Android Marshmallows 6.0 update for Xperia M4 Aqua

Search This thread

Hitman951

Jan 17, 2014
Plovdiv
Nobody knows, but atleast we expect the update to arrive late spring or before this summer.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Lugi2

Nov 22, 2011
Android 6 for Xperia Z5 is rolling out in turkey so things are starting to fall in place.... i hope for a release before the end of february

ugurcansayan

Oct 10, 2013
Eskişehir
Update coming...when.

Hey, today I asked Sony Mobile questions about Marshmallow update. They confirmed update supporting installing Android on MicroSD, but didn't give me any more content information nor release date, they told me to check their Facebook and/or twitter for updates.

"For your problem, there is no release date planned. We also want to inform you that, depending on Android OS, Android 6.0 update will be allowed installing on internal or external storage."
Sayın Uğurcan SAYAN,

Sony Xperia Müşteri Hizmetleri ile iletişime geçtiğiniz için teşekkür ederiz.

Sorununuzla ilgili olarak, yayınlanma tarihi ile ilgili henüz bir tarih bulunmamaktadır.

Konu ile ilgili en son gelişmeleri takip edebilmeniz için size Sony Mobile TR Facebook hesabımızı ziyaret etmenizi veya @SonyXperiaTR twitter hesabımızı takip etmenizi öneririz.
*Lütfen Android ve Sistem güncellemelerinin aşamalı yapıldığını, dolayısı ile coğrafik konum ve GSM operatör kaynaklı edinilebilirliğin farklılık gösterebildiğini gözönünde bulundurunuz
Sizi ayrıca bilgilendirmek isteriz ki, Android 6.0 güncelleştirmesinde cihaza takılan hafıza kartının Android işletim sistemine göre dahili hafıza veya taşınabilir hafıza olarak yapılandırılmasına izin verilecektir. Bilginize sunarız.

Cihazınız hakkında teknik destek için +90 212 473 77 77 numaralı telefondan bizimle iletişime geçebilirsiniz. Ürünlerimiz, servislerimiz ve teknik desteğimiz ile ilgili daha ayrıntılı bilgi için www.sonymobile.com adresini ziyaret edebilirsiniz.

Bilmenizi isteriz ki 7 gün içerisinde yanıtlanmayan e-postalarınız sistemimiz tarafından otomatik olarak kapatılır. Daha sonra ki iletişimleriniz teknik birimimize ulaşmayacaktır bu yüzden yeni bir sorgulama başlatmanız gerekecektir.

Saygılarımızla,
Can Gezer

Sony Xperia Müşteri Hizmetleri

www.sonymobile.com
email: [email protected]
telefon: +90 212 473 77 77

YesWeedCan

Feb 9, 2016
Duisburg
Today in Germany a big Android Website said that the Deutsche Telekom (T-Mobile) informed that there will be a Update for the Xperia M4 Aqua in about two Weeks. They don´t speaks about Android 6 but it´s unusual to announced a small Update so early.
Maybe this will be the Android 6 Update for the M4 Aqua, who knows...here is the News http://www.inside-handy.de/news/39444-sony-xperia-m4-update-telekom

samg2

Nov 20, 2014
france
Samsung Galaxy A71
Hello in Germany had received you the putting has in the daytime the E2303 number 26.1. Has 3.111 because I in France I am on this Roma e E2303 number 26.1. Has 3.111 for me your putting has in the daytime will not still be Marshmallows because Sony told us in the course of June for it m4 aqua but I am septic seen the memory of smartphone
See Xperiafirm ' thank you BOLEK_PL '

Trampeltierr

Jul 30, 2015
I don't Know what samg2 wants to tell us, but the update reported on inside-handy.de is 26.1.A.3.111, so: still lollipop. Unbranded phones already have it, the only news is that Telekom branded devices will receive it in ~2 weeks.
Source: https://telekomhilft.telekom.de/t5/...e-Software-Updates-in-2016/m-p/1636840#M89414

c3c0bf0cf61db5544c4349b1e88d29aa.jpg

ardentis

Jan 4, 2015
I don't Know what samg2 wants to tell us, but the update reported on inside-handy.de is 26.1.A.3.111, so: still lollipop. Unbranded phones already have it, the only news is that Telekom branded devices will receive it in ~2 weeks.
Source: https://telekomhilft.telekom.de/t5/...e-Software-Updates-in-2016/m-p/1636840#M89414

c3c0bf0cf61db5544c4349b1e88d29aa.jpg
Translation? Google translate isnt working great for me, but it seems like Telekom is just releasing it. You can use Xperifirm and Xperia Flashtool if you dont want to wait for Telekom to release it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm the one who make you happy
    Xperia m4 Marshmallow update arrived ?????????
    b5e1e8c50e4e3c490dd75351e7fd3a7d.jpg

Sent from my E2333 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Hi there guys, we has been waiting for so long, so I make this video to cheer we up. Enjoy ....
    https://youtu.be/Lga1zU4iUh8
    Right, I have some news which might explain why the update is delayed so much. I have tried to compile AOSP Marshmallow from the Github sources of tulip(M4 Aqua). I managed to compile it successfully but when I flashed it, the phone rebooted the second it turned on, after doing some research and getting in contact with a Sony official I got told that the bootloader needed to be updated. I also got told that because the M4 Aqua has a Snapdragon 615 (a CPU they never used before) they had to compile the bootloader and the whole operating system (including kernel, all the drivers) so this might explain why it's so delayed. If they finished releasing the Marshmallow update to the Z series in late April let's say, that's when they started working on the update for the rest of the devices, like the C4, M5 and M4. So thinking about this logically, Sony is taking it's time to actually improve the stability and the overall performance of the M4 Aqua, in my opinion it should come this month most certainly. But if we think about this positively, there is a huge chance of us having a full device tree which means that the ROM development will explode, especially that we will have the AOSP and Official Marshmallow sources
    Almost impossible chances of keeping the root from 5.0 to 6.0.1 because of not only the new kernel but the new bootloader. Once marshmallow is launched we need a bit of development on building twrp 3.0.0 or up for the M4 Aqua, I would recommend that everyone looks for tutorials for noobs or professionals and share with each other ideas on how we could port TWRP. As I said earlier, once Marshmallow is launched we will most likely have a fully working device tree which means that the ROM horizons will increase dramatically. The kernel sources have been uploaded on github for the kernel and I am trying in my free time to compile TWRP 3.0.2.0 but I keep on getting errors, I will keep you posted if I succeed
    I'm sorry to be "that guy" but can we keep the complaining to a minimum? Useless banter brings nothing to this thread especially if it has already been said. And anyways Sony said that the update would be at the end of the month so stop saying that the update will never come. They released it once before realizing there was a major bug and pulled the rollout to fix it. Please have some patience and some faith that they will bring the update.