Android Marshmallows 6.0 update for Xperia M4 Aqua

Search This thread

mrm2007

Feb 26, 2009
Do you have updated over 5.0 installation or doing a clean install? Because, my advice, is to do a clean install when you switch between two major release.
In this way, phone is clean as first time startup. If you've done a dirty update (over 5.0 install, without format system, app etc..) rebooting could be due to this.

Try. My GF Xperia M4 Aqua Dual with a clean install of 6.0.1, never self reboot until now. :good:

If you refer to "boot time" instead, in my opinion it's normal that 6.0.1 needed more time to boot on M4 Aqua compared to 5.0, due to new security system and more files and library that MM has. ;) but, this is only my opinion.
Even my Z3 plus on 6.0.1 has a long boot time...but, I don't care about it. If "long time" are 1 minute...no problem for me.:p

Hello,

I installed it over 5.0.

BTW , i don't have a self reboot problem. I think i didn't explain it clearly. I rebooted the phone 2-3 times after updates myself. After updating to 6.0.1 and a day of work and rebooting the phone myself 2 or 3 times, the Phone boot time was about 2:05 minutes. That was a lot compare to 45 second boot time of android 5. But it's solved now! after another day of work and rebooting the phone myself, currently the boot time is almost 1 minutes (may be 1-2 seconds less), so i think it's fine now.

Reactions: DomusX10

Timo2112

Jan 16, 2017
Hello, my sister's phone is having bugs with the camera and the wifi in lollipop.
We have a dual band wifi and the device doesn't work with any of them and the camera makes a purple flash (5 or 10 seconds)on the screen before showing the image every time she opens the camera app.

So I'm searching for a way to solve these issues. Are these issues still in Marshmallow? Or are not related with software? Any solution such as hard reset or something that doesn't need an upgrade?

Any advice before the upgrade to marshmallow?

WormsWarII

Aug 31, 2016
Hello,

As I have not encountered the problem you describe, neither on lollipop nor on marshmallow, I'm enclined to think the problem is hardware related.

Reseting or updating (as long as you do a clean update - i.e. not OTA) will have the same effect.

So I would advise you to do the update (do a backup before).

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: Timo2112

Timo2112

Jan 16, 2017
Hello,

As I have not encountered the problem you describe, neither on lollipop nor on marshmallow, I'm enclined to think the problem is hardware related.

Reseting or updating (as long as you do a clean update - i.e. not OTA) will have the same effect.

So I would advise you to do the update (do a backup before).

Regards

Thanks for the reply.
What kind of reset do you recommend to use? (Before an update or to stay in lollipop)

xezrunner

Jul 3, 2014
I still don't get why they made the statusbar black for most of the settings and other apps. I miss the lollipop statusbar, it was more colouful.

Grab one of the Style cover themes by Sony from the Play Store
The black one is probably the closest to the Lollipop Blue color, the theme is the exact same stock theme just with the Style cover background and I guess colors. It makes the statusbar colored in classic apps.

Here's a link to the theme in the Play Store

escobar_

Jul 26, 2015
Tuzla, BA
One year after the update release I still haven't got it on my phone... God damned thing just says that software is up to date.

Any "easy" way to update it regardless of the official Companion app and Sony (or operators) update policies?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm the one who make you happy
    Xperia m4 Marshmallow update arrived ?????????
    b5e1e8c50e4e3c490dd75351e7fd3a7d.jpg

Sent from my E2333 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Hi there guys, we has been waiting for so long, so I make this video to cheer we up. Enjoy ....
    https://youtu.be/Lga1zU4iUh8
    Right, I have some news which might explain why the update is delayed so much. I have tried to compile AOSP Marshmallow from the Github sources of tulip(M4 Aqua). I managed to compile it successfully but when I flashed it, the phone rebooted the second it turned on, after doing some research and getting in contact with a Sony official I got told that the bootloader needed to be updated. I also got told that because the M4 Aqua has a Snapdragon 615 (a CPU they never used before) they had to compile the bootloader and the whole operating system (including kernel, all the drivers) so this might explain why it's so delayed. If they finished releasing the Marshmallow update to the Z series in late April let's say, that's when they started working on the update for the rest of the devices, like the C4, M5 and M4. So thinking about this logically, Sony is taking it's time to actually improve the stability and the overall performance of the M4 Aqua, in my opinion it should come this month most certainly. But if we think about this positively, there is a huge chance of us having a full device tree which means that the ROM development will explode, especially that we will have the AOSP and Official Marshmallow sources
    Almost impossible chances of keeping the root from 5.0 to 6.0.1 because of not only the new kernel but the new bootloader. Once marshmallow is launched we need a bit of development on building twrp 3.0.0 or up for the M4 Aqua, I would recommend that everyone looks for tutorials for noobs or professionals and share with each other ideas on how we could port TWRP. As I said earlier, once Marshmallow is launched we will most likely have a fully working device tree which means that the ROM horizons will increase dramatically. The kernel sources have been uploaded on github for the kernel and I am trying in my free time to compile TWRP 3.0.2.0 but I keep on getting errors, I will keep you posted if I succeed
    I'm sorry to be "that guy" but can we keep the complaining to a minimum? Useless banter brings nothing to this thread especially if it has already been said. And anyways Sony said that the update would be at the end of the month so stop saying that the update will never come. They released it once before realizing there was a major bug and pulled the rollout to fix it. Please have some patience and some faith that they will bring the update.