Android N Final Release

Search This thread

milan187

Apr 15, 2015
Anyone that did dirty flashes should use the factory image and load. Start fresh. The restore function from google cloud worked great. Device is flying now and I got over 6GB of free space on my 16GB after all my apps which take up 4GB.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: tohtorin

andQlimax

Jul 29, 2010
Rome
I formatted data then flashed ota with sideload and factory reset, and I still noticing a bit microlag, for example with tapatalk.

Much better than 6 but still having a bit

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5X mediante Tapatalk

Tapatalk sometimes seems laggy because in the way it fetches data which is wrong, in past was a nightmare superlaggy app, now is getting better

Reactions: Javi22

myawan

Dec 18, 2011
Can anybody please confirm me the bootloader and modem version of NRD90M? I want to verify my end.

My bootloader version: BHZ11e
Baseband version: M8994F-2.6.33.2.14

Last edited:

RobbieCrash

Jun 29, 2010
Yes, I saw that. But what happens when I re-encrypt? Do I need to be unrooted first (as one Web site said)? Will data be wiped? Will internal storage be wiped? I can deal with these, but I'd like to be prepared for them if necessary.

Believe me, I have googled but I can't find answers.

I don't see why you'd need to be unrooted to encrypt, but I'm not sure about that. I waited until TWRP worked with my phone encrypted to root.

Data should not be wiped by encrypting; it never has been before. But since I'm encrypted I cannot test for you. Back up and post results?

Sorry I'm not more helpful.

Reactions: ttakacs

AG22

Oct 25, 2012
Has anyone tryed to sync manually a Hotmail Account using GMail app on Nougat? Inside the GMail app, go to Settings > Your Hotmail Account > Sync > select "Never" insted of "each 15 minutes". Open your account then sweep down to syncand wait. It doens't sync, only keeps that small circle spinning. It rarely works. I mean, it fails almost 100%.

But if you change the sync option to "Each 15 minutes", for example, it syncs each 15 minutes (of course) and you can also sync manually (sweeping down). On MM I was able to sync manually even if when I leave the sync option in "Never".

Thinking about to use another light and good email app (even if i have to buy it).

Last edited:
Reactions: robberburn

DaSchnee

Nov 5, 2015
After flashing the image everything is very smooth, but the battery percentage keeps disappearing and I have to re-enable it in the system Tuner UI.
Dies anyone else have this issue?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

joaoresende

Jul 27, 2012
After flashing the image everything is very smooth, but the battery percentage keeps disappearing and I have to re-enable it in the system Tuner UI.
Dies anyone else have this issue?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Yap! I read somewhere that google already knows about it and they will fix it.

Reactions: DaSchnee

ashokabs

Mar 9, 2011
New Delhi
Try Bluemail. It works very well and seems to be more convenient. You should not have the same problem.

Has anyone tryed to sync manually a Hotmail Account using GMail app on Nougat? Inside the GMail app, go to Settings > Your Hotmail Account > Sync > select "Never" insted of "each 15 minutes". Open your account then sweep down to syncand wait. It doens't sync, only keeps that small circle spinning. It rarely works. I mean, it fails almost 100%.

But if you change the sync option to "Each 15 minutes", for example, it syncs each 15 minutes (of course) and you can also sync manually (sweeping down). On MM I was able to sync manually even if when I leave the sync option in "Never".

Thinking about to use another light and good email app (even if i have to buy it).

Reactions: AG22

AG22

Oct 25, 2012
Try Bluemail. It works very well and seems to be more convenient. You should not have the same problem.
I forgot to tell before: actually, even when I leave sync option in "each xx minutes", GMail takes forever to sync something on my Hotmail account.

Right now I'm using Microsoft Outlook app. Works perfectly, the only problem is that don't have an option to sync manually... Only push. But works really great. Don't know if it drains much battery, never used before. Does it drain a lot of battery?
I'm gonna give it a try to Bluemail. Thanks for the recomendation.

Best Regards.

Last edited:

um.z

Mar 13, 2016
Enrolled my phone in the Beta programme to get Android 7 (NRD90M) and unenrolled afterwards. The boot animation remained the same, does anyone know how come? Adaptive brightness seems to have issues, too. Apart from these two things, everything seems to be working fine for now.

milan187

Apr 15, 2015
Enrolled my phone in the Beta programme to get Android 7 (NRD90M) and unenrolled afterwards. The boot animation remained the same, does anyone know how come? Adaptive brightness seems to have issues, too. Apart from these two things, everything seems to be working fine for now.
Boot animation never changed.

Reactions: um.z
Hi,
has everyone with a 32 gb version got the same fault that after installing 7 factory images only 10.55 gb are available?
I fixed it with rezising data in twrp but why google ships out the 16 gb version factory images which are causing that(the userdata has the wrong block image size)?
Any ideas?
Happened to me also this morning after deciding to use the factory image to reflash Nougat on my phone. A factory reset fixed it for me though.

porky101

Aug 5, 2010
Bah I am still waiting. Have you noticed any major issues since upgrading?

I have not upgraded yet, I started the download probably around 30min ago and it is taking FOREVER, not really sure why, I have pretty fast Internet and its only 1.1GB about

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Bah I am still waiting. Have you noticed any major issues since upgrading?

I have not upgraded yet, I started the download probably around 30min ago and it is taking FOREVER, not really sure why, I have pretty fast Internet and its only 1.1GB about

Actually I just plugged my phone into the wall and now it is downloading MUCH faster!

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone