Android M not coming to Tab S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

luishr

Aug 18, 2013
Embu-Guaçu
I think we all need to go to Samsung to complain about this, that's the only way they will listen

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA-Developers mobile app
Did Samsung ever shown any sign that they listen to their customers on social media and online channels?

Not even being sarcastic, real question here, because I never saw Samsung addressing public complaints regarding updates.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
I just purchased this tab s 10.5 Friday night. Brand new unopened box at my local Walmart for $250! I'd love to get android M on here just like on my nexus 6 but even if they don't update it, it's still an extremely nice device and it's fast! I'm really glad I picked it up especially for the price that I paid!

Lightn1ng

Mar 31, 2015
Washington, D.C.
I just purchased this tab s 10.5 Friday night. Brand new unopened box at my local Walmart for $250! I'd love to get android M on here just like on my nexus 6 but even if they don't update it, it's still an extremely nice device and it's fast! I'm really glad I picked it up especially for the price that I paid!

Yes its still a great device (I'd still take it over the S2!) but the software is very bloated.

If you just use it to browse the net, netflix, youtube, etc... you cant beat that screen!

With Marshmallow, this thing will be amazing! Assuming we get it...

Reactions: davthekeeper

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
Yes its still a great device (I'd still take it over the S2!) but the software is very bloated.

If you just use it to browse the net, netflix, youtube, etc... you cant beat that screen!

With Marshmallow, this thing will be amazing! Assuming we get it...
It plays games very well also, I haven't had any lag issues yet! I have a 128gb Samsung Evo micro SD card in it as well

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

flhthemi

Feb 8, 2012
Statesville, NC

That's another product they make that I will NEVER buy again.
Several models of their TV's had faulty power supplies, so bad in fact, that they were sued in a class action suit. Seems they like those cheap china made capacitors and had many failures. I have one of those models and just fixed it myself with the aid of a DIY video on youtube. I also had a 27" Sammy TV that when I did a Firmware upgrade it messed up the TV. No I didn't do it wrong, the firmware had a bug as several other owners had the same issue. The TV quit working and the main board had to be replaced. No way known to roll back the FW. Pity was, all the FW was updating was the headphone jack! Had I known that at the time I wouldn't have bothered with it. Lucky me, I found a guy on ebay that had a pulled board from a TV that had the screen smashed. 75 dollars and 1 hour of my time got it back up and working fine.

So, to Samsung I say...NEVER, NEVER again...I want NOTHING you have ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Really? You would waste a wish on this? I would wish for world peace if I was going to use my wish. ;)
    Really? You would waste a wish on this?

I would wish to be the all-seeing all-knowing master of time, space and dimensions.

That way I could impose world peace, get MM on my Tab S, and pull hot chicks too.
    I don't expect there will be that many UI changes. What I'm looking forward to most from the update are security updates, and hopefully, hopefully, a performance improvement. I've got the feeling this tablet, while not exactly new, can perform more smoothly than it does right now on Lollipop/
    Tbh I don't give a monkey's about security updates.
    Security, Android and customization don't go hand in hand.
    The chance of my tablet being hacked or compromised is virtually nil.
    There's more chance of my house or car being broken in too.

Security is moot to me the moment I root it. I will provide my own security I don't need Google or Samsung locking everything down.
    If I wanted that I'd have bought an IPad.
    Less security more performance, stability and open customization for me thanks.
    And... closed.

Sanity preservation in action.
    Koreans never publish official lists when and which devices to their portfolio will receive an update to the new version of the software , so we have to rely on leaks . And they reported to us was that the Galaxy S Tab 8.4 and Galaxy Tab 10.5 S will get Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow in the third quarter of 2016 years . This has already begun ( July 1 ) and lasts until 30 September. So if you are users of one of the above . tablets , you can slowly rub his hands .

I found this on http://www.tabletowo.pl/2016/07/11/kiedy-galaxy-tab-s-otrzymaja-aktualizacje-do-androida-6-0-1-marshmallow-podobno-wkrotce/
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone