Android L for Nexus 7 2012 ?

Search This thread

termitru

Jan 31, 2013
Saint Petersburg
tersoft.ru
This doesn't really mean anything. Google may work with older devices during development to ensure performance and quality of Material on older hardware, but doesn't necessarily mean they will create an official build for consumers.

The most important thing in his message was that L can work on our old Nexus 7. I am sure that we'll have working unofficial ROMs anyway. :good:

Smith7018

Nov 16, 2010
San Francisco
The most important thing in his message was that L can work on our old Nexus 7. I am sure that we'll have working unofficial ROMs anyway. :good:

Well they made it sound like L wasn't just tested on the Nexus 7 (2012) but specifically designed for the N7. They made a concerted effort to make sure the OS works on the device so it would be very weird if they decide against releasing the update that they fersure have.

termitru

Jan 31, 2013
Saint Petersburg
tersoft.ru
Well they made it sound like L wasn't just tested on the Nexus 7 (2012) but specifically designed for the N7. They made a concerted effort to make sure the OS works on the device so it would be very weird if they decide against releasing the update that they fersure have.

I think Google chose top Nexus tablet and top Nexus phone for testing Android L, but this fall they'll release it for a lot of devices (Nexus and Google Play Edition) without bugs. So we have to just wait. Anyway we will get an unofficial ROM from xda.

Yeti12

Mar 22, 2013
www.yeti-designs.com
Our tablet is older than 18 months, but I think we do have a high chance of getting the official L (5.0?) update for the 2012 model, it was indeed mentioned by the developers and so were older devices in general, and we shouldn't be judging by the 2013 version getting the preview, as it just makes sense as the developers are more likely to have the newer device so it got the preview. We will probably just have to wait for the stable release, if it doesn't happen, I'm sure there will be custom ROMs anyway, as I have a phone which was never updated past gingerbread and it's running CM11.

bucze

Nov 11, 2012
I hope we get Android L for our Nexus 7. Thats why i bought an Nexus :D

But even if not, I think we will have some great developer which can offer an custom rom ;)

HTCDreamOn

Jun 17, 2012
Nothing significant will come of that SDK port (no offence to the member which ported it, I mean it won't end up as the base for what everyone will be using). Even if Google doesn't update us, which they might (the 18 months thing isn't a rule, it's just a pattern which has been observed), as soon as they release the source code it'll be **** easy for a developer to get it running for us because we have device trees, drivers, etc. And besides even the Galaxy Nexus got KK despite the whole TI mess which was the reason for no official continuation of support anyway.

So yeah don't worry, it's cool to see a port as a proof of concept anyway.

Jun 29, 2014
Jun 29, 2014
any other fixes?

Gonna Flash it soon!!

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Free mobile app
I was looking into Wi-Fi: I kept getting this error message of "cannot start supplicant" - turns out I had forgotten to copy over wpa_supplicant. Yeah, I'm not very good at this :(

Currently Wi-Fi connects, but DNS doesn't work, so you can't actually connect to the Internet.

Those are the only two fixes.

Make sure to read the other thread. Also, this ROM only works on MultiROM, and has only been tested on the Wi-Fi version.

basuraunak

Aug 20, 2012
New Delhi
I was looking into Wi-Fi: I kept getting this error message of "cannot start supplicant" - turns out I had forgotten to copy over wpa_supplicant. Yeah, I'm not very good at this :(

Currently Wi-Fi connects, but DNS doesn't work, so you can't actually connect to the Internet.

Those are the only two fixes.

Make sure to read the other thread. Also, this ROM only works on MultiROM, and has only been tested on the Wi-Fi version.

I am already using it in multirom!
well as now apps can be installed lotta things can be done

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Free mobile app

bmg1001

Mar 18, 2012
Los Angeles
Don't worry, we'll get it. I asked the Android team during the Android Fireside Chat how L will run on low end devices and they said they began testing and development on the Galaxy Nexus and the Nexus 7 (2012). So L was actually designed for our tablet and will obviously have an official build! :highfive:

As much as I'd love this device to get the L release, remember, the Galaxy Nexus didn't even get 4.4 so...

Bert98

Jul 24, 2012
Padova
I'm on the latest build and I can't seem to be able to pull down the quick settings, they keep bouncing back up ?

Inviato dal mio Moto G utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone