03L
    TheManii for sojus JZO54K from JRO03R
    So guys... Android 4.2, when are we getting it?! :D:p

x0vbi8.jpg

It remains to be seen if the Nexus S and Xoom will get 4.2 or if 4.1.2 was the last update. We won't know until 4.2 gets released to AOSP. I will say that since they seem to have axed the Honeycomb-style tablet interface from 4.2, the Xoom may be out. As for the Nexus S...historically Google has only maintained support for the current and previous phone generation, which would now be the Nexus 4 and Galaxy Nexus. That said, however, I don't see anything major that would lead me to believe that the Nexus S couldn't run 4.2...unless they tossed out support for capacitive buttons entirely.

Regardless of whether or not there is a stock 4.2 ROM for either device, I'm sure the developers here will have custom ROMs that have it baked in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    No cookies for you!

Mom: "Hey everybody! CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!"

<<<Kids rush into kitchen>>>

Mom: "They're not ready yet. Come back in an hour."

***Groans***
    Thanks to TheManii, I got the URL for sojus JRO03R->JZO54K. I've added it to the first post and to the archive at randomphantasmagoria.com.
    Seriously, I've heard all the 'just root your phone, just flash this rom, just flash that rom, just use cwm' when I ask questions... I want to keep my phone stock. Could someone please just answer the questions as they are? Just yes or no would be fine, thanks.