Android Marshmallows 6.0 update for Xperia M4 Aqua

Search This thread

EnricoLH

Jun 10, 2015
Ok. I've just flashed Customized_FR on my gf Xperia M4 Aqua Dual with FlashTool.

So far, so good.

I've disabled animation from Developers Option menu and test with SBH20 bluetooth, and bluetooth works good.

MM 6.0.1 runs very well with M4 Aqua Dual, because 16GB of ROM it's ok instead of 8 GB of M4 Aqua normal version.

After install all apps, phone have 7,1 GB free onboard ROM. That's good.

First impression are: better memory managment, better fluidity, system is smooth, Sony stock camera app it's slow but works well.

As my habit, as her uses it I will update you with the impressions ;)

Thanks to all for the information and the feedbacks

The quality of the speaker is now awful, and listening music with headphones (wired) is tragic. I'm downgrading to Lollipop...

DomusX10

Feb 16, 2011
Rome
OnePlus 8 Pro
Today I've noticed that the badge with number of pending notifications on app icons (like facebook or what'sup) not present or not work.

I've discovered that in this release the home is in 10.0.A.0.31 version. On my z3 plus I've the .73 version. If I try to install .73 version, fail (I think because is a system app, so don't allow overwrite

Other user experienced this? Notification number on app icon is present? Which version of Xperia Home do you have? How can I update home version in a "non-rooted" mm 6.0.1?

Vasko01

Apr 24, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 5
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Today I've noticed that the badge with number of pending notifications on app icons (like facebook or what'sup) not present or not work.

I've discovered that in this release the home is in 10.0.A.0.31 version. On my z3 plus I've the .73 version. If I try to install .73 version, fail (I think because is a system app, so don't allow overwrite

Other user experienced this? Notification number on app icon is present? Which version of Xperia Home do you have? How can I update home version in a "non-rooted" mm 6.0.1?

I have Xperia home 10.2.A.1.0, updated it with the software update app

Reactions: DomusX10

pierre.grand

Sep 16, 2008
Valencin
Hello dear community,

I'm seeking a feedback from user in this configuration:
E2333
26.3.B.0.131-R5C

Can you let me know if you are using bluettoh with any Volsksvagen/Audi/Seat/Skoda car (>2012) ? Any issue?

DomusX10

Feb 16, 2011
Rome
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hello dear community,

I'm seeking a feedback from user in this configuration:
E2333
26.3.B.0.131-R5C

Can you let me know if you are using bluettoh with any Volsksvagen/Audi/Seat/Skoda car (>2012) ? Any issue?

my GF has this phone with this version of system (now). With bluetooth stereo headphones no problems.

I'll try on my Ford Fiesta Sync and let you know.

DomusX10

Feb 16, 2011
Rome
OnePlus 8 Pro
I got the update on the whats new app and where can I find the apk?

There are a lot of apps to "backup" installed apps that extract apk files...some are free, other limited, other need root.

If you have root on your phone, the fasted method is to go on your system/app directory and copy the home.apk from there to other directory of your filesystem or SD file. That's it. That files is apk files of home.

But if you have that update by what's new...I hope that even I can update from it. This evening I'll try.

Thanks for your availability:good:

xezrunner

Jul 3, 2014
There are a lot of apps to "backup" installed apps that extract apk files...some are free, other limited, other need root.

If you have root on your phone, the fasted method is to go on your system/app directory and copy the home.apk from there to other directory of your filesystem or SD file. That's it. That files is apk files of home.

But if you have that update by what's new...I hope that even I can update from it. This evening I'll try.

Thanks for your availability:good:

Wouldn't they have to get it from /data/app? That's where updates get installed, the /system/app is always reserved for the "Uninstall updates" option in Settings.

Reactions: Andrzej_Andrzej

g2_930

Oct 9, 2016
Hello to all. I am using E2333 from France.
Now it seems that the update with build number 26.3.B.1.33 is out, according to both XperiCheck and the e-mail from Sony Care, but when I connect it to Xperia Companion, it keeps saying my phone is up-to-date. Is anyone in the same situation? Or are still trying to fix another bug?

DomusX10

Feb 16, 2011
Rome
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hello to all. I am using E2333 from France.
Now it seems that the update with build number 26.3.B.1.33 is out, according to both XperiCheck and the e-mail from Sony Care, but when I connect it to Xperia Companion, it keeps saying my phone is up-to-date. Is anyone in the same situation? Or are still trying to fix another bug?

same situation on my GF Xperia M4 Aqua Dual. :confused: I don't understand why Xperia Compaion says "no updates"...if I want to listen Xperia Companion, my GF M4 Aqua Dual still on lollipo 5.0 :confused:

I think that even in this case, I download it from XperiFirm and flash with Flashtool.;)

pierre.grand

Sep 16, 2008
Valencin
same situation on my GF Xperia M4 Aqua Dual. :confused: I don't understand why Xperia Compaion says "no updates"...if I want to listen Xperia Companion, my GF M4 Aqua Dual still on lollipo 5.0 :confused:

I think that even in this case, I download it from XperiFirm and flash with Flashtool.;)

Hi
don't need to use flashtool.
Just execute a repair in Xperia companion.
After 2 retries it went well on my E2333.
Working just fine now in android 6!

DomusX10

Feb 16, 2011
Rome
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi
don't need to use flashtool.
Just execute a repair in Xperia companion.
After 2 retries it went well on my E2333.
Working just fine now in android 6!

Yes, but with "repair" function Xperia Companion restore lollipop..before I flash MM with flashtool.

So, I'll wait a week, just for give time to Xperia Companion..I know that depends from customize firmware, but with XperiFirm her m4 aqua firmware has the latest version.

after this week, I'll flash update with flashtool.

EDIT: Flashed and seems that audio output is better now. :)

Last edited:

grigtm

Aug 13, 2011
hello
in first 5-10 pages of this thread I writhed that flashtool had errors when I tried to flash 6.0.1 , so had no solution, but yesterday worked, maybe it was because of drivers or maybe not, anyway, I reinstalled latest flashtool version and drivers and it worked, actually several times because I softbriked 2 or 3 times phone trying to root(some problems with su version and su binary after flashing and after updated su from market)
so, if the phone was rooted, the only, and I mean, the only way to get 6.0.1 is flashtool, I tried yesterday 6 hours different methods, OTA and PC companion detected up to date software every time, flashed 3 different android 5.0 versions, wiped everything, factory reset, nothing, just the message that a modified software cannot be updated (maybe unlocked BL has to do with this ), repaired or blast to Mars, so thumb up for flashtool
if the phone was rooted, BL unlocked, companion will always detect up to date and cannot do anything about it, this situation cannot be undone ( maybe at Sony service )
I red somewhere (google it) that in some situations (excluding any modification to original phone/rom) it can happen that companion doesn't/cannot detect updates or do the update, the solution is to put phone in safe mode or pull out sd card, or..... let it for another day to try, try many times-eventually will or not work, go to Sony service

Last edited:

mrm2007

Feb 26, 2009
Hello guys,

Until yesterday i was on Android 5 without any problem. Yesterday i updated the phone with xperia companion to Android 6.0.1 (26.3.B.1.33, My phone is E2333). Today , after working a day and 2 or 3 time reboots, I noticed that the boot time of the phone is increased a lot! (I didn't install anything new except Google play services update). In Android 5 , by boot time was about 45..50 Seconds , but currently is about 2 minutes!! ( My Stamina mode was always active in Android 5 and it's off in android 6)

Is this Normal ? (BTW i have around 200 apps installed, but same apps were installed on android 5 too!)

DomusX10

Feb 16, 2011
Rome
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hello guys,

Until yesterday i was on Android 5 without any problem. Yesterday i updated the phone with xperia companion to Android 6.0.1 (26.3.B.1.33, My phone is E2333). Today , after working a day and 2 or 3 time reboots, I noticed that the boot time of the phone is increased a lot! (I didn't install anything new except Google play services update). In Android 5 , by boot time was about 45..50 Seconds , but currently is about 2 minutes!! ( My Stamina mode was always active in Android 5 and it's off in android 6)

Is this Normal ? (BTW i have around 200 apps installed, but same apps were installed on android 5 too!)

Do you have updated over 5.0 installation or doing a clean install? Because, my advice, is to do a clean install when you switch between two major release.
In this way, phone is clean as first time startup. If you've done a dirty update (over 5.0 install, without format system, app etc..) rebooting could be due to this.

Try. My GF Xperia M4 Aqua Dual with a clean install of 6.0.1, never self reboot until now. :good:

If you refer to "boot time" instead, in my opinion it's normal that 6.0.1 needed more time to boot on M4 Aqua compared to 5.0, due to new security system and more files and library that MM has. ;) but, this is only my opinion.
Even my Z3 plus on 6.0.1 has a long boot time...but, I don't care about it. If "long time" are 1 minute...no problem for me.:p

Reactions: mrm2007

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm the one who make you happy
    Xperia m4 Marshmallow update arrived ?????????
    b5e1e8c50e4e3c490dd75351e7fd3a7d.jpg

Sent from my E2333 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Hi there guys, we has been waiting for so long, so I make this video to cheer we up. Enjoy ....
    https://youtu.be/Lga1zU4iUh8
    Right, I have some news which might explain why the update is delayed so much. I have tried to compile AOSP Marshmallow from the Github sources of tulip(M4 Aqua). I managed to compile it successfully but when I flashed it, the phone rebooted the second it turned on, after doing some research and getting in contact with a Sony official I got told that the bootloader needed to be updated. I also got told that because the M4 Aqua has a Snapdragon 615 (a CPU they never used before) they had to compile the bootloader and the whole operating system (including kernel, all the drivers) so this might explain why it's so delayed. If they finished releasing the Marshmallow update to the Z series in late April let's say, that's when they started working on the update for the rest of the devices, like the C4, M5 and M4. So thinking about this logically, Sony is taking it's time to actually improve the stability and the overall performance of the M4 Aqua, in my opinion it should come this month most certainly. But if we think about this positively, there is a huge chance of us having a full device tree which means that the ROM development will explode, especially that we will have the AOSP and Official Marshmallow sources
    Almost impossible chances of keeping the root from 5.0 to 6.0.1 because of not only the new kernel but the new bootloader. Once marshmallow is launched we need a bit of development on building twrp 3.0.0 or up for the M4 Aqua, I would recommend that everyone looks for tutorials for noobs or professionals and share with each other ideas on how we could port TWRP. As I said earlier, once Marshmallow is launched we will most likely have a fully working device tree which means that the ROM horizons will increase dramatically. The kernel sources have been uploaded on github for the kernel and I am trying in my free time to compile TWRP 3.0.2.0 but I keep on getting errors, I will keep you posted if I succeed
    I'm sorry to be "that guy" but can we keep the complaining to a minimum? Useless banter brings nothing to this thread especially if it has already been said. And anyways Sony said that the update would be at the end of the month so stop saying that the update will never come. They released it once before realizing there was a major bug and pulled the rollout to fix it. Please have some patience and some faith that they will bring the update.