Android N Final Release

Search This thread
G

GuestD0701

I was away from my laptop so I downloaded the factory image then used FlashFire app then booted back into twrp and finished her off. I like to be different. lol. Worked like a charm. I'm using franco kernel. Ran great the last day or so.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Hey,
How can i know whether upgrade is downloading or not ?
I live in India
Anyone from india upgraded to N?
Thanks

You'll know as it will show a progress bar and go through a series of reboots once it actually updates. :)

yanleites

Dec 15, 2012
Jerusalem
Hi everyone.
I need an advice:
Got Nexus 5X running Android 7 rooted+twrp.
I flashed a clean Android N DP1, and then made only updates until the final release.
Should I Flash clean Andorid 7 again or it's ok keep using it.
The phone works fine btw.
Thanks !

Last edited:

ABSathe

Aug 4, 2016
Pune
Hey I'm not getting any ota update!
My friend from same country has upgraded his device through ota
I'm already on August patch level
Any help ?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160827-152728.png
    Screenshot_20160827-152728.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 268

um.z

Mar 13, 2016
Hey I'm not getting any ota update!
My friend from same country has upgraded his device through ota
I'm already on August patch level
Any help ?

If you really can't wait for the final version of Android 7, try enrolling your phone in the beta programme, downlnoad the update, and then unenrol your device again once you're done.

ABSathe

Aug 4, 2016
Pune
OTA updates rolling out in batches, so you will get the update soon
I know that .. but since we both are from same city .. I expected that we will get update at same time
And earlier when we were getting system update .. I only got notification about system update downloaded .. while a minute before I checked update I got system up to date .. and just after 5 minutes I got system update downloaded notification
Is there any way to solve this ?
I need to get a data plan accordingly so that ota will be downloaded from my data pack only (without charging any more money )

valeron94

Jan 8, 2010
I know that .. but since we both are from same city .. I expected that we will get update at same time
And earlier when we were getting system update .. I only got notification about system update downloaded .. while a minute before I checked update I got system up to date .. and just after 5 minutes I got system update downloaded notification
I need to get a data plan accordingly so that ota will be downloaded from my data pack only (without charging any more money )
Enroll in the beta program and you'll receive it immediately, after updating you can unenroll with no side effects

attaullahsahito

Aug 16, 2015
Hamilton

Is there any specific order in which ota arrive to our devices or just random

tohtorin

Jun 22, 2016
Lammi
www.drg.fi
I strongly recommend that people use clean factory image flash with removing all data instead of OTA when android version majorly changes. Then it works as it is supposed to do and no any previous version leftovers on the disk making conflicts and hiccups.

Nexus 5x really FLIES with nougat. And even more with hawktail or similar interactive governor tune.

Sent from my LG Nexus 5X using XDA Labs

ashokabs

Mar 9, 2011
New Delhi
I upgraded from Preview 5. Just went to beta programme and enrolled. Immediately the download started and it was 55 MB approx. Took a few minutes and then I upgraded. No problem. Works well. Depends on whether you are upgrading from MM or from the Developer Preview.

Hey,
How can i know whether upgrade is downloading or not ?
I live in India
Anyone from india upgraded to N?
Thanks

yanleites

Dec 15, 2012
Jerusalem
I strongly recommend that people use clean factory image flash with removing all data instead of OTA when android version majorly changes. Then it works as it is supposed to do and no any previous version leftovers on the disk making conflicts and hiccups.

Nexus 5x really FLIES with nougat. And even more with hawktail or similar interactive governor tune.

Sent from my LG Nexus 5X using XDA Labs

Even if it's same OS?

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
I've upgraded through beta program. Is it just me or the boot animation remained the MM one?

Apparently the boot animation never changed.
I've only seen that new animation after a software update. It replaced the "Android system updating..." and not the actual boot animation. It was even like this during the DPs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: daniele.s

tohtorin

Jun 22, 2016
Lammi
www.drg.fi
Even if it's same OS?

Well yes, usually we speak about Android OS. So basically when MM updated from 6.0 to 6.0.1 it was minor upgrade. But when MM updated to N 6.0.1 to 7.0 that is major one.
Usually with major updates core system components changes so much that it is wise to do clean flash. Like ART compiler for example.

Zach1928

Jul 3, 2014
Tempe
I have not upgraded yet, I started the download probably around 30min ago and it is taking FOREVER, not really sure why, I have pretty fast Internet and its only 1.1GB about

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Actually I just plugged my phone into the wall and now it is downloading MUCH faster!

Let me know how it goes. I'm always skeptical about initial releases

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone