Android N Beta - Unfortunately, there are no eligible devices associated with this...

Search This thread

lazerus06

Jun 15, 2010
Elizabethtown
I am trying to sign up for the Android N beta but get this notification on the site:
Unfortunately, there are no eligible devices associated with this Google account.

I am not sure why, signed in under the right Google account.

CodeFox

Sep 7, 2014
Manchester
I had the same issue, thought it was because I was on a custom ROM , changed to stock and it was the same. Manually flashed the beta through adb and even when I'm on android N its still the same. Weird

burduli

Jan 1, 2014
Tbilisi
Add another Google account to your phone. Then go to google.com/android/beta and sign in to the same account that you recently added. In 20 minutes or so, you'll have the ability to enroll

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 12, 2013
Same thing here, this is what worked for me:

Clear Data on Android Device Manager
Force stop it.

Go to settings > security > Device Administrators

Untick, and then re-tick Android Device Manager.
Open it, sign in with the Google account you want to use.

Then, check online again if your device is visible.

Idk about Custom ROMs, but this worked fine for me. My N6 appears on the website now.

beachbum40

Dec 9, 2011
cincinnati
I just made a new Google account and now I just have two Google accounts which is fine with me. Soon as I signed in on my N6 with new account my device immediately showed up on beta page.
I just synced both accounts so I can keep all my contacts and bookmark

Zer0_Cool

Mar 14, 2010
Philadelphia
Just flash the images with fastboot, Google has clarified you will still get ota preview updates if you enroll in the beta program.

From the dev page:
"If you decide you want to get OTA updates after manually flashing a device, all you need to do is enroll the device in the Android Beta Program. You can enroll the device at any time to receive the next Preview update over the air."

MrBrady

Oct 26, 2010
Silicon Valley

Force stop it.

Idk about Custom ROMs, but this worked fine for me. My N6 appears on the website now.

How do you clear data on Android Device Manager? It's not showing up under Settings > Apps (Show System Apps enabled) nor Titanium Backup. But it does show up as a Device Administrator.

MeltdownSpectre

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 12, 2013
How do you clear data on Android Device Manager? It's not showing up under Settings > Apps (Show System Apps enabled) nor Titanium Backup. But it does show up as a Device Administrator.
It will always show under device administrators.

You need to install it from the Play Store to be able to clear data. For some odd reason, it's not pre-installed anymore.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Reactions: MrBrady

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
I am trying to sign up for the Android N beta but get this notification on the site:
Unfortunately, there are no eligible devices associated with this Google account.

Make a bugrepport and send both the zip and png file as an attachment to [email protected] and ask for support for your issue. I did the same and its under investigation.

Reactions: burduli

mrgonzales13

Apr 7, 2016
No eligible devices

Im running into the same issue. Nexus 6 shows no eligible devices when trying to enroll. Have made sure device is visible and have gone through every setting in my google account to see if anything would prevent it. My phone does show able to enroll on another account I tried but not mine. I know manual flashing is a way around this but looking for OTA updates. Anyone have any ideas on a fix?

dizz232

Mar 15, 2013
Running into the same issue. Nexus 6 not showing up on beta website. Force stopped/deactivated android device manager. Just getting the ota would be easier. Tried flashing and its telling me I need a newer adb on my mac. bleh

Drewman50

May 20, 2016
This can help

There's a way to do it without flash boot. Your Nexus 6 usually has tow copies for some reason. Go to the page, click on which devices are available?, and click on the link to play.google/settings, unchecked the checked Nexus 6, and check the unchecked one, then there will be the enroll option, sorry for the long explanation

azuldio

Jul 1, 2014
Singapore
There's a way to do it without flash boot. Your Nexus 6 usually has tow copies for some reason. Go to the page, click on which devices are available?, and click on the link to play.google/settings, unchecked the checked Nexus 6, and check the unchecked one, then there will be the enroll option, sorry for the long explanation

Could you please explain a little more in detail?

alainalemany

Jun 14, 2008
La Habana
alemany.io

Force stop it.

How you clear data on Android Device Manager?

ambidexter

Oct 22, 2007
Just flash the images with fastboot, Google has clarified you will still get ota preview updates if you enroll in the beta program.

From the dev page:
"If you decide you want to get OTA updates after manually flashing a device, all you need to do is enroll the device in the Android Beta Program. You can enroll the device at any time to receive the next Preview update over the air."
where did you get the beta images for Nexus 6? I am enrolled in the Beta and Nothing is happening. I wonder if they have stopped in anticipation for the upcoming release

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It will always show under device administrators.

You need to install it from the Play Store to be able to clear data. For some odd reason, it's not pre-installed anymore.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Make a bugrepport and send both the zip and png file as an attachment to [email protected] and ask for support for your issue. I did the same and its under investigation.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone